It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truman Show Symbolism and The "Truman Syndrome"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
"Researchers have begun documenting what they dub the "Truman syndrome," a delusion afflicting people who are convinced that their lives are being played out on a reality TV show. Scientists say the disorder underscores the influence pop culture can have on mental conditions."

edition.cnn.com...

The Truman Show (1998) - www.imdb.com...

Truman Burbank lives a happy life. However, what he doesn't know is that his life is actually the focus of a reality TV show aired since his birth, that he's the star, his hometown is a giant set piece, and everyone around him is an actor going by a script.

Truman is the star.

The director of Truman Show is called Christof. He said that “we accept the reality of the world with which we are presented”.

"But tonight, something special for you. A rare and exclusive interview with the show's conceiver, and creator. So, come with us now as we go live to the Lunar Room on the 221st floor of the Omni-Cam ecosphere. That's where we'll find the world's greatest televisionary. The designer, and architect of a world within a world that is Seahaven Island, Christof."

Truman drives a Ford Taurus.

The security guard that watchs the show wears an inverted cross as necklace.

I don't know exactly what all those symbols means in that context.
Please help us to figure out what does they mean if you have knowledge!

Maybe there are lots of symbology that I still did not realize, because I'm still newbie at that occult thing, but those are the screenshots of the scenes I find the most "curious":

Look down right, the Eye?:

Look at his handkerchief:

Stars and that place:

Kiss what?

For sun:

Ironic!

His car:

Is this a 6? HAHA!

Math with the boat he uses to scape the island:

His house:

More curiosity: www.imdb.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I love "The Truman Show."

One of the tightest, most imaginative stories ever.

It is very common for teenagers to have a psychological phenomenon called the "private audience."

This phenomenon is not only common, it is not pathological.

I assume that you are speaking of adults who think that their actions and thoughts are being monitored by some entity.

This is mostly always pathological, depending on the details of the symptoms.

Sometimes peoples actions are monitored, but thought broacasting is not possible and the idea that others can read one's thoughts is definitely pathological.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The Truman Show is one of my favorite films.. there is no hidden or occult symbolism in this film. All the clues in the movie are there to support the plot and storyline.

As for the syndrome, that is really scary to think that people may believe that. (I would never think I was that interesting!!!)

join