It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

making a weapon enough to kill or knock out

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
A spear gun is a one-shot wonder. It's not accurate, the bands deteriorate quickly, and overall, it's very ineffective. It's used for spearing fish underwater, and only a few feet away at best.

Good luck. You're going to need it.

We live in Perth mate... All he needs is a fly swatter..

Unless the mozzies start to attack aswell.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Haha yea, i dont really think they'll be coming here anytime soon. lol

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'd like to back my previous post with a real suggestion that I keep by my bed at all times.

A 2/3 size louisville slugger. The kind a kid uses in tee ball probably. I really don't know where I found one so small, but its built to last and that thing swings so fast I think I could shatter damn near any bone in the body with it. I also have a big wooden bat as well, which is good, but I can one-arm the small one with some devastating force.

Really, I'd compare it with the speed and strike force of a riot baton.

Haha, edit to add that having a ball around is a good idea. As one of my favorite rock bands say...
Joey, have you got a ball and a glove,
She asked me
What are you gonna do?
A bat is just a weapon unless there's the other two.

[edit on 1/18/09 by SantaClaus]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This may have some relevance to this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

if i get a base ball bat whats the excuse lol i don't play it and cricket bat i have but doesn't seem very versatile lol but the point is i will try and stock food but lets say when i get a good hint things are going to s**t i will then defiantly buy weapons

also my dog is small but she will fight whenever i get angry up my parents my dog backs them up only when im arguing for the wrong thing its amazing dogs are the best

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by piero
reply to post by bloodcircle

if i get a base ball bat whats the excuse lol i don't play it and cricket bat i have but doesn't seem very versatile lol but the point is i will try and stock food but lets say when i get a good hint things are going to s**t i will then defiantly buy weapons

i suppose when the SHTF it would be very unlikely to get ahold of weapons...unless you do it illegaly

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lastmanstanding

you gotta point do you reckon it will happen?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

reply to post by lastmanstanding

you gotta point do you reckon it will happen?

Well our 2nd Amendment is already under act. I do not have an exact source but I have heard from a bunch of people they are trying to disarm people on a small scale, being careful to not stir up to much attention. I believe they will do it state by state to make it a smooth transition. I suggest you do a little research just to be sure. If you are going to buy guns and ammunition I would do it soon in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
unfortunately im under 18 so what do i do lol

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

theres no possible way of getting a hatchet i was thinking a spear gun but parents would find it and go wtf
What about something simple like a staff used as a walking stick? Surely they can't object to that.. Hiking is great exercise for the heart, lungs, and muscles. Wrap a little parachute cord around the shaft, do a little decorating, and voila! you have a nice walking stick.

A staff in the hands of a competent user can be quite effective. It has reach, good weight, and can smash kneecaps, poke out eyes, or crush the skulls of attacking predators. Attach a spear point or frog gig to one, and have a serviceable hunting tool. Don't forget, they also make traversing rough terrain much simpler. You're no longer a biped, you're a triped!

Your best bet though in a SHTF situation is to learn stealth and keep a low profile. Fight only if you have to. It's not about some Rambo fantasy, it's about keeping yourself and your loved ones alive.

In that vein I'd suggest learning some basic survival skills like making a fire, rendering first aid, setting snares and traps, finding water, and navigation with a simple compass.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If your that worried about your parents then you probally shouldn't have a weapon or mabey you could grow a pair of balls and just hide something in your closet

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
A handful of wet sand, OR a snooker ball in a sock is a lethal weapon.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WisdomInChains

well im 17 and ive been caught many times with illegal substances
and theirs no way to hide anything in my room anymore

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
buy a chieneise ak havent you heard fredom got an ak i got mine

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join