It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

making a weapon enough to kill or knock out

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
i know the name of the thread seems bad im only 17 and if things go bad in the area of california as some threads have already talked about and hell breaks lose with stores haveing no products people going broke and eventaully lets say 3 weeks later people will form ''gangs'' and raid maybe even rape kill this is just my guess no its not because i watch too many movies and there will be others who will be prepared which is why i need to ask you if people do happen to ''raid'' how can i protect myself im only 17 and i cant get a gun any help please thanks im only asking this for protection

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
You can make a bow and arrows. Just go into your local woods and look for saplings from ash or spruce, the basics of a bow are quite easy. You can have blunt arrows to be non lethal but have enough force to disorient, or you can sharpen them for a more deadly affect.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
One can make very formidable weapons out of garden tools. Minor adjustments, and you're good to go. Even a lawnmower blade with duct tape on one end for gripping is deadly.

Bows. Had Napolean's Old Guard been armed with bows and just a bit of skill as archers, he would have won against the Duke of Wellington.

Best of all? Quiet. Archers are quiet. Very quiet. And quiet should be your primary goal in such an evolving situation.

Think. Use your head.

If you have a defensive position, any entries should require one to get on hands and knees to enter.

I don't care how big and bad someone is, they just exposed their neck and head first by trying entry. Just make sure you are the surprise. And that lawnmower blade alone could come in quite handy, and you won't have to concern yourself with a misfire.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
thank you guys.
do u really reckon this will happen or go too that extreme? if so how long do you believe it will take

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Noone knows for sure. All we can do is wait. You have the advantage of very good natural resources in California. The coastal woods will supply you of almost everything you need to survive, very good lumber and plenty of edible marine life from the coastal shoals. After you make your weapons, which i advise a bow and arrow and maybe some pikes. Pikes are not only beneficial as weapons but can be used to stabilize makeshift shelters, furthermore they are great hunting tools that require little training to use. Just prepare for now and wait it out, keep calm and collect. Go to your bookstore and pick up a wild herbs and botanical guide. Time to return to nature.

I forgot to mention, I used to live in California and there is an abundance of Bamboo. Bamboo is a good plant to make pikes of, also you can cut the lower tubes and use them as water storage containers because they are hollow. You will need an axe or a machette also, look into getting one of these at a military surplus for the quality or, the ones at walmart work nicely too, just be more careful with those because they are made with lower carbon in the steel.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by LeTan]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
A bow and arrow and a spear made from a knife will put you on par with the indiginoud peoples who were here first ("indians"). Peace/out.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
i don't live in cali i mean the crisis thats happening there sorry haha
but thanks for the info i live in Perth Australia by the way

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by piero
how can i protect myself im only 17 and i cant get a gun any help please thanks im only asking this for protection

Do like they do in Gaza and throw rocks at your enemies.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
even better, same trees, i believe there is bamboo near the coast. Also your marine life is richer

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
You had better have something more than just bows and arrows because if this "gang" stuff becomes true, you are going to face alot more than just 1 opponent.

I think the better course for everyone is to share knowledge about surviving, teach those who do not know how to hunt or fish or make clothing or make shelter, instead of all this garbage about making weapons to kill fellow human beings.

There wont be any survival if everyones mindset is stuck in the same rut that would cause the SHTF in the first place.

Defending is one thing, but even sharing knowledge can be a survival weapon..for everyone.

In other words....be realistic and dont dive into this rambo in the domestic jungle nonsense.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

i get where your comming from the point is that if it escalates to that we have no protection and i was wondering how could i possibly convince my parents to get food supplies long lasting stuff seeing as though im only 17....

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
If you are a skilled archer, then you are a man to be feared. Gangs usually don't have the same fire in their belly after a few of their leaders have had their guts blown.

They like easy prey.

If you are skilled and determined, you avoid trouble at all costs, but if the situation requires, you wade in. Intelligently.

Few want to die over something foolish.

You never follow the same way back, you always alter every thing you do. Never be anticipated.

I have several firearms, even polearms, tempered carbon steel swords, and my all-time favorite is my hatchet. Just as I carried in combat, it's useful tool, and one hell of a weapon up close.

Read. Study. Think. And depending on your locale and abilities, you do the best you can.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
theres no possible way of getting a hatchet i was thinking a spear gun but parents would find it and go wtf

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by piero

I totally agree with having defense ability. I hope that people realize that when the SHTF, we are all better off working with each other than against each other. And if necessary, defend yourself against those absolute stubborn mindless crazies who just cannot see that there is a better way and that continuing the nonsense of what brought upon the SHTF.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
A spear gun is a one-shot wonder. It's not accurate, the bands deteriorate quickly, and overall, it's very ineffective. It's used for spearing fish underwater, and only a few feet away at best.

Good luck. You're going to need it.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
thanks the only way i would have the balls to kill someone is if they were about to kill someone or a family member or my dog lol would an extremely sharp stick work or just use a knife lol
im quite worried to be honestttt.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Learn some insurgent/hunter tactics like the ones that the Vietcong made use of.
A miniature Burmese Tiger Trap for example. A hole in the ground with spikes that can tear through shoes, fabric, skin. Useful if you get stuck in a wilderness area. And you can probably fashion the spikes out of bamboo using the same process as making spears but instead making them shorter.
Which in that case you'd want a good shovel as well. Small enough to carry on a backpack.
The top of the hole would be best covered convincingly as well, enough that you know where it is but not so that it stands out in the terrain. Work out an easy to remember system about where you put your traps and the like so you don't end up as your own victim.
In other things for getting the idea for an ambush set-up:
www.dlsu.edu.ph...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Teaching yourself to use even simple weapons can be even more deadly than a firearm.

I spent a lot of time in an amalgamated blade training class, and I can say, that even if I can't get my hands on a hilt, I am more than adequate with a baseball bat in each hand.

Of course, getting a good reliable handgun can't hurt.

As far as archery, can't say I'm in any way experienced there, but it seems a weapon that would be hard to maintain with so little supplies, and regardless of your skill, your reload time is nothing compared to a good swipe of a katana or the chamber in a glock.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
A non lethal variant to such weapons is a club or a staff. According to my research, Australia has many good trees that can be used to make non lethal but damaging weapons. These can be used in self defense or for hunting. One of the best woods I saw on my research that grows quite abundantly in your area is Lignum vitae, one of the most dense woods in the world. You can fashion a branch into a bo staff, which is primarily a defense weapon, but can be turned into a spear with little effort. The wood is also well balanced if you carve it with a heavy base, which you can throw for ranged attack or hunting. You can also fashion it into a boomerang or a shorter throwing stick, with the density of the wood, it can have tremendous affect. The Lignum Vitae also known as Guayacan can be identified with smooth ashy bark, purple flowers and leathery green leaves that are segmented into 3.

However I agree with RF burns that weapons should be a secondary concern, food gathering and basic survival tactics such as where to look for food, renewable water and working with people who are on the same boat with you is first and vital. Defense can come after you have set up basic survival i believe. As for traps, be very very careful with traps, personally i would not use anti personel traps such as pungee sticks. Maybe just a pit fall would suffice, no need to add sharp sticks at the bottom, as a sharp fall, even into a hole 4 feet deep would likely cause a twisting of the ankle or a fracture in the knee from impact of an unsuspected victom. These are all non lethal variants to the lethal ones i have seen.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by LeTan]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by piero
i don't live in cali i mean the crisis thats happening there sorry haha
but thanks for the info i live in Perth Australia by the way

I honestly don't think you/we have much to worry about.

Australia isn't the USA, we actually help each other out if SHTF, just look what's happening right now in Bridgetown with the bushfires, the whole town has come together to try and save each others houses.

Don't lose faith in your fellow human

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join