It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is life real or just an illusion? Pt2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm sure by now many of you have seen my first thread on this topic. With all the other threads on here about the same topic it made me think about a movie that I saw not so long ago.

There is a movie called "The Thirteen Floor". In the movie, there is a man who creates a simulated world. All the people in the simulated world think there world is real. The man who made the simulation later leaves a note at a bar saying that the simulated wasn't real and to prove it all anyone had to do was drive to the end of the road.

Later on it turned out that the note that was left at the bar was meant for another guy who works for him. The creator of the simulation wanted to tell the guy who worked for him that there world that wasn't real.

This brings me to my point. About a day or two ago, there was a member who posted the thread Scientists Discover "Universe is Giant 3D Hologram"

The article from the thread makes sense if you looked out it in a different way. For example at the edge of our universe there is nothing but darkness. It made me seriously think that our world is nothing more but a dream that was made into a project by an unknown creature.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
as far as i can see we are a big experiment here on earth and their seems to be something bigger going on and we are all traped not noing anything better other what we smell feel and hear I think our souls are trapped and in reality we are supposed to remeber from one life to another and here we are starting new lifes every time we die and not remeber the last thats were i think we are trapped and part of a big experiment just waiting for the right beings out their willing to take a chance and rescue us.

Excuse my Speeling english not very good.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It's important to understand that the "illusion" of multiplicity is as much the product of what remains unseen as it is of that which presents itself to the senses. But this doesn't mean that the picture of reality painted by our senses is 'unreal'; it's simply incomplete and thereby misleading.

What "remains unseen" is the interconnectedness of all we perceive.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
...so, in answer to the title question, "life" is real, but perception of this living oneness is generally limited ...and 'illusory' by virtue of those limitations.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It's time for this thread to become active again.

new topics

top topics

join