It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Exeter, New Hampshire UFO Encounter, Sept. 3, 1965

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm in NH, too.

Back in the early 1980's, the Haskell family in Washington, saw a UFO over Highland Lake. My family has a cottage on Highland Lake, so I know the area well.

They used to own the General Store up there, and the locals made so much fun of them for reporting it, that they left the area.

Too bad... I didn't get a chance to talk with them before they left the area.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Another Police UFO report from Texas on the same evening:

September 3, 1965 - Same Night As Exeter, Cops Encounter UFO In Texas

About 11:00 p.m. on the night of Friday September 3, Deputy Sheriff Bob Goode, 50, was driving his patrol car south out of Damon in Texas toward West Columbia on Highway 36.
Suddenly McCoy spotted a bright purple light on the horizon to the southwest which appeared to be about five to six miles distant. At first they thought it might be something in the nearby oil fields, perhaps an oil-drilling rig. But then a blue light, smaller in diameter than the purple light, emerged from it and moved to the right before stopping. Both lights remained in this orientation for a while before beginning to drift upward. This upward floating motion continued until the objects reached an elevation of 5-10 degrees above the horizon.

Goode then studied the lights through a pair of binoculars, but could not make out any additional features. As their curiosity mounted, the officers began to look for back roads that might take them closer to the lights. They stopped again, and this time the lights suddenly swooped toward them, covering the intervening distance in 1-2 seconds, abruptly stopping practically overhead.Their patrol car and the surrounding terrain were brightly illuminated in purple light. They could now see that the purple and blue lights were attached to opposite ends of an enormous object, hovering about 150 feet from them at about a 100-foot altitude.

In his later statement to the Air Force, McCoy described what he saw:

"The bulk of the object was plainly visible at this time and appeared to be triangular shaped with a bright purple light on the left end and the smaller, less bright, blue light on the right end. The bulk of the object appeared to be dark gray in color with no other distinguishing features. It appeared to be about 200 feet wide and 40-50 feet thick in the middle, tapering off toward both ends. There was no noise or any trail. The bright purple light illuminated the ground directly underneath it and the area in front of it, including the highway and the interior of our patrol car. The tall grass under the object did not appear to be disturbed. There was a bright moon out and it cast a shadow of the object on the ground immediately below it in the grass."

To both men, the object seemed to be "as big as a football field." Goode could feel strong heat emanating from the object onto his left arm, through his shirt-sleeve.

After a few seconds, with the strange object hovering almost directly overhead, they fled the scene and headed toward Damon "as fast as we could go," making speeds of up to 110 miles per hour. McCoy kept watching the object out the rear window of the car. For 10 to 15 seconds, the UFO continued to hover above the pasture. Then it abruptly shot back in the direction from which it had come. "After arriving at approximately its original position," McCoy reported,"it went straight up in the air and disappeared at 25-30 degrees above the horizon."

Back at Damon, the shaken officers calmed themselves, and then decided to go back and investigate again. This time they drove down the Damon-West Columbia road, but saw nothing. Finally they returned to the area where they had first seen the lights, and once again spied the purple light on the horizon, and again saw the smaller blue light emerge with a strange two-step motion and float upward. Fearing another close encounter, they again fled the area.

The deputies reported the sighting to Ellington Air Force Base, and Major Laurence Leach, Jr., arrived on September 8, 1965, to interview McCoy and Goode and take a statement. Leach's report to Project Blue Book headquarters at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base reflected his puzzlement. "There is no doubt in my mind," he said, "that they definitely saw some unusual object or phenomenon... Both officers appeared to be intelligent, mature, level-headed persons capable of sound judgment and reasoning."

US Air Force put this case in the "unknown" category.
Reported in The TRUE Report On Flying Saucers,1967 with Major Donald E. Keyhoe as one of the chief investigators)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Exeter debunk debunked:

link

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

That first photo in your link

www.ufoevidence.org...

looks a lot like my first UFO sighting, which also took place in 1965.

My sighting was on a Sunday night, and it was a school night. So it could have been September 5th. But what I saw looked like what they called a plasma craft. There were no red lights.
It was a glowing bright white/yellow oval.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Joe Nickell is a BS artist.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

It is obv that it is not a human made craft.

'Bertrand, dragged Muscarello, frozen with fear, back to the cruiser.

From the car, the men saw no tail, no wings and heard no sound.

Already en route, Hunt arrived within minutes and saw the UFO as it "floated, wobbled and did things that no plane could do" before it darted away toward Hampton."

The military thought so too.

"Muscarello's mother purportedly saw confidential drawings of a UFO landing site pattern that was handcuffed to an Air Force investigator who visited her house. The neighboring farmer was instructed by the Air Force to plow under landing marks in his field.

"The hens in the neighborhood stopped laying eggs. The air-base intelligence officer was seen buying up all the newspapers carrying stories about Sept. 3. A base commander was seen in civilian clothes rather than uniform while investigating," he related.

Then, there was the irrefutable.

"There were major similarities with these area sightings that conform to documented cases. UFOs tend to be seen near swamps, major power lines or nuclear sources. Muscarello noticed the object coming from over a line of trees behind which were major power lines. There was a swamp in the area. Pease air base and the Navy yard both had nuclear power entities."

The UFO I saw was basically doing the same, hovering over the nuclear bomb shelters at the nearby Naval Base.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vittra
People used to camp out on the side of the road all the time looking for UFO's,

I think that is where they got the idea for that scene in Close Encounters of the Thrid Kind.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

The whole event sounds like an aborted abduction event.
Try this scenario:

The craft flew down to abduct the woman driving her car down the road, but its tractor beam failed to work. They fixed it and then went after the guy walking on the road. Again their beam did not work. They fixed it again and went after the guy and the cop in the field. Once again, their beam did not work.

At that point the pilot looks at the crew leader and says
"I say screw this new fangled technology. Next time let's just do it the old fashion way and get out and grab them, like we did with Betty and Barney."

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
reply to post by karl 12

Joe Nickell is a BS artist.

Well, that's definitely one way of putting it mate - thought Dr Michael Swords made some extremely good points in the article and, when it comes to CSICOP 'debunkers', I don't think James McGaha fairs much better.

..this is another example of the debunker's predilection for having a simple brain gush, disregarding massive amounts of the actual witness testimony, and force fit an inadequate thought into an inappropriate situation.

link

Here he is (McGaha) dealing with another police UFO case trying to explain how a huge red object hovering directly over a police officer's patrol car was the result of 'twinkling stars'.

link

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

He says they saw something unknown in the sky and the first thing that popped into their mind was UFO.

Well DUH!

The thing flew over his car and then flew away!

He is such an idiot.
I do not know why anyone pays these ids for their viewpoint when they are such a joke.

Did you know that one of our ATS posters is a CSICOP debunker.
His name is James Oberg.

www.csicop.org...

Here he is at 1:47 making a fool out of himself:

www.youtube.com...

Long ago and far away.... he must have got the Battle of LA mixed up with the Battle of Hoth.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 8-11-2012 by spiritualarchitect because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Interesting case, will have to do more reading on this over the weekend when I'm not on overly censored work internet...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I actually grew up in Exeter. My Father taught Math at Phillips Exeter academy. I saw a UFO and it changed my perspective on life. My Dad and I had gone to a Bruins game and were driving back to Exeter. We were just west of town when we saw 3-4 cars just stopped at a 4 way stop sign. I looked up and saw a UFO that must have been a thousand feet off the ground. It was just hovering. It looked like a Big Mac shape wise. It's middle was wider than its top or bottom. I should point out there was an active AIr Force base nearby Pease Air Force base. What I saw made no sound whatsoever and it was lit up from the inside. It looked like there were windows around the middle part. Slowly the object moved South I would guess half mile to a mile. It just took off straight up into the air in a light trail and vanished. My Dad looked at me and said. "We can never mention this". He was worried about his teaching career if it got out what we saw. It wasn't until the object went straight up into a light trail that I knew what I saw that night was not from this Earth. It changed my perspective on life. I knew we were not alone in the Universe. Honestly have never seen anything like it since. My Dad and I still talk about it to this day.

I am curious why no one mentioned Betty and Barney Hills encounter. Was very close to where I had ours. There is a book about the Hills experience titled Incident at Exeter. One of the most famous UFO cases ever reported.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join