It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kelly-Hopkinsville Incident, 1955, Family Terrorised By Alleged ET's

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by roncoallstar
I remember seeing a recreation of this incident on some recent show, I just can't remember what it was.

Monsters of the UFO - Incident at Kelly perhaps?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

torsion
Monsters of the UFO - Incident at Kelly perhaps?

Link corrected.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
There was always something about this incident that struck me as fake. I read about it years ago.

I could never figure out quite what it was. It never did come across to me as having to do with Aliens. I'm guessing they saw something.What I'm not quite sure. This case just never struck me as genuine.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Interesting case and yet hardly believable. I am also criticizing the human stupidity - a raise hand would mean greetings and the first thing humans would do - shoot out of fear. This explains what would happen if you ever met a peaceful being that wants to greet you. This is probably a universal way to say hello and I think even for any other beings that would mean the same.

That's why the Voyager disk also has this way of greeting

And based on the story that's a similar gesture the creature had made...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
The way I see it, is these beings obviously decided in advance to outfit themselves with bulletproof "something" (I guess shields) and try to just walk up on these farmers and see what kind of reaction they get.

I can't presume to know how an alien intelligence would think but this seems almost irresponsible on their behalf.

Funny thing with stories like this, you hear the description of the aliens which is so specific but you rarely hear of the same kind of alien twice.

Ive always taken the 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' explanation for things like this on occasion, while it sounds silly it makes quite a bit of sense when you think about it.

ie these types of encounters are 'Teasers'...

Teasers are usually rich kids with nothing to do. They cruise around looking for planets that haven't made interstellar contact yet and buzz them, meaning that they find some isolated spot with very few people around, then land right by some poor unsuspecting soul whom no one's going to believe and then strut up and down in front of him wearing silly antennas on their head and making beep beep noises

The thing is, there are a few old encounters with creatures described similar to these ones, small humanoids with large ears and they usually exhibit similar behavior too. Personally, if this particular type of aliens exists I think they'd be a neat bunch to meet, they seem kinda benign and more like jokers than scientists or explorers.

Id rather meet these guys than a grey any day.
edit on 18-8-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I find both explanations as rather funny. The first one is just idiotic, the second one ignores the claim that the beings were glowing. I'm not saying that there isn't a mundane explanation, I'm just saying those two don't feel right.

Not to mention, I think the family would have seen a great many owls living out there. So I'd assume they'd be able to identify an owl from a glowing huminoid figure. I of course can only assume.

Let's for the sake of argument say these were true extra terrestrials. A shark is curious and they too will prod and watch until they strike a blow. However, they don't do this for hours on end. Granted, the shooting might have scared the E.T.'s, but they were obviously immune. So I don't think that's the case. Secondly, the first creature arrived with it's hands raised. I'm assuming over it's head, like a "hey look, I'm unarmed" kind of signal. (Rather universal.) I'm guessing it was trying to let them (the family) know he wasn't there to do harm. Perhaps they wanted to make some form of contact.

If they were bent on causing harm, it seems that not only were they more then capable, but they had so many chances. Yet, even after being fired upon, and hit at point blank range, they kept their cool and did not attack the family. Which again makes me feel they weren't there to cause any harm. The claw from the roof touching the hair also felt like it was out of curiousity, much like we humans do to aquatic animals at Sea World. "Oh look mommy! I touched the sting ray!".

I do understand why the family acted the way they did. For many seeing glowing creatures (especially in 1955) would have been terrifying. But I wish it would have happened differently.

I think they were showing signs of friendship rather than aggression. I hope one day, if these things were truly E.T. in origin, that we'll be able to look back and laugh at the incident over a nice cup of Slurm.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Recently red a book on this from cufos i think,It mentioned inside that some air force officials showed to the family a "doll" or a cast and asked them is this what you saw?

It boggles the mind how cufos didnt search more on this.How did those guys got a cast of the occupants?From where?When and how?It also has a pic inside the book.Book is from Ted Bloecher

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Recap on case by Rich Dolan -also covers Hynek's involvement.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join