It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Humans Become the Next Missing Link?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I thought briefly about posting this in Skunk Works, so I guess it wouldn't bother me if it's moved there (from Origins and Creationism).

Are there technologies out there so mind-boggling as to be able to remove or vaporize all traces of human existence? If so and, Heaven forbid, should complete annihilation, including everything artificial, occur, the replacement species will still have, I believe, an easy enough time determining 2 distinct lost eras (of humans) if the pyramids and Sphinx are left intact, and that seemingly would be related easily enough to hard evidence of an evolutionary gap of 2 distinct species after Cro Magnon...

Certainly, or I definitely want to believe that, the next at the top of the Earth food chain (if different enough from humans) would be able to avoid pitfalls like religions that are anti-truth, anti-nature and anti-freedom. The future is about evolution; which includes consciousness/knowledge.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This History Channel documentary "Life after People" very graphically demonstrates the entropy experienced by all physical traces of mankind.
Exceptional C.G.I .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are there technologies out there so mind-boggling as to be able to remove or vaporize all traces of human existence?

The action of the weather etc etc and lots of Time.

Google Video Link

[edit on 17-1-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightworth
would be related easily enough to hard evidence of an evolutionary gap of 2 distinct species after Cro Magnon...

cro magnon are homosapien, its a name used for archaiac homosapiens in europe not a seperate species

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Doh! Thank you, noobfun. Make that Neanderthal. Will make correction in latest blog entry as well (on a different subject).

UmbraSumas, I enjoyed the History Channel program, but I was thinking more in line of a sci-fi-type head start on Nature reclaiming the planet; rather than waiting 10,000 years to create the hopefully hypothetical replacement species.

new topics

top topics

join