It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea says Plutonium "Weaponized" and Off-Limits

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
StellarX here example of North Korea approach to dealing with aspects of feeding its population .

Right and lets see if it happens or is in fact true; unlike you i don't eat up every bit of anti-'communist' ( meaning countries or people's who try to set their own course) propaganda as daily manufactured in the west.

North Korea isnt interested in any political the fact that they closed the only rail link between the two countries and do everything they can to prevent people from heading to South Korea .

But who really closed it and what where the reasons? Again just more typical presumptions that the North Korean government is trying to destroy itself apparently trying to prove to you that 'communist' ( and their not) are crazy.

[quote[ North Korea leaders have brainwashed the locals into thinking that all there problems are the fault of the US and South Korea .

North Korean leaders have not managed to 'brainwash' ( as if you need brainwashing to think that about a country that invaded two countries without either having attacked the UNited States of America) all North Koreans , hence the resistance to the regime, but given American threats and economic sanctions and predation they didn't have to do much in terms of propaganda. Teaching North Koreans or South Koreans about the evils of imperialism and imperialist isn't indoctrination; certainly not as compared to the American governments propaganda campaigns to convince US citizens that Iraq had WOMD and were somehow involved in 9-11.

When it comes to propaganda countries like North Korea are hopelessly outmatched by the west who aren't only better at it but has the military muscle to crush those who they can't fool.

Truman fired MacArthur not Ike . Ike was elected president and sat in the Oval Office after Truman .

Don't know why or how i got that mixed up. You have my apology.

South Korea invaded North Korea ?

Which isn't saying much as North Korea were apparently waiting for the type of large scale provocation the South Korean US dictator were so willing to provide to prop up his regime. He rightly understood that the US would come to his aid but he wrongly thought that he had much in the form of support hence the rapid collapse of South Korean forces.

Thou out the Cold War the North Korean was depended upon on aid from the Soviet Union and China .

Not true. Even during the Korean war the USSR strictly limited it's aid and involvement thus doing it's best to not allow the conflict to escalate. Sure North Korea recieved aid but much less than most US allies on the border of the USSR. The quick industrialization and the high living standards of North Korea until the late 70's ( which were followed by a period of stagnation until the decline at the 'fall' of the USSR) where almost exclusively due to North Korea's own efforts building on the fact that they did inherit a large majority of Korean industry and natural resources.

After the Cold War ended so did the economic aid and as a result North Korea economy crumbled .

Aid declined greatly at that time and coupled with all the other problems North Korea were facing ( large external debt, storms and droughs, bad economic policy decisions) it was enough to turn stagnation into a accelerating decline.

North Korea self imposed isolation policy's in an age where access to overseas markets is crucial have proven to be economic suicide

North Korea did not choose economic isolation any more than Cuba or any other number of states that attempted to set independent courses in world affairs. Like Cuba and Vietnam North Korea took aid where it could get it and when the US proved itself a enemy it had to go elsewhere.

None of this is the US fault .

And the US national security states choice to bomb korea into oblivion wasn't it's fault either. Neither was it the fault of the US national security state for choosing to kill a few million Vietnamese for refusing to accept capitalism and US puppet leaders. If nothing is the fault of the US national security state why does it need and want to be so heavily armed? To protect itself from the irrational hatred and violent rest of the world? Why don't the communist try to attack Sweden? Why aren't the swedes scared to death?

Maybe you can't figure this out but irrational hatred is something normally associated with those who attack and bomb other countries and not with the victims being bombed. Until you can figure out that a very, very large proportion of the worlds problems are directly caused by the policies as carried out and defended by the west ( and it's current champion the US) this world will truly seem a scary irrational place. Once you can accept that there is very little irrationality coupled to all of this it wont be hard to lay the blame with those who are levelling entire countries in the interest 'exporting democracy' and some such nonsense.

Your attempted to smear the US is pathetic .

I admit that i seem to be failing in showing up the violent inhumane foreign policy goals of the US national security state but this failure is my own and not due to the benevolent original intent of US foreign policy.

I will keep trying and hopefully you can learn to seperate yourself from 'the US' and begin to understand that it's leaders are not only not acting in your interest but actively destroying the US as they have destroyed dozens of countries in the last half century.

Stellar

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Didn't Bush a few months ago remove North Korea from it's "terrorist state" list to improve relations??? I can't find the link though...
We in the west don't have much to worry about with N Korea, i'm sure the south and China will keep them in their place if they try any thing stupid...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think one thing that will arise from this will be a claim from the USA that NK could trade Iran with some of its weoponised fuel. Now im not saying they have or anything but the US already know that Iran & NK have traded nuclear tech before & so NK having this grade of plutonium is definatly a big issue & their past links with Iran could easily be used as a reason for the US & israel to accelerate plans to attack Iran.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by StellarX

You only regard at it as propaganda because it doesnt suit the ignorance you are sprouting . The North Korean regime is built round the cult or cult personality of Kim Il-sung and your trying to say that the North Korean people haven't been brainwashed ?

The North Korean regime aims to keep people in for the same reason the Soviet Union did to prevent the flow of ideas . If North Korea has been so well off economical as you claim the country would have not ran into economic trouble when they did . If I recall correctly you are correct about North Korea enjoying a period of economic growth . Although I think that it would be fair to say that it was build on the credit or aid from China and the Soviet Union that North Korea only ever made token repayments of . Also maintaining the North Korean military would have created a sort of artificial economic growth much like happened in the Soviet Union .

Well Kim choose Juche as a way of dealing with Soviet and Chinese influence . Both China and Russia continued to give aid rather then risk forcing North Korea into one or the other arms . The US had nothing to do with the decision making process in question . I have no idea what your on about UN forces were kept on a leash during the Korean War . I have no problem with people who lack knowledge in a certain area but you are just spreading ignorance about the whole topic . I have issues with what some of the US governments actions in the last fifty years but I base my views on the facts .

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
You only regard at it as propaganda because it doesnt suit the ignorance you are sprouting . The North Korean regime is built round the cult or cult personality of Kim Il-sung and your trying to say that the North Korean people haven't been brainwashed ?

I am trying to say that people that know how to survive regimes by saying what they have to while they are forced to. If you can provide positive evidence that North Koreans society have been entirely brainwashed to believe that Kim is god you are obviously free to try do so here.

The North Korean regime aims to keep people in for the same reason the Soviet Union did to prevent the flow of ideas .

Actually both tried their hand at relatively open borders but basically this causes the criminals who stole all the resources to flee to places where they can keep their loot while it also allows the far better armed capitalist nations to infiltrate them and further destabilize them.

If North Korea has been so well off economical as you claim the country would have not ran into economic trouble when they did .

The facts are the facts ( like the CIA factbook and state department has much reason to give north Korea credit for economic prowess) and it has been a long time since North Korea's economic peak in the 70's. If you can't see how a nation can do well but slowly stagnate or decline over decades i may have to bring you the data that shows the same decline in purchasing power in the US and a few other countries.

If I recall correctly you are correct about North Korea enjoying a period of economic growth . Although I think that it would be fair to say that it was build on the credit or aid from China and the Soviet Union that North Korea only ever made token repayments of .

They enjoyed a few decades of it and it was mostly built on a educated citizenry and the industrial base of Korea ( most heavy industry were in the North) it inherited with the partition. I am not sure which of the Korea's received the most aid over that period but one should take into account that the South were laid waste by years of war and civil unrest resulting from the US occupying presence.

Also maintaining the North Korean military would have created a sort of artificial economic growth much like happened in the Soviet Union.

I have always found this argument kind of silly as the root cause of 'growth' is always production whether it be military or otherwise. What is normally most interesting is what central governments are willing to spend their printed money on; the US and USSR could both have enjoyed massive growth in civilian sectors if the resources they spent on their military where redirected to the people. Obviously the effects where less in the US ( plenty of 'goods' ) but perhaps compensated for by Russian drive to have their citizens educated to greater levels.

Well Kim choose Juche as a way of dealing with Soviet and Chinese influence . Both China and Russia continued to give aid rather then risk forcing North Korea into one or the other arms .

Aid which were in no way comparable to the generous helpings given to US allies in the same era. This was the time when the USSR and China were still quite outmatched by NATO forces and were keeping their resources for home defense. The USSR didn't sell high tech weaponry ( like F-14's to the Shah of Iran) very often and when it did it wasn't on credit as was the US habit.

The US had nothing to do with the decision making process in question . I have no idea what your on about UN forces were kept on a leash during the Korean War .

The US national security state had everything to do with North-Korea's decision to arm itself to the teeth having learnt from past experiences and with a occupation force just over the border. What about the US imperialist/interventionist strategy do you not understand? Why this fanciful belief in benign intervention for the good of mankind or even the US citizenry in general? Where is the proof for it?

I have no problem with people who lack knowledge in a certain area but you are just spreading ignorance about the whole topic .

Ditto.

I have issues with what some of the US governments actions in the last fifty years but I base my views on the facts .

I too have 'issues' but i suppose that is a moot point when you have managed to reduce the US national security state's genocide, political intervention, assassinations, election rigging, economic terrorism and worse to 'issues on large tracts of the world to mere issues. Have you ever looked the list of several dozens of interventions and if so which were in your mind 'justified' in terms of making the world a safer place for average Americans?

I haven't found one so far but plenty that increased the threat in both the short or long terms.

Stellar

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by StellarX

This article is worth a read . People just don't subscribe to cult for no good reason you know .
In the past North Korea has sent assassins(SP?) to South Korea , one thing they haven't done is shown any interest in an open border . If your trying to be a comedian your doing a good job because the Soviet Union occupied Poland , Blockaded Berlin and pillaged parts Germany in the after mouth of WW2 they brought about any instability themselves. Stop trying to present a straw man the speed at which the North Korean Economy went belly up indicates that it never had sound foundations in the first place . Sure other countries economy's go thou periods of slow or negative growth but that is something else entirely .

Educated citizenly is that some kind of bad joke ?
All those kinds of regimes use there education system to brain wash and corrupt there respective populations . Scientifically those same countries always lose out because either fraudulent Science is used to achieve the above or the existing set of beliefs holds Science and a people back .

Look in the former Soviet Union Steel workers use to put Steel thou the same Mill twice or more over just to meet there quota . So called production without any incentives or market place is useless . When restrict people freedoms and corrupt a country education system you are headed to end of the road . US forces have always been in South Korea with that government permission . North Korea got its then modern and any current military hardware from either China and what is today Russia . Pretty much a lot of the military hardware North Korea received was on credit and token payments were only ever made .

Your statement about North Korea arming to protect itself from the US is total and utter Garbage . The US had no interest in Korea until North Korea launched its invasion of the South . Since then all the acts of aggression along the border have been by North Korea . Beyond that I have no idea what your on about . Your next statement is such a gross generalization that it would nigh on impossible for me to answer without going off topic . BTW I'm a Kiwi not an American so you would have to ask an American about there views on such matters .

[edit on 7-2-2009 by xpert11]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join