It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sega Genesis Memories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I was beginning to feel nostalgic when I was remembering that game console.

Does anyone have fantastic memories of certain games they played? I have a fondness for Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

That shoot'em up game was spectacular.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Definitely Lolo. Much cutesier than the one you describe but "rad" nonetheless.

Wish I could play it on my DS. I gotta look into that... Thanks for reminding me; a little nostalgia goes a long way.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yeah, the years before we were blessed with PlayStation. Those had some awesome memories. ^_^

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I guess i can revive an old thread. My dad and i use to output and record us playing sonic the hedgehog. One game i will never ever forget is "Wonder Boy in Monster Land" wow that game was cool. i guess it was kind of like zelda, but i didnt know about zelda since i was a sega fanboy.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Phantasy Star IV and Battletoads FTW.

I also have fond memories of playing SEGA CD games that looked incredible... at least until the Saturn came out.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I loved my Genesis.

Just randomly thinking up names...

After Burner, Altered Beast, all the Sonic games, Columns, Ecco the Dolphin, ETERNAL CHAMPIONS (most underrated Genesis game), Golden Axe, Joe Montana!...

Ah memories...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
SEGA
the word i would hear everytime i played my favourite games. all the sonic games had so many playthroughs, still play them occasionaly on xbox. i got the sega collection and its full of memories.
streets of rage is still the best fighting game i've played and road rash the most fun racer.
a few other great ones are
cool spot,
tazmanian devil in escape from mars,
cosmic spacehead,
Earthworm jim ( i wish i still had this game),
fantastic dizzy,
james pond.

hmm i sense an emulator being downloaded soon.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
SEGA
the word i would hear everytime i played my favourite games. all the sonic games had so many playthroughs, still play them occasionaly on xbox. i got the sega collection and its full of memories.
streets of rage is still the best fighting game i've played and road rash the most fun racer.
a few other great ones are
cool spot,
tazmanian devil in escape from mars,
cosmic spacehead,
Earthworm jim ( i wish i still had this game),
fantastic dizzy,
james pond.

hmm i sense an emulator being downloaded soon.

Hi dude, you say you have Sega Collection on X-box, is that a disc or download?
I only ask becasue you can download Earthworm Jim for maybe 800 points.

ToeJam and Earl, one of the wierdest games I ever played even to this day.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hell yeah ive got those Sega Memories. A lot of those Sega memories have a lot of memories with years of family and friends tied to it as well.

I didn't have to give it up either, I said I never would. I have ALL the sega games "I" ever played ready to rock on my PC (sega genesis, the 32x sega, & sega saturn.) Same goes for Nintendo, but we aren't talking about that.
I do, however, have the Sega Collection on Xbox, but I never play it. That was something I bought before I fixed my PC.

Edit to add: To the one thats wondering, I have an actual disc for the Sega Collection on Xbox, the game should be fairy cheap to buy as its been out for some time. And yes, you can download the old games from the xbox marketplace.
edit on 17-10-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

disc.
i'll be downloading earthworm jim later.. thanks.
i forgot about toejam and earl. that game was awesome.. throwing jars at tourists.
i even had another toejam and earl game with the menacer gun.

funny thing to watch that has many sega characters is "sonic for hire" (caution adult themes)

new topics

top topics

join