It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Announces A Ceasefire On Gaza

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
What sets the U.S. and Canada, and for that matter Western Europe, apart from the rest, what makes us the first world and the rest the third world is our belief in Democracy, establishment of constitutional republics, and beliefs in the principles of equality and opportunity for all, the rights of man, freedom of speech, and separation of church and state. If you don't get this, than you are clueless.

What you said was...

The difference being that instead of spending all of our time praying to God, or nursing old wounds, we attend to business. The success of the U.S. comes from our ability to build things and develop new technologies. Therefore, we don't worry about any nations invading us. Our ability to be productive makes us the most powerful nation on the Earth.

You claimed our (USA) success came from technology and now you state that our success comes from our belief in Democracy. I believe you Poet are a liar. A big liar who can't keep track of his lies. You deny that the reliance on technology is actually the reliance on RESOURCES. When resources collapse so does technology.

As far as my last reply to you I talked about European man. Why would I need to expand on that for purposes of replying to you, are you dim witted or just creating some subterfuge? The Native Americans were massacred by the US who were armed with weapons that originated in Europe using gunpowder that originated from China. Guns to sticks are pretty fair terms for you but show exactly how resources are at the root.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Yeah, sure, and Israel is responsible for all of the terrorism around the globe being carried out by Muslims. I understand you are also selling bridges, and have a beauty in Manhattan for sale. Why is the leader of Hamas in Syria directing militants to draw Israeli fire towards schools?

That I didn't say! I said Hamas is Israel's little Gremlin as admitted by the PM. As far as other proxy groups I can only draw from history and suggest that the USA and GBR are generally at the root of any shenanigans around the globe.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpha_Magnum

Your problem is that you have absolutely no reading comprehension skills.

I said our Success comes from our technology, what Set us Apart from the third world is our belief in democracy.

When you resort to word play like this, you really come off as a petty fool.

Not all nations created through violence and aggression succeed, only a tiny portion, so that eliminates violence and aggression as the successful formula. Once again, the belief in democracy and the principles on which the U.S. was originally founded is what separates those who succeed from the majority that fail. It is the principles on which the U.S. was founded that produces the winning formula.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The PM didn't admit anything of the kind, you just took his words and warped them to your own meaning. This seems to modus operandi on these types of threads.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Your problem is that you have absolutely no reading comprehension skills.

Read the quote above and comprehend it! I think that quote suggests that you are "Big Headed" and are as I said, "Dim Witted!" Since we have debated all the way to this point over numerous threads and posts reading comprehension skills ave little to do with matters at hand. My assertion is that RESOURCES are the root of everything and your assertion is that excuses like religion, revenge or even technological abilities are at the heart of matters.

You have asserted that after the oil runs out people will flock to Israel. This again demonstrates how big your ego is along with your reliance on subterfuge. The industrial revolution relied on ever increasing amounts of ENERGY. This is an inescapable reality that you have not been able to grasp. If humanity can not continue to increase the amount of energy available to forge ahead then progress will stop.

Since the beginning leaders have realized that the easy way to ensure continual resource prosperity is to kill of competition and cut back on any non essential drains of those resources. Rationing & War get the job done!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

The PM didn't admit anything of the kind, you just took his words and warped them to your own meaning. This seems to modus operandi on these types of threads.

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and Opposition Leader Binyamin Netanyahu blamed each other on Monday for the rise of Hamas

"Netanyahu established Hamas, gave it life, freed Sheikh Yassin and gave him the opportunity to blossom," he said, adding that the current political situation in the Palestinian Authority came about "because of the nonsense that was done while Netanyahu was prime minister."

"The prime minister clearly hasn't learned anything," Netanyahu said. "This is the same prime minister who allowed Hamas to run in Jerusalem. It's the same prime minister who is not able to nip things in the bud before they get out of hand. He gets carried away due to his lack of leadership and that was proven by the way things got out of hand in the South and then the North and his scandalous handling of the war. It's a government of failure and blunder and it has to go as soon as possible."

"The whole world knows that in any future negotiations, if they are renewed, we will have to give up on the entire Golan Heights," Olmert said.

Admit it your Israeli pals made Hamas and now the new PM can't figure out how to work it out. LOL Now they point fingers at each other and do "The Blame Game" LOL

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Nice post, good to see you try to cut through the BS, and we all spread a little here and there.

You kind of get what I am saying, but not really.

Religion, and stoking the fires of revenge are only tools used by those who see the problems of the world more like you, as a matter of control of resources.

We are not suffering from a lack of resources in our current world, automobiles are piling up at U.S. ports as we speak because supply is outpacing demand, and that is why we live in a disposable society.

Technology is the solution that expands resources and creates tremendous power, and it requires an environment which promotes equal opportunity for all, and above all else, freedom. Freedom is not something that those who like power, who want to control the resources of the world like to see exist. Do you see the paradox?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

What you are quoting is two politicians taking pots shots are each other. Both are blaming the other for creating the problem that is Hamas, and not dealing with the problem that is Hamas effectively, not the actual creation of Hamas.

You are interpreting things the way you want them to be, as in opposed to what they are and that is your primary technique.

Oh yeah, and only the smart people in the Middle East will flock to Israel when the oil runs out.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

What you are quoting is two politicians taking pots shots are each other. Both are blaming the other for creating the problem that is Hamas, and not dealing with the problem that is Hamas effectively, not the actual creation of Hamas.

You are interpreting things the way you want them to be, as in opposed to what they are and that is your primary technique.

Oh yeah, and only the smart people in the Middle East will flock to Israel when the oil runs out.

"Netanyahu established Hamas, gave it life, freed Sheikh Yassin and gave him the opportunity to blossom," he said, adding that the current political situation in the Palestinian Authority came about "because of the nonsense that was done while Netanyahu was prime minister."

I did NOTHING but according to the Israeli PM, "Netanyahu established Hamas, gave it life, freed Sheikh Yassin and gave him the opportunity to blossom," he said, adding that the current political situation in the Palestinian Authority came about "because of the nonsense that was done while Netanyahu was prime minister." The PM blamed Netanyahu who he says established Hamas!

Maybe you should learn how to read Poet!

Let us not forget that it was Israel, which in fact created Hamas. According to Zeev Sternell, historian at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, "Israel thought that it was a smart ploy to push the Islamists against the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO)".

Professor Patrick Regan's Jan. 9 article is right on. Hamas is a creation of the State of Israel - the result of her expanding settlements on Palestinian lands, and her treatment of the Palestinian people as serfs.

In Ha'aretz today, Brad Burston, an Israeli journalist, offers ten ways that the Israeli right both helped create Hamas and keeps it going. None of this is particularly surprising to those of us who follow Middle East events closely but it will certainly upset those who believe that Israelis always prefer Palestinian moderates to Palestinian radicals. ~~ By M.J. Rosenberg - March 25, 2008

Given the level of control that the Israeli intelligence services such as the Shin Bet and Mossad have been able to exert over the Palestinian territories during the last 35 years of Israeli occupation, the capability to manipulate militant and violent organizations, such as those associated with Hamas, should not surprise anyone familiar with intelligence and even routine police operations. This should be obvious, considering that Israel has routinely recruited thousands of collaborators and provocateurs among the tens of thousands of Palestinians who have passed through Israeli prisons in over 35 years of its occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip. ~~ Dean Andromidas

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Hamas ties to the radical and extremist groups in Israel is all the more reason to get rid of Hamas, as I have been saying all along.

Did radicals within Israel help to create Hamas, sure, I can buy that. Does Israel control Hamas? Sorry, but no way, Hamas would be more of a Frankenstein monster than a loyal wing of extremist Israelis.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Just a point but what does Israel do when the rockets start laning again, its only going to be a question of time as with their latest slaughter all they have done is created 10'of k's of supporters for Hamas and all the other groups. Was that their real objective?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Geez Magnum... That isn't circular logic...

It's something entirely NEW...

VORTEX logic!

It must really be empowering... to basically be able to PROVE anything!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
Geez Magnum... That isn't circular logic...

It's something entirely NEW...

VORTEX logic!

It must really be empowering... to basically be able to PROVE anything!

Your post is off topic or constructed in such a way that it is impossible to comprehend what you are expressing. Consider revising it or I will just ignore it and you.

PAX

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
as a soldier in the IDF I can tell you this:

the operation in Gaza was NOT a senseless murder of innocents.

it was a emotionless job well done.

for the past 8 years Hammas has been firing rockets on civilians in the south of israel. that reality could not carry on the way it was. something had to be done.

the reason so many civilians got killed is because Hammas favors this method..
they hide in civilian homes and fire their rockets from there.

the Israeli Defense Force is known to be the most moral military in the world.

alot more then the american armed forces that is for sure.

Hammas brings death upon the palestinian people, and the public in Gaza knows this very well.

if someone is harboring terrorists, one cannot expect to live very long.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

>'Your post is off topic or constructed in such a way that it is impossible to comprehend what you are expressing. Consider revising it or I will just ignore it and you.'

Dude... If you CAN'T stand the heat... Get out of the kitchen!

Us honest observer types (read open minded folks) want to hear what EVERYONE has to say.

Please feel free to hit the ignore button...

When it becomes 'off topic' to point out the fallacy of the process of your arguments...

What will be the point of even having ATS?

I'm sure Mynaeris will scoot over for you... in that group that SIMPLY can not deal with it.

It is trully an honor for you to ignore me.

And thanks!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

so , as an IDF soldier , how does it feel to be a Birkenau guard now? since you are both on the same level.

`its the civilians fault we are killing them` is the excuse of a war crimial.

hope your goose step is well practised now

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join