It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Announces A Ceasefire On Gaza

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
The many thousand year war is not over yet? really... I have been neutral on the subject for a while but since there is so much anti-Jewish sentiment on these forums I've decided to show my side, not saying war crimes are great, I'm actually anti-war and would consider my personal views on war are close to John Lennon's, but at the same time defence is the only prevention of extinction for the Jews, anyone who has followed the history of the Jews will know that.

I don't think anybody here is anti-jew, they are objecting to Israel. As far as I understand being a Jew implies you follow a certain religion- Judaism, whilst being an Israeli implies being a citizen of Israel. So please don't try and be disingenious now. The Jewish faith is A-Okay with me, Israel on the other hand is a shameful nation who won't stop at anything including genocide. Regarding the terrible sufferings of the jewish faith - explain the walls of Jericho to me. Were the people of Jericho trying to wage war against the Jews?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

Be honest Mynaeris.

Your statements are totally anti-Jewish.

You are applying a set of rules to the goofy little nation you don't apply to any other parties in the embarassing to cognitive people conflict.

The people trying to destroy that little tiny nation are XENOPHOBES and won't tolerate any NON-MUSLIMS anywhere near them.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina

Be honest Mynaeris.

Your statements are totally anti-Jewish.

Nope, you stop trying to brand anybody who points out that Israel has committed human rights violations as being anti-semitic. It's a rather transparent and pathetic ploy.

It's better to keep quiet and let people think you might be a fool, then speak out and dispell all doubt. If you disagree with me , please prove to me that all Israelis are Jews, and that all Jews are Israelis? If you can't your statement about me is both defamatory and fallacious.

By the same token not all Palestinians are Muslim, in fact over 9% of Palestinians are Christians.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Ok, taking your statements at face value.

Quick questions... (out of curiousity)

Was your voice heard at the 'violations' that occurred when Hamas shot rockets into Israel?

When Hamas killed (public head shots, tossed off buildings, etc ) a bunch of Fatah dudes when they took over?

Got any posts to that effect in related threads at good ole ATS?

[edit on 17-1-2009 by golemina]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Yeah right. They are about to hit Iran while they have a lot of their personnel and artillery in the Gaza strip? That doesnt even makes sense. There will be no incident

I cant wait for the 21st and 22nd to come and go quietly so all these paranoid nutsa on here who have just been convinced that something will happen will realize just how crazy they sound.

Originally posted by MegaCurious
reply to post by JanusFIN

Well, it's not exactly over yet. If you take a look at the recent information on their so called cease fire, you'll see that it starts at 2am on a Sunday in that part of the world. It's not immediate.

Clearly, this is more of a setup for a pre-emptive attack on Iran rather than an actual cease fire, since they like to do their strikes on nuclear reactors on Sundays or holidays.

Hence, that "manufactured incident that should be coming along for Obama on the 21st or 22nd of January". You're not ready.

Are you saying that Biden and Powell are paranoid nutcases? We (meaning, the conspiracy theorists here in ATS) didn't come up with this willy nilly, Biden and Powell came out with it first. They're the ones that stated that something will happen BEFORE any of us here at ATS could make any speculations. Check your sources man.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina

Ok, taking your statements at face value.

Quick questions... (out of curiousity)

Was your voice heard at the 'violations' that occurred when Hamas shot rockets into Israel?

When Hamas killed (public head shots, tossed off buildings, etc ) a bunch of Fatah dudes when they took over?

Got any posts to that effect in related threads at good ole ATS?

[edit on 17-1-2009 by golemina]

I will have to only answer one of your questions. Read my posts and you will not find one pro-Hamas statement.

On the rest of your question - I tried working out what you were saying, but there seems to be a language problem.

If you are asking if I am just fighting against Israel, I stand on record as defending human rights in numerous countries including Turkey, Rwanda, South Africa, East Timor etc. and not just on good old ATS but at international organisations. Speaking of Human rights records Israel was one of the South African apartheid regime's biggest allies.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Dude, thanks for playing.

Truth is... it's just friendly conversation...

You don't HAVE to answer anything.

And I'll just take that as a 'no'.

It's not a recrimination... I really was just curious.

Me and Chance... we LIKE to watch.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I have been watching different view around Gaza Live cams...

There is no truce, none!

Helicopters are firing, we hear heavy Machine guns, some explosions too...

Truce is none at this moment, I keep on live streams, very rare link and reporting. But now I can see two Apaches firing, 1 Tank firing LIVE.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Al Jazeera is reporting that there is no ceasefire.

Ive only heard this on their mobile bulletin

www.youtube.com...

They say there is still shots being fired by Israelis

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Hamas is still master of Gaza - IDF didnt succeed. This op is a shame... Hamas wont stop here, how can they trust to their future before Israel is disarmed?

And that is just too bad, since Hamas is just a bunch of terrorist.

And here I had hoped that maybe the Palestinians, the people that were the innocents in these conflicts, would be in control. Nope, a bunch of scumbag terrorists and Israeli terrorist are fighting for their own goals. The Palestinian people are just stuck between them.

Hamas doesn't care about Palestine. Hamas cares about attacking Israel. The Palestinians are so battered they wouldn't be able to resist the Israeli taking of the Palestinian land long ago. The war for Palestine is effectively over, this is a war for killing the Jews.

Hamas fights their war to Kill the Jews, Israel fights their war to keep the land they took by force, and the Palestinians get bombed to hell...for a reason I can't really think of other than some really bad luck.

Screw Hamas and Israel.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by grimreaper797]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
And there was me thinking that a ceasefire might actually provoke some sort of similar ceasefire here on ATS.

I was labouring under the false hope that common sense, decency and rational argument might break out, but alas, my common sense was overruled by hope (perhaps much like your own).

Please take your vitriol elsewhere, preferably the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
The many thousand year war is not over yet? really... I have been neutral on the subject for a while but since there is so much anti-Jewish sentiment on these forums I've decided to show my side, not saying war crimes are great, I'm actually anti-war and would consider my personal views on war are close to John Lennon's, but at the same time defence is the only prevention of extinction for the Jews, anyone who has followed the history of the Jews will know that.

With Jews living in every nation of this world it would be extremely difficult to make them extinct. The only way I could see it happening is the destruction of the planet.

Israel isn't defending itself. They got slapped on their wrist and for that Israel brings death upon countless innocent civilians. This is becoming rather routine for Israel now.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They already have broken the cease fire.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They already have broken the cease fire.

What does it take for these people to learn

If they keep firing these rockets at Israel then there will be actions directed at them

Just how long does it take to learn!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Well how hard is it for people to understand that Israel was the one who ended the original ceasefire!? Or a well known fact Israel has been planning this for over a year! I mean how hard is it to see every time a UN school or building or shelter is attacked, and more than just protecting themselves attacked, they claim hamas gunmen where shooting from the location. Yeah, the places where the UN set up refuge from this mass murdering, and they allow hamas to hang with them and attack an army using some pretty heavy weapon tech. Thanks to US tax payers. Those homemade rockets by the way are a joke, but when you are caged in like an animal, little resources because you are surrounded by a people who are backed by powerful military governments for their unknown motives, WTF!! would you do? You would do anything for freedom, or I should call it terrorism. Like what we did to the brits.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

perhaps they should send over - Team America: World Police

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

what is amazing to many sensible and rational people is the attitude of a large section of the international community, especially the middle east and Africa, towards Israel's retaliatary attack on Hammas. Hammas launches unprovoked missile attacks killing hundreds of innocent civilians in Israel. Where were these critics when this happened? Why were they not also critical regarding these attacks? I am not trying to justify any of the main roll players actions, but just trying determine the logic of the the prevalent attitude. Did the UN get involve in the matter or for that matter take any positive steps to stop Hammas' missile attacks right from the onset of the attacks? Or did they as usual just turned a blind eye or remain non-committal. Am I, and many other people who share the same feeling, being unfair when we say that it is about time that the "fat cats" in the UN get off their back sides and take the necessary and urgent steps to diffuse situation of this nature before they can reach such epic proportions. The most tragic deaths of these decent civilians should be attributes

- The UN for disgraceful dereliction of their duties.
- Hammas for their unprovoked missile attacks launched from civilian and residential areas into heavily populated areas and killing innocent civilians
- The palestine goverment for failure to control and prevent Hammas from using Gaza city to launch the attacks.
- Israel for not exploring more options to diffuse the situation before launching a counter attack resulting in the tragic deaths of innocent civillians.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by golemina

Clearly the answer was yes, just because you pretend it was "no" doesn't make it so. Reread your "Propaganda 101" handbook - you still don't get the basics.

Why not debate the issues I raised? Hmmm maybe because you can't?

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hamas has now agreed to the ceasefire.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Wars of extreme ideologies (which both of the entities invilved in this conflict have) are neverending. We'll see the same cycle of war over and over again in this region.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

A ceasefire eh?, for the full 24 hours or will they cut it short.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join