It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massacre averted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Massacre averted

www.winnipegsun.com

Countless lives were saved and a colossal tragedy averted by Winnipeg police officers who foiled two teens' alleged plot to commit mass murder at Manitoba's largest university, two high schools and a church.

The suspects -- a boy and girl, both 17 -- allegedly had a stockpile of stolen rifles and planned to kill one person in particular and shoot others at random, said Const. Jacqueline Chaput, a police spokeswoman.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbc.ca
www.winnipegfreepress.com

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Winnipeg, MB is located in Canada.

Two 17 year old teens were arrested this past Thursday and Friday for planning a massacre. I'm not sure what the motive was but both of these teens apparently had some emotional problems as they've both recently attempted suicide. Their plan was to shoot as many random people as possible. According to the news articles they've been planning this since October.

There's a video of a press conference on the Winnipeg Free Press link with Const. Jacqueline Chaput.

It seems like this kind of stuff is happening too often these days. We live in a crazy world and this could happen anywhere. Luckily these teens were caught before they were able to carry out their plan.

www.winnipegsun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I note that these were stolen weapons they were going to use.

And it is exactly for this unknown factor, that I carry a weapon on me at all times.

I have no intention of letting anyone know that I carry, but if some jerk pulls one looking for trouble, I sure don't want them going away disappointed.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What sickens me most is that they are still considered youths, and so will get some poor laughable sentence for all of these charges.

Quite a grand event they had planned there. Maybe they needed something like this to spice up their relationship!

As for the sad story they're trying to attach to this boy, won't get sympathy from me. People have worse lives than that and don't go planning to kill innocent random people.

Boo on them both.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
People seems to have a misguided sense that the world owes them something and they should be treated a certain way. Unfortunately the world isn't all rainbows and it's still pretty much survival of the fittest, this is the best way the weak can get their glory? Yes they have probably been bullied and humiliated by certain people but it's just arrogance to believe they require death for their crimes against you.

There is only one person who can decide who lives and dies and that's me, so you should all hope I don't get my hands on that red button.

[edit]
"and it's still pretty much survival of the fittest" and to add in the case of college/uni the better looking...... like the hottie from transformers... yum yum

[edit on 17/1/2009 by spitefulgod]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm just glad they caught these two in time. I have lots of friends that attend the university that was on their target list. You never know what kind of wackos are out there. Almost makes you feel like buying a bulletproof vest.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

How in the hell do two 17-year-olds amass and hide a stockpile of weapons?

Think of how much effort it would take to steal them, and how much space it woudl take to store them (presumably) at home.

This sounds like one of those cases where the parents should also be examined as accomplices .

And in Canada, I am under the impression that it is much more difficult to get weapons ther ein the first place, correct?

[edit on 17-1-2009 by asmeone2]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The next move will be to take away guns from law abiding, so the only murderers will be on government payroll.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Almost every adolescent gets bullied at one time or another, but not everyone becomes an emotional train-wreck from it. There must have been an enormous amount of anger in these two to want to destroy innocent people over their own suffering, but that doesn't excuse the fact that it was an extemely grandiose and selfish ambition.

More people need to learn to control their emotions. It can be a matter of life and death.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

yes an inflated sense of self worth... probably from up bringing or media satuation.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Yeah.... Outlaw Guns! Everyone Knows That Criminals Will Follow the Law!

A GUN crime is carried out in Britain every 52 minutes, new figures showed yesterday. Cops dealt with 9,967 last year
(that's some pretty good gun crime number in a country with no guns)... LOL

Anyone who wants a gun can get one even in a country that is an Island and has no firearms laws on the books for it's civilians.

www.thesun.co.uk...

[edit on 17-1-2009 by infolurker]

[edit on 17-1-2009 by infolurker]

top topics

join