It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do i have prostate problems?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
lately it has been burning when i urinate. also i have to get up at least 5 times per night to go pee and then hardly anything comes out.. of course i have no insurance at the moment so i can't really get it checked on

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Symptoms

Not everyone with a urinary tract infection develops recognizable signs and symptoms, but most people have some.

In general, urinary tract infection signs and symptoms develop rapidly and can include:

* A strong, persistent urge to urinate
* A burning sensation when urinating
* Passing frequent, small amounts of urine
* Blood in the urine (hematuria) or cloudy, strong-smelling urine
* Bacteria in the urine (bacteriuria)

You more than likely have an urinary tract infection. If you can not go to the doctor drink a few beers or cranberry juice. Prostate cancer might be unlikely, but you never know. If the problem persists go to the doctor. I would rather been in debt to a doctor than dead. But more than likely it is an urinary tract infection not cancer. Hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thing fish
lately it has been burning when i urinate. also i have to get up at least 5 times per night to go pee and then hardly anything comes out.. of course i have no insurance at the moment so i can't really get it checked on

You might possibly have a medical issue... as long as there's no aliens or time travelers after you.

If you've got the aliens after you, then its just a psychic in your head making you think that there's something wrong with your... you know.

Otherwise, it might actually be a medical problem. I would wait and see if it gets worst or not.

I don't blame you, I declined medical coverage too.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
You're a bit young for prostate issues...

I'd agree with silverflame here and go with a UTI.

Please remember though, these are just suggestions and obviously by no means a replacement for an actual medical consult.

A blood test would be the best idea for this... although unfortunately prostate exams can be kinda unpleasant.

About not having insurance... I know here in NY there are clinics that will take care of patients... not sure where you live but I'd hope they have something similar where you are.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
As Silverflame says, you may not have a prostate issue but as the uniary tract passes through the prostate gland, if it is enlarged it can stem the flow of urine. It is possible that you have an infection and a enlarged prostate.
I don't want to be a scare monger but i had the same problems last year but they also found cancer. It is better safe than sorry my friend.

Try checking out the clinics as Djarums has suggested.

jon.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i went to the er and they did an ultrasound and took a little urine....turns out i have acute prostatitus...let me tell you i am miserable. i have not slept in 5 days cause i have to pee like every hour. i feel like i am in hell right now. all i want to do is sleep and i can't. awake literally all night

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I know exactly how you feel, not about the pain so much but the frequency of going to the loo. Last year i monitored myself for 24 hours and i went to the loo 35 times.
I am ok now so hang on in there, the antibiotics will kick in soon.

Fillow this link for a full explenation of your problem, although i suspect that you have done this allready.

www.netdoctor.co.uk...

all the best
jon

new topics

top topics

join