It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The kingdom of God is within you??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Well what I found most interesting about my mothers experience was she has been a Christian for over 30 yrs. and some of the things in her visions went against her beliefs. For example, while under the Sphinx, Michael told her....Ra was God....but yet this got polluted, as it always does by men.

So, in your personal opinion, do you think Ra is the truly the Supreme, or merely the Archon of this world?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Greek word is entos= "in the midst"

There is some debate over the translation you have posted.

It could be said that a believer is one with the Father and the Son and His citizenship is in Heaven, and the Kingdom of Heaven is a spiritual kingdom. Spiritually speaking then, the Kindom of Heaven is in within the believer through a Spiritual Oneness with Christ, because wherever Christ is, His Kingdom is also. This seems more like the keys to the Kingdom, which gives us enterance to the Kingdom of God when we shed our earthly bodies at death, or when we are transformed at the Rapture.

Mathew Henry's Concise Commentary states this:

The kingdom of God was among the Jews, or rather within some of them. It was a spiritual kingdom, set up in the heart by the power of Divine grace. Observe how it had been with sinners formerly, and in what state the judgments of God, which they had been warned of, found them. Here is shown what a dreadful surprise this destruction will be to the secure and sensual. Thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. When Christ came to destroy the Jewish nation by the Roman armies, that nation was found in such a state of false security as is here spoken of. In like manner, when Jesus Christ shall come to judge the world, sinners will be found altogether regardless; for in like manner the sinners of every age go on securely in their evil ways, and remember not their latter end. But wherever the wicked are, who are marked for eternal ruin, they shall be found by the judgments of God.

For more commentary, try doing a google search using:
commentary on Luke 17:21
There are lots of results. I would not go with only one or two, try to find several different commentaries.

The contention of some critics that the Saviour by these words taught that the kingdom of God is merely an inner, spiritual condition in the human heart, must very definitely be rejected. Such a condition may qualify for entrance into the kingdom, but it is not itself the kingdom ... It is not ... a state of mind ... nor a disposition of men. The kingdom of God is a fact of history, not psychology ... Jesus speaks everywhere of men entering the kingdom, not of the kingdom entering men!"

edit to add the last paragraph

[edit on 18-1-2009 by John Matrix]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
Ok, my first question is this... How does one go about meditating in the proper way? I have tried many times, but I find that I have a hard time clearing my mind of stupid insignificant thoughts.

Tell me if this topic helps you with your question concerning the way.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Thank you for the link!
I am going to go and read it now. I will be back with questions!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Jesus said His kingdom was not of this world. However it 'is within us' in the form of Spirit indwelt believers. Then, we're also told the church is not a single human but the entire body of Christians.

So the 'kingdom of God' is in the entire body of Spirit-filled believers.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

So the 'kingdom of God' is in the entire body of Spirit-filled believers.

Who were Jesus speaking to when he said that the kingdom was within them?

Be careful with words.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Who were Jesus speaking to when he said that the kingdom was within them?

Be careful with words.

Everyone, the point is to realize it.

John 14:20

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

What is your opinion as to who he was speaking to? I would assume he was speaking to everyone in general...is that wrong and why?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The pharisees. Do you think I answer questions without looking up the full context?

I was trying to give the short answer but you just had to argue.
Why would He tell that to the Pharisees? Because they were the ones 'awaiting the earthly kingdom.' They were expecting the Messiah to come as a conquerer to overthrow the Romans- not to die at the hands of the Romans with the humiliating death of crucifixion.

Another definition of the English use of the word 'within' is 'among.' Jesus was basically saying quit looking for the Messiah, He's among you. Then in the same context it immediately switches over to the apostles as the recipients. and the end times aspect. The 'kingdom' the pharisees were looking for was 'among' them but the 'kingdom' the apostles were looking for would be within them beginning at Pentecost.

Then once we cross reference Jesus' other sayings, it becomes clear the spiritual kingdom of God is within spirit-filled believers. Then we'll have the physical kingdom in the future. Jesus clarified for the apostles but like He mostly did with the Pharisees, He left them with cryptic remarks then left.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thank you for answering that question! I am learning a lot of different things here!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I agree with Ashley ..
(I did post then saw hers so I deleted mine) lol..

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

After all most of us have been taught that when we die we will go to heaven.

Which is why people should read the Bible for themselves. Also, read what Jesus said, which was different from what the church was teaching at that time as well.

Doesn't anybody understand that the "rulers of darkness of this world" are the anti-Christ and that they are in opposition to the God of truth.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siren
Doesn't anybody understand that the "rulers of darkness of this world" are the anti-Christ and that they are in opposition to the God of truth.

Yes, there are a bunch of us here that know this to be true. I'll add you to my friends list.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

I have read the Bible, the lost books of the Bible, the dead sea scrolls books, a lot of things... does that mean that I can't have questions or that I shouldn't want to better understand things.
In the gospel of Thomas it is stated that Jesus said " I am not in buildings of stone and wood, lift up a stone and you will find me, split a piece of wood and I am there".
I don't rely on a preacher to "tell me" what he thinks the answers are. I seek for myself and part of that seeking is why i am here asking for the help of others. I appreciate your contribution!

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Don't feel bad for not feeling 'spiritual' enough, just remember

Matthew 5:3
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

It's in you if Christ is in you. You can't see it, though the ancients were able to, you may barely feel it but that's because the world makes it hard for you to feel. Especially if you're just starting out. It's a daily battle too, every single day you have to repent (out with the old) and receive a renewing Holy Spirit. Then ritual becomes habit and it gets easier. Just have faith that it's there even though you don't feel like you're in la la land.

I think hollywood productions have clouded our thinking in how spiritual life is supposed to be. They usually show buddhists who are able to fly away on a heavenly plane, projecting themselves to another time and place which the eyes can see. It's not like that for me at all though I know I am living spiritually. All things I used to love I now hate and it's just as simple as that. The best in you comes out because you become more compassionate for others knowing the following

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

I don't disagree with the newagers that there is a method which they can see heaven or hell but without accepting Christ, they will find that they cannot remain. It is mentioned in Matthew 22, I suggest reading the whole parable but the following is the part where those that got there another way, will be thrown out.

Matthew 22:11And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:

12And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

13Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

Thank you for the words of encouragement!
They are appreciated!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

The pharisees. Do you think I answer questions without looking up the full context?

I was trying to give the short answer but you just had to argue.

Yep! I just had to argue!

Then once we cross reference Jesus' other sayings, it becomes clear the spiritual kingdom of God is within spirit-filled believers. Then we'll have the physical kingdom in the future. Jesus clarified for the apostles but like He mostly did with the Pharisees, He left them with cryptic remarks then left.

This is getting into theology. Preachers and scholars argue over what certain words and verses really mean.

Writings that were not included in the Bible such as Gospel of Thomas show Jesus' sayings in a more metaphysical or esoteric light. I would not trust scholars and preachers to interpret the Bible that have been edited beyond recognition.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Exactly! You can take 10 preachers and just one scripture and get 10 diiferent interpretations of said scripture, yet they will all tell you they were led by the spirit and given understanding!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Exactly! You can take 10 preachers and just one scripture and get 10 diiferent interpretations of said scripture, yet they will all tell you they were led by the spirit and given understanding!

Oh yes. That is why we have so many denominations.

When a Christian tries to explain his or her beliefs and show verses from the Bible (theology), he or she is merely repeating what the preachers and scholars have said. They may try to show you proof through verses, but that is what other preachers of different beliefs do. So which one is correct?

The truth is that Jesus said that the 'kingdom of God' is within ALL OF US, not just "believers". A few research in writings outside the Bible will show you that. Early Gnostic Christians believed that the kingdom was within all of us. Of course they were snuffed out.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Early Gnostic Christians believed that the kingdom was within all of us. Of course they were snuffed out.
Of course. I just got handed a bit of information from a friend to get put up on his blog. Seems that according to the histories that he has read, the primary purpose of the Crusades was to establish a base to launch an attack against the Pope's arch-rival, the Eastern Church that was headquartered in Baghdad.
Sound familiar? It should. Any heretical sect were mainly designated such based on their independence from Rome. If the Kingdom is inside us, Rome has to cut it or burn it out of us in order to maintain their own theological kingdom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join