It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The kingdom of God is within you??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Well what I found most interesting about my mothers experience was she has been a Christian for over 30 yrs. and some of the things in her visions went against her beliefs. For example, while under the Sphinx, Michael told her....Ra was God....but yet this got polluted, as it always does by men.

When my Christian mother said this, I about fell out of my chair. I had no problem with what she said personally....but it went against what she preached to me for many years. Also, this Christian believer walked away from these visions believing in reincarnation. really really wild!

Trying not to get too off topic, but I think the OP and others who have not seen her video would really find them interesting.

LV

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Leo I am currently watching one of the videos and your moher is speaking of the Cherubs knowing a truth that she doesn't want to reveal... That's interesting to me..... Of course, the truth is terrifying to some. So, it's understandable, I suppose.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Also, this Christian believer walked away from these visions believing in reincarnation. really really wild!

Well, from my studies and my understanding, the early Christians believed in reicarnation, So to me, that's not such a hard concept to believe.

P.S: I have subscribed to your channel.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

There were even times that she would look at me and say.....Lynette, there are some things I just cant tell you.

I think she went through levels, starting at a very earthly level, huts and foods...to deeper spiritual levels of experience. Her and I have different thoughts on what some things meant, but it was so real to us all. My mother, brother and I all talk here at ATS....forever seekers I guess.

LV

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I personally believe that yes the kingdom of heaven is within you ...spiritually speaking (as in your transforming in heart mind soul and spirit now through the Holy Spirit of God )
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

But there is also a place where all believers will be gathered ...with new bodies (there is also a transformation in body coming )
1Cr 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

1Cr 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

1Cr 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Cr 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality.

1Cr 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

1Cr 15:55 O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

1Cr 15:56 The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.

1Cr 15:57 But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Cr 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

...That place is called the New Jerusalem ..(which I believe is the actual heaven)
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
and it says the outside of the gates of the city will be for the dogs and the whoremongers etc etc trying to get in the gates ....the only light is in the city ..so maybe darkness is outside of the gates (Which I think could be hell )
Rev 22:14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15 For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers,
and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
Rev 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Sounds alot like what it says in Luke.............The Rich man is close enough to be able to see Lazarus .....and Abraham ...who will be in that city ..........
Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Luk 16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

Luk 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that [would come] from thence.

Remember he says he will make all things new ...New heavens New Earth
He is gonna start all over again ................
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I have read some interesting books on reincarnation, and I see no problem with believing in it. Its another one of the great mysteries!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I grew up being reincarnation could not be so.

When ancient text talk of being born into the fire (before the idea of a 'hell') I think the meaning of this was being born again (spirit into flesh). Mabey some come back on karmic dept from things and mabey some choose to come back, knowing this is only the right service, which is service to others....the ALL of the I AM.

Also, with reincarnation, I believe in regeneration. If there was to be a instant twickle of a change as Simply noon says....this is the immediate emanation from a former material that will once again become filled/fattened by Thee once again....recycling into anew. Some vibrations of souls will be a part of this regeneration and some will also, again, come back for the service of those others. I believe the story of Adam and Eve is explaining mankind and life being regenerated from a formal generation....and showing Thee Infinate emenator of life coming in and filling this new generation once again...through the paths of learning and discerning the nature of ourselves to know the nature of Thee.

I defiantly think Thee recycles

Its late, and I love to ramble when tired*smiles*

Just thoughts, always
LV

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Ramble on please...I am learning and it is very interesting to hear what others thoughts are on some of these things. I appreciate your input!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Well we do learn much from others, but always discern what feels pure to you. Many will tell you that you shouldnt follow intuition...you should follow a certain book or man. Each to their own, but seek why certain things resonate with you.

I think mankind is supposed to converse and share experiences, feelings ect...if we are all from a ONE (which is just my personal opinion that we are) then truly we are to come together and learn from each other, weighing and balancing.

Some may call me new agish...I believe in you can meditate on past lives of people, for example Jesus, and be the conciousness of what he lived, what he showed us, learn from his actions. He remained rightous, to the end. When you place yourself in the consciousness of offering your flesh life to show something to your other selves (my body is your body ect...) how can one not become stricken with the humble actions of this man. I think we can heal many bad vibrations by forgiving others, placing ourselves in others shoes (or sandles)....learn from the past....and evolve through the catalyst.

Something else I believe, that I know some do not....is that us waiting on God is not how Thee works. Thee is waiting on us...but again....only personal thoughts, not preaching or anything.

My concepts drift from the Bible somewhat....but all in all I find it a very special book. I like to learn from all religions to find the spirituality with in it. I like to learn how the light and dark is within many beliefs....showing this need for man to explain this polarity here on Earth.

I could go on and on...there are many here who have great views as well....Ive learned alot from many on ATS.

Live, Learn, Love
LV

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I have noticed that I do not have it in me to "hate" anyone. I may hate the things that were said or done to me, but I love my fellow man. The state of this world saddens me and I look to a higher power for answers. There are alot of things that escape my understanding, like the hatred that seems to be so prevelant these days.
That I think is the reason that I seek to understand this particular passage in Luke. How do we bring out the best that lies within each us?

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Greenize,
What happens on the Christian path is this:

You study the scripture, Jesus' teachings, writings of the desert fathers, monks, Mystical Christian Theologians (Origen & Eckhart are good ones)

Add to this prayer, meditation, and genuine change in yourself to follow and Love Jesus. What happens is that you slowly start changing in subtle ways at first. Then after lets say a year or so when you feel it deep inside that you are ready to get Baptized (or re-Baptized if you did when you were a wee lad) ....you go and do it.

After your water Baptizim ...you pray and Meditate for the Holy Spirit and then within time you undergo when of the most Profoundest changes of your life. The Spirit Indwells you, Ego Death commences, you die to all your old ways, to sin, to carnality, and you experience the beginning stages of Enlightenment.

New faculties appear within you, beyond logic and reason. You drop all fear of death. You realize God is your parents ...your earth parent were only physical vessels for you to be born here.

For meditation ....... Just try to get to no-thought. Try to notice the spaces between thoughts ...is were no thought is. At firs you'll only get there for 2-3 secs ...then slowly expand the time being there, After about a week you should get there. Indian style on a couch ...nice and comfortable. Just relax your whole body try to just numb yourself out in the stillness.

Another meditation technique as above is instead of trying to get to no Love ...Just work your heart into a frenzy of Love for God and grow it bigger and bigger as large as you can.

Another technique ....as used in Christian Eastern Orthodoxy is the Jesus Prayer. ALl day long repeat over and over, "Lord Jesus Christ, Have Mercy On Me" This works wonders. Stills your mind ...gets you beyond the ego into a peaceful place. Stops the constant thoughts and chattering monkey that is the mind.

You should read this Awesome book ...called The Way of he Pilgrim. It's all about the Jesus Prayer prayer. I wont say anymore I dont want to spoil it. One of the best books I've read.

Also ....as mentioned above by other poster's.... yes Heaven is in levels and hell is there too. If these are created by the occupants then so be it ....those place look and feel as real as everything that is here on earth.

Of course all can be an illusion ...many teach there is only God ....but thats a HUGE discussion for another day

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Is the Kingdom of God within you?

Well, yes it is, and there are many routes to finding it. Some of these can be through belonging to a religion, and others through not belonging to one.

Rather than me try and persuade you, or discuss what is or isn’t in the Bible, Koran and other religious works, I can direct you to a source of information in English with an American accent, and as up-to-date as 2008.

If you would like to, have a listen to Lee Caroll channelling Kryon, and make up your own mind. The link below takes you to a 45 minute free audio file download, recorded in Sedona, Arizona on Saturday 14th June 2008, and entitled: The Way to God. This explains the matter succinctly and without any religious bias or overtones.

I found the God that is within some 34 years ago, and still have no religion.

Kryon is a very high spiritual source, and I have never before heard the subject of the God within us explained so well, and so simply. Don’t be put off by the female in the fist few minutes of the session, as she prepares the audience for the message; Kryon soon appears.

www.kryon.com...

I hope it brings some enlightenment for you.

[edit on 18/1/2009 by Tallsorts]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Here: Concentration and Meditation .

Its probably one of the best books on the subject I've ever read.
And... personally I would recommend it to anyone.

Just don't try too much to quickly.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I believe that the following verses indicate that heaven is a place not a state of mind...

Jesus said in John 14:2:

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

and in John 18:36:

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

So I would conclude that the Kingdom of God is different from the Kingdom of Heaven, but I will need to research to see what the differences are.

Thanks for the post. I always like posts that encourage me to learn new things.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Absence of Self

Thank you all for the links. I have some reading to do it seems! Another question, is this going to be scary? That may sound crazy to some of you, but I can tell you at one point a few years ago I was studying and praying and just out of the blue I heard my name called just as if my husband had called me only it wasn't him! I freaked out and got under the covers. LOL
I know that sounds ridiculous, but I am telling the truth. It scared me!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
reply to post by Absence of Self

Thank you all for the links. I have some reading to do it seems! Another question, is this going to be scary? That may sound crazy to some of you, but I can tell you at one point a few years ago I was studying and praying and just out of the blue I heard my name called just as if my husband had called me only it wasn't him! I freaked out and got under the covers. LOL
I know that sounds ridiculous, but I am telling the truth. It scared me!

I dont think its crazy ....one day I was in standing at my stove cooking dinner ..normal day ...I was not thinking about anything ..just cooking ..and all of a sudden I heard ...Linda ...would you die for me ...I just cried ...I heard it again ...I started crying even harder ...I was scared of what he may be asking of me ...(that I could be left during the trib and be one who will be beheaded for the Lord ) .........I said ..Lord you know I would ..if that was what you asked of me ..yes I would ...but I would prefer to not be left during that horrible time ..and I could let you down ...I dont want to let him down ....I cried so hard at the thought of that ..I almost fell to my knees ..

I get scared too ..the spirit is willing but my flesh is weak .....even though I truly know that I can trust the Lord to give me strength if I do have to endure more stuff (than what I have already been through) ...I believe I have went through all that I have because it did make me very strong inside ...and he may have allowed it all to happen to me just so I would be able to make it through something like that ...............

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Thank you! To be honest I was afraid to post that. People that have never experienced something like that are quick to slap a crazy label on you, so again thanks for sharing your experience!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
John Lennon said it quite well in "I am the Walrus"

I am the Walrus
Writer, lead vocal: John Lennon

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

"Rather, the Kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living Father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty"

"It is I who am the light which is above them all. It is I who am the All. From Me did the All come forth, and unto Me did the All extend. Split a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find Me there."

"There is neither Jew nor Greek [i.e. Gentile], there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The first peace, which is the most important, is that which comes within the souls of people when they realize their relationship, their oneness with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize that at the center of the universe dwells the Great Spirit, and that this center is really everywhere, it is within each of us."

Black Elk - Oglala Sioux

The void is no mere emptiness, but is real, free and existing. It is the source from which all things arise and return. It cannot be seen, touched or known, yet it exists and is freely used. It has no shape, size, colour or form, and yet all that we see, hear, feel and touch is "it". It is beyond intellectual knowing and cannot be grasped by the ordinary mind. When we suddenly awake to the realization that there is no barrier, and has never been seen, one realizes that one is all things, mountains, rivers, grasses, trees, sun, moon, stars, universe are all oneself. There is no longer a division or barrier between myself and others, no longer any feeling of alienation or fear. Realizing this, results in true compassion. Other people and things are not seen as apart from oneself, on the contrary, as one's own body.

Bruce Lee

[edit on 18-1-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Bluntly?

Yes.

It is scary.
It can be very scary indeed.

Thats why I said don't try too much to quickly.

Very few people know their own minds and a lot cannot accept what they find there.

But its also astonishing.

Remember that you are the one in charge of you own thoughts.
Acknowledge that its up to you to change what you don't like.
Approach it honestly, mind yourself and you'll be fine.

Absence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join