It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we live in a Simulated Reality?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Manawydan

It started feeling real a while ago, I admit...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Counterfeit Reality?

Imagine someone trying to produce a real 3-dimensional coin with drawings of coins on 2-dimensional paper. No matter how many coins are drawn, accumulated and stacked up on each other, the true coin will never be achieved in this way.

I sometimes entertain the perspective that this reality is counterfeit, a cheap imitation or game-field that tries to copy "higher dimensional realities". And indeed, many things we have produced on this plane of existence mimic not only what mystics, sages and shamans report but some stuff I've also seen while meditating myself into those higher realms. Some Examples:

Internet / Akashic Records: According to the ancients of Tibet, all-that-is, ever-was and ever-will be is recorded in the "Akashic Chronicles" to which a spirit/soul has access too anytime. A spirit "tunes in" to the information it wants to retrieve and can retrieve it. Other religious and spiritual traditions have similar concepts, such as "The Book of Life" mentioned in the Bible. The Internet would seem to be a physical-plane imitation of this.

Telephone / Telepathy. The telephone seems to replace our lost ability to telepathically communicate with any soul anytime, anywhere. The ability is so lost that we only experience hints of it ocassionally...such as sensing who is calling when the phone rings. Our reliance on the phone is the only means of long-distance communication does nothing to help our recollection of this spirit-skill.

Television / Reality Immersion. According to various mystical sources the soul, on the soul plane, has the ability to focus on and thereby tune into various reality-scapes, games, planets and scenarios. This ability is, on earth, replaced by Television it would seem.

I could go on like this forever, but these examples should be enough to make a point.

An indicator that we may be living in a counterfeit reality is the underlying current within most of us that says Is this really all there is?

Think about it: What actually IS on this planet of ours? As far as I can tell its a bunch of buildings, cars, trees, mountains, animals, people and the interactions and events between those people. Thats ALL that can be seen with the naked eye.

And if you have to spend around a hundred years here, thats not too much stuff to play with, imo. Which is why personally, I prefer placing emphasis on exploring the unseen, that which is behind the obvious appearance. My life has become richer for it.

What do you think?

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I will say this..

We are asking questions we do not need to.. well at least thinking we are special or there is more to US than life

you see a Tree does not ask WHY but humans do.. that is the problem everybody is looking for them self some kinda answer

only snag is YOU WONT FIND IT .. no matter how much you try

Here is the answer .. stop asking know yourself and lets fix our planet.. and lets have a ball exploring our universe

The universe is a reflection of your mind.. i suggest we stop questioning it and get on with Expanding it

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
i suggest we stop questioning it and get on with Expanding it

Playfulness is preferable to worry. But the ocassional game-break and questioning of the game is not a bad thing.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Sky,

You and I are in 100% agreement with each other.

I believe that this reality is just a shadow of the higher realms, but how can we prove it to others and/ or ourselves?

My answer: Awareness has to be found on an individual basis or maybe as a group in meditation. Group meditation without the dogmas of religion have proven to be very effective.

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Counterfeit Reality?

Imagine someone trying to produce a real 3-dimensional coin with drawings of coins on 2-dimensional paper. No matter how many coins are drawn, accumulated and stacked up on each other, the true coin will never be achieved in this way.

I sometimes entertain the perspective that this reality is counterfeit, a cheap imitation or game-field that tries to copy "higher dimensional realities". And indeed, many things we have produced on this plane of existence mimic not only what mystics, sages and shamans report but some stuff I've also seen while meditating myself into those higher realms. Some Examples:

What do you think?

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What we believe to be reality is only the result of a process taking place.

The format of this processing system is geometric.
In other words what you experience is interactive geometry or art.

What this little Universe appears to be and what it actually is are two different things.

What produces it and the result (what you experience), are Not the same.

All is based on strict rules or laws, involving stored Concepts, similar to the processing systems, that most are aware of today, but rather than using binary in the form of hexadecimal, geometric structures are used in stead.

Geometry or Shape, is the language of both the "Outer Mind" (singular) and the "Inner Mind" (a Partition of the Outer Mind; Plural) and these three are in its base language code.

a. Shape.

b. Colour. (Not referring to the sight through the eyes but instead
the sight of the Mind)

c. Position.

Geometry involves two parts. (That is in human understanding)

a. the Form.

b. The Math, in the case of human interpretation.

The Programs tell us what we experience, and only requires a processing system, to produce the condition, and another part of that program, to experience what has been produced, by that processing system.

The Mind has two ends to it (Conceptually), the producer, and the other that experiences what has been produced, through Laws or rules involving Concepts..

This being the case, requires no space or material, as it is all based on the processing of Concepts, that can be observed by multiple partitions of the Mind Singular, without a requirement of dimension, other than the Concept of Dimension.

There are Geometric processing formats and processing systems that can process much, much faster than your usual binary based systems at present.

It is only a matter of programming....

We already base our programming on Concepts of the mind, even now.

But it has to be realised, this program that produces your experience and the universe that you experience, is far, far, more advanced than that conceived by human nature...

[edit on 31-10-2009 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You know what would be scary?
We are characters in a universe mega video game played by aliens.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DemonicAngelZero
This just reminds me of Star Ocean: Till the end of time. An entire universe that's just a simulation. At the end of the game, the main characters succeed in turning the simulation off. Because the people had faith in their own existence, believed that they were more than 1's and 0's, they continued to exist outside of the simulation.

That game really did spark some interesting thoughts. (Also... neon genesis evangelion and Big O aided in the thought process)

How would you know if the universe is real? We exist within the boundaries of the universe, so then, are we equally as real as the universe we inhabit? Or are we separately more real or less real? Wondering about the universe will inevitably result in wondering about your own personal existence.

What defines a persons existence? What is the proof that you exist? The only existence you can even remotely be semi-sure of is your own, because you are limited to the confines of your own mind. The fragment of you that exists in the minds of others, or rather their perception of you, is only a distorted reflection based in their interpretations. But how can you be sure that "others" aren't a delusion, a simulation, or a dream? How can you be sure that all your memories aren't manufactured and false?

Naturally, you can't really be particularly sure of much. I don't know if the universe is a simulation, a hologram, just as we see it, or something else. But I'd like to think that I, myself, am more than 1's and 0's

This is a great thread Skyfloating

I've come to the conclusion we live in a virtual reality.

It wasnt from watching movies such as the Matrix but to keep up with what others here say about the Matrix I recently watched it.

This post in particular sparked my interest as I recently had a trippy dream where my child was screaming at me 'I dont want to be a number'- the dream was long and convulated and I only really remember my child screaming at me.

A old friend who is schizophrenic told me years ago it all comes down to the number 1- at the time I didnt give it much thought but when I see him next I will ask him to elaborate.

Like others here have said this place is a godsend (not that I believe in god as such but ykwim) if we try and talk to our RL friends about all this kind of stuff they look at us in a different light- I've always been told I think too much but I'd much rather think too much than not at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

If this is real or it isn't real, it is something. Be it an illusion, a dream, reality, a game, or whatever, it is something. And even if I found out that I'm just a blip of information inside some cosmic computer, I'd say, "How is that any different from the situation I found myself in before?"

Exactly. Regardless THIS is your, my reality.

Thank you, you know how to say what I think. I am too impatient to put thoughts into words. I am grateful that you can.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join