It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we live in a Simulated Reality?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

"But I don´t think its any less insignifigant."

I couldn't agree more. Well said. In fact, for me, it makes the meaning even MORE significant. Much more fun in its potential.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

indeed but I think I said that wrong, ah well.
.. I think it sould read ¨any less signifigant¨ or just plain insignifigant. Not having a good day with spelling and grammar though I never cared much for it. It´s interesting that I make an effort though as I think some people too easily judge the ¨value¨of an opinion by the skill in putting into language. Just because you can´t explain something doesn´t mean you don´t understand it in your mind. We confuse our thoughts as being of a language. Often when we think, we think in words but it kind of makes the process more limited.

Am I rambling? I just wanted to comment on the grammar error and I didn´t want anyone to get any wrong ideas. haha

Thanks, for sure man.. its all a fun beautiful game. In that respect you think we shouldn´t take things too seriously, but at the same time its a good reason why we should be respectful.. we shouldn´t just not care, rather we shouldn´t take it to heart when things don´t always go the desired way either.

We´re all struggling here as long as we think we need to struggle to find answers. I think the clear answers come when we stop thinking that it needs to be struggled for.

It´s a game to me but still an important one!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
15 pages of great opinions and ideas, so far.

Let's look at the initial conditions of the premise, is this a 'Simulated Reality'?

Have I seen anyone, yet, ask a more pertinent question...IF it is a 'Simulated Reality', then WHO is running the 'Simulation'???

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I would say no as we cant calculate it all.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by leomurray

leo....I must contradict, and disagree with you.

Given enough computer power, and even just using digital technology, (i.e., 0 and 1 --- or, 'off'/'on') just about anything is possible. It's just a matter of speed, which is what we see every 1 and 1/2 years in computer technology, as speed and technology continue to outstrip the latest....

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
If life is a game, just my opinion, I think it would be far more exciting. The truth is if this is a "game" it isn't a very good one. It certainly isn't one I'd like to play if there was something better out there. Perhaps there isn't for those behind the controller?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

THAT does seem to be the POINT of this thread...

But, I agree....when it comes to known video games, none is beter than the series of 'Myst'. Wow! What a fabulous environment, and brain-tease THOSE games provide!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Well, some games can get very intense, and this is One of them (creation).

Plus, you get accumulative points! And, if you win to the end, beat it (so to speak), you can become immortal in the 3rd State of Attention (or Being), and get to become a Programmer!

What could be more fun than that? So, play the game, learn strategy (The Middle Path), and maybe you can think up something more fun when (if) you begin to do programming.

And you're right, this Game sucks. Especially the being eaten Alive part (the serpent consuming it's own tale reveals this: nor is it allegory).

Sshhh...you're interrupting me ...gotta play. ZZzz--BHAP!
Rats! Murphy's here!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Does anyone recognise this???

This is a Format that is used when Importing things into this Universe...

And another showing a mixture of a few more formats used in writing to the Virtual Reality we call this Universe....

These are also used in a travel Gate or as some call it a Star Gate....

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

I have some understanding that this Universe is built on Geometric principles, but beyond that my mind does not grasp...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Humankind looks into/out to, what they believe is the Universe and dream about it, but does anyone even know where their Universe actually is, in The All???

And what this Experience is really for ????

Does anyone know where they have come from ????

If you had Not come from Somewhere, Then you would Not be here Now!!!

I am Not referring to the Flesh but instead the Real you, (The Consciousness or Awareness) who is observing this experience of simulation !!!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Maybe this has been mentioned already --- if so, my apologies.

I'd like to try to wrap my mind around (pun intended) the concepts that string theory, and "membrane", or 'brane' theory seem to lead to as many as eleven dimensions....seven more than our familiar three that we can easily perceive.

These other dimensions are likely incredibly small - or maybe not, perhaps WE ARE the small ones. It is all relative, in any case.

This extra number of dimensions neatly explains the odd fact that gravity is weak, as compared to the other three major 'forces'. This is explained by the possiblity that gravity that we see has been 'filtered' and therefore diminshed in some way.

Of course, fortunately for us, the strong nuclear forces act as they do, and gravity is relatively weak -- else we wouldn't exist at all.

Or, would we??? IF we were in a simulation, how would we know? Either the construct would have to be incredibly precise, and detailed, or the smart 'naked apes' would detect the deception.

In any case, what is the ultimate point? WHY would any intelligence create this incredibly complex deception? AND, what kind of beings could accomplish this feat???

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

IF we were in a simulation, how would we know?

Well the Flesh, does Not even know that Consciousness exists, but Consciousness is aware of the flesh and of its Self....

The Human brain or any other brain is only a Decoder/Encoder between The Mind (Awareness or Consciousness and the Condition (Human) it is experiencing...

Either the construct would have to be incredibly precise, and detailed, or the smart 'naked apes' would detect the deception.

It is..... The best....

In any case, what is the ultimate point? WHY would any intelligence create this incredibly complex deception?

There is a very good reason, but this will take a very Long letter to explain
it....
Understand it in its true context, requires a a lot of hard work and an open mind, but in saying that, any conscious state has access to this knowledge...

AND, what kind of beings could accomplish this feat???

Why does it need to be a being or beings, to produce this Holographic program ???

It is not an entity, that many would expect but consists of Pure Awareness,
that has its roots in "Nothing/Something", Something which is "Nothing", but Awareness on its own is not sufficient to Create any condition so Intelligence is also required or am organised decision making system that may be either Automatic or Non Automatic....

But to understand this you require Understanding of the True Nature of The Component "Nothing"...

Its like seeing Nothing in a box, or a room or a street etc....

A void according to English Dictionaries Contains Nothing !

Contains ????

Yes I know this sounds absurd to humankind but perhaps to others or Some....

Well Perhaps then again ????

But you will find that Geometry is the base Construct and \Not Mathematics although it is possible to express the system by mathematics if you so desire.

There is only two Geometric building blocks that this universe is built on..

1/. Straight.

2/. Curved.

3/. or a combination of these Two... ie a Triangle or Square etc..

See if you can see any other Shapes, that are Not made from Straight or Curved Lines edges etc., either Abstract, Conceptual, or so called Physical ???

Remembering Matter is mainly Nothing.... Empty Space or Void, if you go by atomic theory...

But perhaps all is only based on Concepts of Conscious Processing using strict rules (Physics to Humankind)......

[edit on 28-1-2009 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I would like pose a question to you. Is there any point in trying to find out WHERE we are or WHAT? Or is the point to try to learn how to BE here in the fullest sense of the word?

How did you come to hold this knowledge that you claim? And can you explain the geometrical shapes some more? Is it the lines or the space between them that is of importance?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1

I would like pose a question to you. Is there any point in trying to find out WHERE we are or WHAT? Or is the point to try to learn how to BE here in the fullest sense of the word?

How did you come to hold this knowledge that you claim? And can you explain the geometrical shapes some more? Is it the lines or the space between them that is of importance?

Your first two questions:-

I believe by discovering these answers we find the foundation that allows us to overcome our difficulties in this environment.... In every subject past present and future,,,

Your third question:- This will take a long script to answer this one by will will do so for you...

Your 4th and 5th questions:

Both are Important.

The Program and control of anything is hidden in the Line work as a code like DNA controls things in cellular activity...

In saying this DNA is a chemical program as being part of our experience but there is a program that is geometric in its format that controls DNA...

If we take any shape in the environment whether on earth or in the Universe it has an Inner and Outer component

The outer (Micro Line Work) is where the Information is stored such as the shape of a Hole and its behaviour and the programs fore the Contents of that hole.

The Holograph of the Universe, is actually made of holes and programs of what is in each hole including the behaviour of these holes.

But as for our Conscious state it is Not in the Holograph we see, but to understand this requires a long explanation which is far to long as a post.

I do intend to open a thread regarding all this, but it as you will appreciate is no easy task.

The project that I am involved with, demands many hours of my time each day, leaving little time to write here, but by stimulating others with these concepts, is also very important, as this may lead to many others exploring this area of enquiry and discover other phenomena...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Thanks for the answer - I look forward to read your long answer to question three.

my initial thought on the shapes was as below:

Looks like the key to form a 3D grid by matching corners/symbols. Like a 3D puzzle. Dunno If that make sence. But no I have never seen these before that I know of. Still they seem familiar. Lock and key ws my first thought.

Very intriguing!

[edit on 30/1/2009 by IAmD1]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
If life is a game, just my opinion, I think it would be far more exciting. The truth is if this is a "game" it isn't a very good one. It certainly isn't one I'd like to play if there was something better out there. Perhaps there isn't for those behind the controller?

Maybe the game only gets dull and stale after years of thinking its not a game and cannot be influenced to some extent.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
In any case, what is the ultimate point? WHY would any intelligence create this incredibly complex deception? AND, what kind of beings could accomplish this feat???

To play.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
very interesting thread.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
whos to say this simulated reality doesnt exist in a fractal network of simulated realities, whos to say that outside of "the matrix" is not just another matrix and so on. thats the only flaw i can find in this idea. what defines the source existence as true and not simulated like this, i think real is whatever we want to label as real.. for us as individuals on a subjective level at least

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join