It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's inaugeration cost soars to over $150 million!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Bald Champion

maybe the price reflects the quantity of people
that will be in attendance?

Yes, you are right!

We all know that snobby rich elitists demand the very finest in quality even in the face of the worst economic situation since the great depression...one we may not recover from.

But hey, at least the snobby rich elitists that caused the economic collapse will be living high and mighty off my goddamned back again while I sit here unemployed with unemployment rising like a rocket and almost zero prospects for work in 2009.

I hope the bastards choke on their champaign and caviar!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Extravagance to the max.History shows what happens to people when they trod upon the backs of the common people."Let them eat cake" That was said about the starving poor.It's a shame she lost her head over it.
There will be repercussions from this.I can hardly wait to hear the total cost of the refurbishment of the Whitehouse.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Good work, RedHatty! You've put yet another biased liberal in their place with your mad research skillz.

One thing to add about the difference between the 2005 and 2009 inaugural celebrations - in 2005 the country wasn't in the economical dire straits that it is now. For example:

* Fortune 500 companies hadn't filed for bankruptcy
* the jobless rate wasn't near double digits
* the strength of the dollar wasn't constantly chipped away by mutliple interest rate cuts
* you didn't read every day about yet another mega-company laying off 10,000+ employees
* you didn't entertain the idea of DEMOCRATS passing legislation to LOWER taxes
* the big three auto makers weren't on the edge of bankruptcy
* there was no such thing as a bill to give away $825 billion to banks with no strings attached
* California wasn't looking to pay its state income tax refunds with IOUs to taxpayers
* Individual states weren't going bankrupt
* There was no need for a "stimulus package"

And of course there's a lot more. But the differences are clear. In today's economy the government gave the big three a very hard time about lending them bailout money, criticizing them on being wasteful because the economic times are so bad. So what's the difference between the Big 3 being wasteful and the government doing it - the cost? $150 million is still a hell of a lot of money!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

Oh no, the fun is just beginning. Obama and his followers are just going to have to buck up and prepare to be blasted. He has been talking crap for two years now, selling himself with out having to set in the hot seat. Oh and its going to get hot.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Oh yes! Camelot revisited.

Oh man I can just see and hear the driveling over his wife and kids like the JFK crap. They will certainly do a Jacky type tour of the new house, all fixed up.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Oh Jeez! 150 million! Can you say Trillion(s)? that's Trrrilllyunsszzz!

Let's all party! Its later than you think! Don't like the guy? Then have a Wake.

Max out the cards(Oh they are already?) find some money somehow... ask
Uncle Sam.

Every time I turn around, I hear of some one else's tax cut, bailout,
handout, stimulus check, ticket to the ball...

There are hungry people? What? They have no bread! let them eat cake!
Never heard of Marie Antoinette and the French Revolution? Ah well its too
late to educate America. It seems, if you know history, your are still doomed to repeat it.

Lets Pretend the Inauguration Means Something!

Get with it, this is a Kleptocrazy!!! Get your hands out of your own
pockets and into someone else's!

Pawn the furniture, the car title... keep the guitar, though and party on!
Don't think about the morning after, the hangover...the bills.

It's not real money, its just a card game. Somebody else stole all the face
cards and we're going to dump the table over when they get played. They made the rules,
shuffled the deck, and stuck cards up their sleeves.

... so spend, spend, spend! maybe the game will float along a little longer before it gets ugly. Then we get to play the next game... forget the cards/greenbacks, we can play with guns!...

Oh I almost forgot, we're humans, we are the next big losers...

So stop worrying about a measly $150 million

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by UMayBRite!
Oh Jeez! 150 million! Can you say Trillion(s)? that's Trrrilllyunsszzz!

So stop worrying about a measly $150 million

I can give you the number of a shelter that takes care of children of homeless people during the day while the homeless are out working or doing whatever else it is they do. That shelter survives on donations and some government money. I'm sure it and others like it around the country would love to worry about a "measly" $150 million being in their coffers, moron.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
in this current economic crisis of course its stupid.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join