It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel bombs Hamas before cease-fire vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Israel bombs Hamas before cease-fire vote

www.msnbc.msn.com

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Israel bombarded dozens of Hamas targets Saturday hours before a government vote on an Egyptian brokered cease-fire, prompting Egypt to demand an immediate halt to a three-week-old Gaza offensive.

The proposal calls for a unilateral Israeli cease-fire in its initial stage, but Hamas has sent mixed signals on whether it would reciprocate.

Hamas' exiled leadership vowed to continue the fight against Israel. But after weeks of heavy losses, leaders inside Gaza have s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Unbelievable!

Right before a chance of peace they attack.

This is clearly evidence that Israel is not at all interested in peace and have any respect for human life whatseover.

Pro-israeli ats members and their posts seem more and more pathetic everyday it's truly saddening.

Gaza = People
Israel = Govt.

It's govt. vs. the people of another nation inside a puppet govt.

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!

This is NOT about Hamas, I've seen so many Hamas threads but so many little Gaza PEOPLE threads.

Something is wrong with this!

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

So Hamas can launch today (mostly during few humanitarian hours Israel does not attack ) 21 rockets. After they discussed with Egyptians about cease fire.
There are two sides fighting each other - Israel and Hamas.
And yet - it is not about Hamas?

[edit on 17-1-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
As far as I know, both Israel and rebel fighters are firing at one another right now (though, let's be honest, cluster bombs aren't exactly comparable to Hamas rockets...). It's been said before, but it bears repeating--neither side is occupying a particularly angelic role. Anyway, your title reminded me of Jon Stewart's commentary on the Daily Show. I believe it was the 6 January episode; you can find the video on his website. This is how that went:

Stewart asks why, since Hamas' rocket launching is not in any way new or more severe, Israel is just now deciding to launch this major attack. Why now?

(video plays, FOX News correspondent speaking): "Obama is still an unknown entity to them, and they knew that they had unrelenting support from the Bush administration."

Stewart: "I get it! Israel's not sure that the new administration is going to offer them carte blanche in the bombing department, so they're gettin' it in now before the January 20th 'Hope and Change' deadline. Time's running out, it's like a civilian carnage Toyota-thon. You know, I'm sure a lot of countries don't know how their relationship will change with the United States. It's probably a good time for them to check things off their '$%*@ it' list. Saudi Arabia--they could cease oil production completely, see how the world likes that. And who knows how Obama will feel about North Korea's nuclear arsenal? Can they afford not to launch them? I know personally I'll be starting that baby-fighting ring I'm guessing Obama is against."

Well, I thought it was humorous. I'm aware it's going to piss off many of you. That's all right.

top topics

join