It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fresh evidence of Israeli phosphorus use in Gaza emerges

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Fresh evidence of Israeli phosphorus use in Gaza emerges

www.guardian.co.uk

Fresh evidence of the firing of white phosphorus weapons by Israeli forces in Gaza has emerged from witnesses heard by the Guardian and first hand accounts by human rights groups of their use against civilians.

Graphic descriptions of attacks by Israeli forces near the Gaza town of Khan Younis are contained in footage shot by Fida Qishta for the International Solidarity Movement and obtained by the Guardian
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
White phosphorus weapons are mainly used for smoke screens out in the open field of battle. Hardly the scenario in Gaza where thousands of trapped civilians fall victim to the horrific affects of these bombs. It seems that the IDF would rather burn people out of their homes as seen in the following video...www.youtube.com...

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-1-2009 by L.HAMILTON]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It's been fairly obvious for days that they've been using it.

Here's a couple of pics someone posted in the Gaza Livecam thread:
(Click for full size)

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's obscene. I think the image above gives the lie to the idea that WP is used to conceal troops on the field of battle. This is indiscriminate targeting of civilians. I see no apologists for Israel have turned up yet to argue the point, unless the edited post above was one.

There's no justification for this.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The question is, was it used for attacking or smoke screening. A careful investigation should be done as using WP to attack is repulsive. It is inhumane on so many levels that we don't even need to get into it. If it is used as a smoke screen so be it, though I am sure there are better ways to go about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
The question is, was it used for attacking or smoke screening. A careful investigation should be done as using WP to attack is repulsive. It is inhumane on so many levels that we don't even need to get into it. If it is used as a smoke screen so be it, though I am sure there are better ways to go about it.

The Israeli army will obviously say that it was used as a smokescreen or for purposes of illumination.
But to use it over densely populated areas is deeply immoral & should be forbidden. (It may be already. I'm not too knowledgeable about the legislation.)

My personal belief is that it is being used to spread terror & demoralize the population, and also to start fires & destroy property as was seen with the UN installation.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

I can't say for certain as I am not there to investigate it. I think we should have the incidences investigated before we come to conclusions. Too little is KNOWN, a great deal is speculation.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Israel better be careful!

Even all the countries that supported it's offensive in Gaza might just start condemning Israel for actions like this.

If they are actually using WP on civilians, what are they thinking?

They've already got the superior military power and the support from a majority of the countries that dictate and dominate world politics, why do they want to jeopardize that support by using something like this!

This just goes to show how arrogant they are actually becoming in thinking that their allies will keep supporting them no matter what they do.

(The sad part is, their allies will probably stand by Israel no matter what it does!)

I just hope "their allies" let them know that they don't condone this and let them know that if things like this keep happening they will start distancing themselves from Israel, leaving them to "lay in the bed they made".

But, Israel will probably not feel any repercussions at all for this though, ...

White Phosphorus (WP) - Global Security.org

Israel used White Phosphorus against HAMAS targets in Gaza during Operation Cast Lead in January 2009. This violated no international laws or conventions.

[edit on 1/17/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The second picture that Chadwickus
posted is showing Israel commiting a war crime against humanity

directly targetting civilians using WP is a total breach of the CCWC protocol 3

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

Question is...why would IDF need a smokescreen in and around civilians?

I dont see any rocket carrying Hamas members in those photos.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I don't get all the commotion .. If you are in a war situation where the enemy's doesn't have to up hold to international war laws , why do you have to ..
Just like in Afghanistan that could have been done cheaper and with more ease .. but International VN motions and law like the geneve law is doing more damage to the free world then it is doing to protect innocent people.. because terrorist don't have to obey these laws they are entering civ. populations and fire weapons from schools and mosques which is forbidden for US , Israel or any other NATO country .
Bin Laden and its allies are hidding in caves and mountain areas .. I say napalm away and smoke them out of hidding and burn them to hell and beyond but we can't because of these stupid rules.. Usa did it in vietnam they used those tactics we need in afghanistan but because they didn't work in vietnam doesn't mean they won't work in the mountain area's in afghanistan. even so we know terrorist are hidding in the mountains in Afghanistan and pakistan we know there are no city's and villages there ownly caves ect with terrorist so do please use nervegas bunker busters into caves and explode them when inside caves and then release nerve agents.. Bin Laden death and all other terrorist also .. but that isn't allowed because rules which terrorist won't have to obey.

but I know I don't want innocent people hurt so thankfully these rules are still working but in surten surcomstances we might have to bend them and gaza , afghanistan, Iran , libanon are all those areas we might have to even though we are reluctant to it.

but the coming years will bring much dispear and gaza will be one small incedent compared what is to come .. and that is civil war in Europe , war with iran and mushroom clouds in the sky over many middle east targets beginning with a nuke on Israel by Iran.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Haven't we had several posts on this before?

Israel is using White Phosphorous. So?

It's just another weapon, and before someone argues its chemical warfare, let me remind you that High Explosive is also chemical warfare.

At the end of the day, it matters not whether you got killed with a bullet, a grenade, an artillery shell of either White Phosphorous, High Explosive, inert darts, throat cut with a knife, head smashed with a cinder block, or any other method of fighting that has been used sometime in the past.

Dead is dead.

Napalm, White Phosphorous, High Explosive, Fuel/Air, Thermobaric, shrapnel, asphyxiation, or just a building falling on you.

It's all the same. Weapons designed for one task.

If you don't have them, you don't pick fights with those that do.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The IDF should be using a lot more than WP. Hamas should be wiped from the earth for all time.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
The IDF should be using a lot more than WP. Hamas should be wiped from the earth for all time.

Sounds like you have some Hatred in you my friend, I would be guessing your either Jewish or one of those brain washed "Them Killer Ayrab Muslims are coming to get us" types.

I say both deserve to be wiped from the planet....IDF and Hamas, imagine how Israel would negotiate without its Fully US Backed Military at its disposal ?

[edit on 17-1-2009 by mazzroth]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ok, so far we've had a poster who won't look at the photos which clearly show WP used indiscriminately against civilians, a couple of people who are just fine with genocide, and someone who thinks it doesn't matter what kills you.

WP doesn't just kill. If it gets on you, it burns your flesh all the way to the bone, producing a distinctive garlic smell. Tiny amounts won't be fatal, they'll just be agonizing and crippling.

But obviously plenty of people here are ok with that.

Anyone else want to parade their inhumanity?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The IDF is also using a weapon refered to as DIME. That's Dense Inert Metal Explosive , designed for low" collateral damage " which rips its victims to shreds with highly carcinogenic shrapnel. So if the injury doesn't kill you , cancer will..........www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Israel has been planning this attack for a long time, they have warned them in advance to stop shooting missles and year after year they never stopped, nobody in the world took Israel seriously pretty much for the past few years and this was the result, now all of a sudden people see Israel and are taking them seriously, wonder why, maybe because they are, oh my, defending themself? what a crime...

I don't claim to be an expert on the subject, but seeing the narrow window of news splashing across the screen without stepping back and seeing it from at least a 10 year perspective if not a 3000 year perspective you really will be forced to have a manipulated murky view on what's really going on, I'm not a newscaster and I'd just leave you to research if you actually are interested in the neverending conflict, it's not a 'iraq war' type scenario, it's been going on for thousands of years, both sides can be blamed for a lot but I wouldn't be so quick to point fingers at who's right & who's wrong.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

rich23, you don't have to lecture me on what white phosphorous does. I used it myself in combat. I used to carry two WP grenades at all times. Loved the stuff. Loved its capacity. Loved the results.

I cleared 88 underground bunkers, including an underground field hospital and mess facilities, one at a time using both propane and white phosphorous.

With a shot of propane, it would seep and spread all throughout the floor of the bunker. Toss in a WP to ensure good ignition, and what isn't charred, is asphyxiated.

What the Israelis is using is plain old WP. It just burns.

In your expert opinion, is it more humane to use HE (high explosive) WP (white phosphorous), Napalm (jellied, thickended fuel) single burst warheads, cluster bombs, or thermobaric explosives in either grenades, 40mm grenades, or bombs?

I just don't see much difference, although some have a greater terror factor than others. And what's wrong with scaring the $#!T out of your enemies?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Right here and now, I am not so worried about whether they use single burst or cluster bombs or napalm, but WHERE they use it. Yes I have heard so much about Gazans launching bombs from empty shcools, churches and warehouses, and that might be because Isreal has cornered them into those places by blowing up all their other covered launching spots. Isreal has a lot more power than Hamas and has destroyed a hell of a lot in Gaza and has left Hamas high and dry in desperation, and has blown out all their tunnels which were for FOOD and MEDICINE as well as weapons. As I watched the news, it looked to me like all of iseral's white phosphorus bombs were being detonated right into the urban and business metros of Gaza. Like millions of others around the world, I detest the way Isreal is dealing with Hamas. We need not help Isreal in this operation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join