It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's "secular" founders, proof of the complete LIE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Many people are surprised to learn that the United States Capitol regularly served as a church building; a practice that began even before Congress officially moved into the building and lasted until well after the Civil War. Below is a brief history of the Capitol's use as a church, and some of the prominent individuals who attended services there.

The cornerstone of the Capitol was laid by President George Washington in 1793., but it was not until the end of 1800 that Congress actually moved into the building. According to the congressional records for late November of 1800, Congress spent the first few weeks organizing the Capitol rooms, committees, locations, etc. Then, on December 4, 1800, Congress approved the use of the Capitol building as a church building. 1

www.wallbuilders.com...

All too often threads and TV secular "news" people put forth the lie that america was founded by "secular" men and religion had little impact. This is as ususal a complete and utter LIE.

The founders were so secular that the capital building was used as a church up to the end of the civil war.....

Can you imagine if GW and Cheney had attended such church services in the capital over the last 8 years?

It will take some years for the vile secular types to rewrite ALL of history to take God out of america's founding.......

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is a bit laughable. Just because there were religious individuals around then and involved with the choices of use for a building does not imply that all of our founding individuals were religious, were of any specific faith, even.

It has been shown that many of the founding individuals were deists. And some were Christian. What they agreed on was a moral sense (driven by love, not religion) that protected the Individual.

It had nothing directly connected to any religion. This is why we see "Creator" and not "God" - as "God" suggests dogma, while "Creator" leaves the interpretation of any dogma one might attach to the Individual Itself.

And just because religious activity was allowed in a civic building does not follow that the tenets of that religion define the views of the planners, architects and builders.

I mean... I have seen a wide array of religious ceremonies take place in civic structures. This does not mean to me that the society that supports the building is built upon the principles and dogma of the religious group using the facility.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It only takes one look at the monuments around Washington, D.C. to realize that it may be far from secular, but it sure ain't Christian.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Eleleth]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

1Ti 1:8-11 And we know that the Law is good, if anyone uses it lawfully, knowing this, that Law is not laid down for a righteous one, but for lawless and undisciplined ones, for ungodly and sinful ones, for unholy and profane ones, for slayers of fathers and slayers of mothers, for murderers, for fornicators, for homosexuals, for slave-traders, for liars, for perjurers, and if any other thing opposes sound doctrine, according to the gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I was entrusted.

Well....... hmmmm....... now I know the powder wigged southern plantation owning slave masters who founded this country were both slave-traders and liars.... they kinda' lied to the Native Americans over and over again...... they also waged kinda' a homicidal genocidal war against those pesky NA's..... so they also were murderers....... now I know both George and Thomas were rapin' the slaves...... so they must have been fornicators of some sort...... I dunno OP...... you sure you want to argue the "righteousness" of the US of A's "Founding Fathers"????

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KOGDOG
[Well....... hmmmm....... now I know the powder wigged southern plantation owning slave masters who founded this country were both slave-traders and liars.... they kinda' lied to the Native Americans over and over again...... they also waged kinda' a homicidal genocidal war against those pesky NA's..... so they also were murderers....... now I know both George and Thomas were rapin' the slaves...... so they must have been fornicators of some sort...... I dunno OP...... you sure you want to argue the "righteousness" of the US of A's "Founding Fathers"????

Typical revisionist history being taught by the vile secular morons. It's not your fault, you have been brainwashed by demons. Today they are called public school teachers and college professors....still demons just the same.

Your lack of understanding of truth is why america will be in civil war by 2010...........

The founders are still "righteous" men, their work twisted by the vileness of "liberalisim".

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." - Thomas Jefferson

"When the clergy addressed General Washington on his departure from the government, it was observed in their consultation, that he had never, on any occasion, said a word to the public which showed a belief in the Christian religion, and they thought they should so pen their address, as to force him at length to declare publicly whether he was a Christian or not. They did so. However, the old fox was too cunning for them. He answered every article of their address particularly except that, which he passed over without notice....he never did say a word of it in any of his public papers...Governor Morris has often told me that General Washington believed no more of that (Christian) system than he himself did. - Thomas Jefferson

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible...Some books on Deism fell into my hands...It happened that they wrought an effect on me quite contrary to what was intended by them; for the arguments of the deists, which were quoted to be refuted, appeared much stronger than the refutations; in short I soon became a thorough deist." - Benjamin Franklin

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches." - Benjamin Franklin

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise, every expanded prospect." - James Madison

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

"Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we called it the word of a demon than the Word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind." - Thomas Paine

"I almost shudder at the thought of alluding to the most fatal example of the abuses of grief which the history of mankind has preserved—the Cross. Consider what calamities that engine of grief has produced!" - John Adams

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; - Treaty of Tripoli (1797)

Now... What were you saying about a church?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
This is a bit laughable. Just because there were religious individuals around then and involved with the choices of use for a building does not imply that all of our founding individuals were religious, were of any specific faith, even.

It has been shown that many of the founding individuals were deists.

Your last line is WRONG...no two ways about it...52 of 55 signers of the Dec of Inde. went to Orthodox (traditional, normal) Churches....your last line is popular though....please do some broader research....I've got two threads with approx 400 quotes from those guys....most were Christians, some were Diest...although I find it very difficult to find 1st Deist Church of Plymouth/etc....in history...

His point really isn't laughable bro...please listen to Patrick Henry... "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ.For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here." -- Patrick Henry

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

TP Well-researched quotes you have here...but....they don't nulify the truth of the OP....this isn't an either/or matter, fair?

OT

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eleleth
It only takes one look at the monuments around Washington, D.C. to realize that it may be far from secular, but it sure ain't Christian.

Your thought-process is confusing...could you elaborate? If it's not secular....and it's the late 1700' hundreds, it's in the Northeast....what? Are the later sayings on the bldgs in DC, recognizing their effort zoroasterian?

[edit on 17-1-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
Your thought-process is confusing...could you elaborate? If it's not secular....and it's the late 1700' hundreds, it's in the Northeast....what? Are the later sayings on the bldgs in DC, recognizing their effort zoroasterian?

Well, they seem to be influenced by Greco-Roman Paganism. And the Washington Monument is certainly not the phallus of Jesus.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

Better...both sentences are true there!

OT

Laus Deo!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

There are several quotes from the founding fathers which shows that the government is not meant to take sides where religion is concerned.
In what way is that not related?
Yes, the majority of Americans were Christians, but how does that change the intent of the founding fathers?

This says it all in my opinion:
Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; - Treaty of Tripoli (1797)

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox
reply to post by OldThinker

There are several quotes from the founding fathers which shows that the government is not meant to take sides where religion is concerned.
In what way is that not related?
Yes, the majority of Americans were Christians, but how does that change the intent of the founding fathers?

This says it all in my opinion:

Really easy...cause I can show you 10 quotes to your one from the founding fathers...supporting Christianity...again it's not either / or...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
Your last line is WRONG...no two ways about it...52 of 55 signers of the Dec of Inde. went to Orthodox (traditional, normal) Churches....your last line is popular though....please do some broader research....I've got two threads with approx 400 quotes from those guys....most were Christians, some were Diest...although I find it very difficult to find 1st Deist Church of Plymouth/etc....in history...

Fair enough... I wonder how many went to church because that was what one did... Just a thought.

His point really isn't laughable bro...please listen to Patrick Henry... "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ.For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here." -- Patrick Henry

If you were to ask me what Henry was trying to say here, my interpretation is that the DOGMA of religion is not the founding aspects for this country, but the ETHICS which JC (and many others) taught were indeed the basis used.

In other words, "Christian" in his use does not seem to be weighted down with dogma; "Christians" was a concept that was driven by ethics, and that "Christ" is any who follow these ethics.

And using the terms this way, I can say for sure that I know many religious individuals who are very anti-Christlike, while I have met many an atheist, or agnostic, or even Wiccan (other dogmas as well), that would be "Christian."

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Nice response there...

OT

So true!

new topics

top topics

join