It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Thief Who Stole Pages from History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The Thief Who Stole Pages from History

news.bbc.co.uk

He was described by the British Library as "eminently characteristic of our group of readers".

But despite his outward appearance, Hakimzadeh was a thief who mutilated the very precious texts he professed an admiration for.

The alarm was first raised by another reader in the library, who saw that one text had a page cut out of it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
iranianstudies.ca
www.iranian.com

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Farhad Hakimzadeh is a very wealthy, educated man that has just been sentenced to two years prison for stealing pages from very old books. His interest is the activities of Western travelers in Ancient Persia and Iran. He's CEO of the Iran Heritage Foundation and a published author of academic texts. He has a house in Knightsbridge where property can be in the millions.

He refused to explain his actions to anybody and goes to jail in silence. I find the story intriguing. What specific pages did he remove? What information did he seek to possess? Did he want to hide such information from others? A lot of questions.

Can anyone on ATS offer a suggestion?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Great find!

I wonder if he was digging for ancient cultures and lost treasure? What could be gleaned from destroying ancient documents? Protecting something maybe?

Who knows...hopefully he will talk about it.

I enjoy stories like this. This is a true mystery that doesn't involve grainy video or taking sides regarding religious beliefs. More stuff like this please!

Regards,

[edit on 17-1-2009 by vonvitt]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I hope restitution to the library will be part of his sentence. It seems to me he got off awfully light. They should have made him spill the beans for his light sentence though.

new topics

top topics

join