It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researcher: North Korea has `weaponized' plutonium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
We all know of teh relationship between the N. Koreans and the USA, it is little more than a "Tolerated Co-Existence" for the N. Koreans for we have set standards they have yet to meet, and the are still demanding from Japan of an agreement for 200K gals. of oil to be delivered to them , but it was only under condition of nuclear disarmament conditions.
Now they have more than enough "Weapons Grade Plutonium" to make an adequate nuclear bomb and I am sure the N. Koreans wouldn't be afraid of using their new found power to balance the prospected agreements in their favor.
With Obama coming into to office, the N. Koreans are hoping for the US support for their nuclear capabilities as a "Deterrent" for their country.
Guess we are getting another nuclear power to the list of "High threat" considerations.

BEIJING – North Korea has hardened its stance on disarmament, saying it has "weaponized" plutonium into warheads, but hopes for better ties with U.S. President-elect Barack Obama, a U.S. researcher who visited the North said Saturday.

news.yahoo.com...

Once again, one of those stories you want to keep track of for the better awareness of what the world has possibly come to , though nuclear power and the fact we are possessor's of nuclear arms ourselves here in the US, N. Korea stands are much more different for the global community, and would , I think, be a considerable "Nuclear Threat" to any country that crosses them wrongly, for instance , "The agreement with Japan." The N. Koreans haven't met the stipulations of receiving this oil, but yet are demanding it????

"Eye's and Ear's wide open for these events!!" IMHO....

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hello Allred!

this is most disturbing indeed! I suppose their million mad standing army was not enough to further their cycle of threats in order to receive foreign aid, they have long been known to secretly harbor a nuclear weapons program ignoring the request by many countries to discontinue. I would hope that they keep with the "threats only" and not attempt to use any such weapons, it would be catastrophic for them. I'll keep my eye on this one keep us posted as well, best wishes.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

There has been a lot of talk of the "N. Koreans being able to create such graded weapons" in the past here on the ATS forums, some went as far as calling the N. Koreans a "Bluff" tactic, now we know for sure.
Here is a link to some of the previous stories and articles provided, most are like I said before , on the "Speculative" side of this being true, it is amazing how little we really take seriously for the out comes at hand.
Noe the one's that were naysayers are eating the proverbial hat, I knew NK would get the bomb sooner or later, but never thought of this scenario being a blatant "Bluff, Hoax or false credibility."

Threads of the past:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are dozens more , just go to the ATS search and type N.Korean Nuclear bomb , and it will take you to all the archives, but this is a scary scenario alyosha, a lot of American haters as of right now, especially after the Israeli and Gaza war, Bush should of done something, but, it seems there is "DEFINATELY" a new kid on the nuclear war theatre now.

[edit on 093131p://5474 by Allred5923]

new topics

join