It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man charged with threatening Obama on website

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Soyna I never said he wasn't nuts.I said he hasn't committed a "real"crime.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yes the same guy that was stalking the owner (former owner) of Godlikeproductions. This is why Trinity said he wanted to sell the site, and after a few days or so, he said no, I think I will tough it out.

I think he may have actually sold it for 250K to someone who can watch all the nut jobs in one place and take appropriate action like in this case.

I only have circumstantial proof, but it seems some subjects that are "too touchy" are getting buried over at GLP...and for a site much more liberal than ATS, this seems strange, like someone else owns it now.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
Actually, it is websites such as ATS that breed this type of mentality and being honest, if someone lived and breathed this site day and night, I genuinely believe they will develop mental instability. If you deny this truth, just take note of some of the Thread Topics and things addressed within them.

I couldn't disagree more... Look at the rational and cogent discussion within this very thread... Conspiracy websites don't cause irrational or in the case of this particular individual, criminal discussion, they provide an alternative venue. I think most of us have friends who have been exposed to our penchant for conspiracy or alternative topics, yet have failed to "catch it." like some infectious disease.

Mental instability from spending time on ATS? I am inclined to argue quite the opposite... ATS is the "red pill" that will free your mind and provide the intellectual Smörgåsbord that the inquisitive mind craves... An endless offering that comes at that princely sum of... Free...

Brain Buffet Monkeys, not just for all you can think anymore...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
Actually, it is websites such as ATS that breed this type of mentality and being honest, if someone lived and breathed this site day and night, I genuinely believe they will develop mental instability.

I will agree with Mirthful on this one. I think those who are not a little suspicious of the world these days are the ones that are possibly a little out of touch. Out of touch with reality, or possibly live such a sheltered life are uninformed.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
As has already been mentioned, it is against the law to even threaten the President. Makes no difference if you're serious. Makes no difference if you've ever touched a weapon.
Even if we didn't vote for him, even if we don't agree with him, the bible commands us to pray for our earthly leaders. I know there are a lot of people on this board who don't believe in God. Then just ignore this post. But I figure that all our leaders are going to need all the help they can get. If saying a prayer for them will get them a little divine intervention, maybe give them something most of us feel they lack(wisdom)then I'm all for it.
I fear for the life of the President. There are a lot of nuts out there these days. I would hate for our country, and his family to have to go through another 1963. Let's pray we don't have too.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
He probably gets paid by the federal mafia to act like that, not a bad job and he gets to go in hiding for awhile after a high profile arrest.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by wx4caster

don't forget, everything any of us have ever said on this site is nicely filed away on our profile page in neat chronological order. If anyone wanted to produce a character profile of us - its all right there.

makes you think you should think before you say anything

It's probably a good thing the guy got arrested, it seems maybe he has some psychological issues going on that really had nothing to do with what he was saying. I'm glad he didn't hurt himself or anyone else for no good reason. If he were a rational logical person with a healthy state of mind, he would never have communicated such threats or intentions, he would have played them close to the vest and wrote them on a paer he could dissolve in acid and whatnot, not, put them in a computer where they can be retrieved even if the software erased them and the registry logs for them. No, he was crying out for help or just seeking attention. He had no intention of acting on it or he wouldn't have been so stupid as to say something. It's like people who say I'm going to kill myself. No they won't. If ignored and depressed long enough or cornered into making good on their claim, they might. Otherwise- no they won't. If they are serious about such things, they'll just do it. And only a fool conspire's statistically, people are turned in by those closest to them, usually out of concern or vengeance and the like, but, rarely does some supercop miles away ever figure them out without being tipped of. The voluntary spy network and all that.

As to us being linked with him, sure, as fellow theorist conspirators we're all suspect as being fellow conspirators, but, they'll systematically eliminate us until they resolve the matter. That' s how investigations go. Of course he could have been a plant to justify DHS's and the DoD's increased war on internet control.

There is only a right to free speech when we enforce that right. For instance, I feel that, at times a Revolution against Government and an organized reform of it's laws are way overdue. Sometimes I feel like the leaders who start wars should kill each other off and save us the trouble of dying for them. I certainly understand why people want to kill these people and sometimes their reasons make really good sense. I advocate violence where and when violence is due. I firmly believe that all redress of grievance should be attempted. If there is a single avenue, take it, no matter how unlikely to resolve your conflict. The world doesn't always go one's way nor should it, but, if it is only because your way is bullied into submission, then, bully back.
These morons who want to overthrow their government rarely, if ever say what it should be replaced by. They want to destroy a System which, flawed, can still be fixed. And, even if it can't, they don't have a detailed plan to replace it. A plan which details all the aspects of Business a Government has to address. And without that, they are just pouring diesel fuel on a bonfire trying to put the bonfire out. Water has a soothing affect and reformation should, too.
The Declaration of Independance gives me the Authority to alter, modify, or abolish that form of government (in whole or in part) which fails to secure my life, liberty, and to allow for my pursuit of happiness. It is illogical to believe that I alone have that choice. It must be a majority of the population of the oppressed who must determine that oppression is too much, and we can bear alot of oppression. It is naive to believe that you cannot discuss your government and whether or not life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are being oppressed if you can't openly discuss the matter with your fellow Citizen's. The Citizen's won't always agree, but, that's the point. Diversity. And if the diverse majority of Citizen's conclude that they are oppressed, then, it is further illogical to think they may not draw up and, as a majority, decide the resultant government they want to form. Present the plan for that government to the existing Government, and if reasonably refused enough, draw up, implement, and act on the plan of attack to remove the oppressive government. That is why we have freedom of speech. Not so we can say what we want no matter who it pisses off, that's just a consequence. The early colonial printer's like Thomas Paine and his Common Sense, were illegal. When they won the war, the first Ammendment they added to their new Supreme Law was the freedom of the people to openly discuss their government and legitimate actions they planned to take to keep it running and in line.
To back this up they made it UNABRIDGABLE LAW to keep the Citizen's as armed as their Government, thus the Second Ammendment.
So to think you can't discuss inciting violence is nonsense. To do so without the proper frame of context, as a remedial recourse of action to further the ends of the oppressed is where people go wrong.
People like this guy who threaten to kill the President are wrong, because, for one, it requires the majority consent of the oppressed to make that choice. It does not fall to some lone gunman or group to determine the interests of the many, much less an action which will wreak havoc on a System the majority have neither determined has oppressed them to the point of such an action being necessary, nor has assented to such a recourse as the option to deal with such an oppression should they deem there even is oppression going on.
They act for the better good of all, when the all have not even decided themselves that such things are for their better good.
While I understand their desire to say, kill the President, I can not approve the logic that the taking of human life is the appropriate method of address, and, I condemn their failure to seek a humane and peaceful course of redress.
But, to think people can't openly discuss such things is ridiculous and points to unjustified fear and is childishly naive.
These are my thoughts on the matter and you don't see me afraid to discuss them. Because, I don't advocate blind violence only majority sanctioned violence. And there's no way to know if there is even a need for a revolution, much less, whether it is a campaign the majority is even willing to undertake, unless, people can and do discuss such realities and options.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by PhyberDragon]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
As has already been mentioned, it is against the law to even threaten the President. Makes no difference if you're serious. Makes no difference if you've ever touched a weapon.
Even if we didn't vote for him, even if we don't agree with him, the bible commands us to pray for our earthly leaders. I know there are a lot of people on this board who don't believe in God. Then just ignore this post. But I figure that all our leaders are going to need all the help they can get. If saying a prayer for them will get them a little divine intervention, maybe give them something most of us feel they lack(wisdom)then I'm all for it.
I fear for the life of the President. There are a lot of nuts out there these days. I would hate for our country, and his family to have to go through another 1963. Let's pray we don't have too.

The Constitution is UNABRIDGABLE by LAW. That means no law can be written to oppose it. Study Constitutional history and there is no mistaking why the first Ammendment was written. If the People have enough with their Government and "convene" to scrap it and rewrite it or just parts of it. They can freely and openly discuss it, even if just in preparation for scenarios they can concieve but pray never come to pass. In such preparations the elimination of certain individuals from there posts, by violence or death, as options may freely be discussed.

It is only when you lay out plans to kill anyone as acts of an individual or group not sanctioned by those affected, such as by political fallout, which protect the political entities. I would take a bullet for the President, even if I despised them politically or personally, because I would not want to see my Country weakened by his death. However, if my Fellow Citizen's as a majority agreed he must go and death were the only solution, and the Citizen's as a majority said I was elected to pull the trigger, and, if I agreed with them, then I would.
There is a big differnce in what these nuts do and what we as Citizen's are allowed to do. It is our right, not only because it is written as so, but also, because, only we can make ourselves not do or discuss such things, as a right is that which none may take away. Rights are given up, not taken, or else they are just privelages.
As it is, I don't see our Government as being at the point that a revolt is even needed, not even close. However, if I wish to engage in discussions and plans for what type of political or military type actions should be drafted and implemented in the event certain scenarios or others should occur, well, such theoretical preparations are not only the right of the Citizen's but a duty. Since it is the right, duty, and obligation of every citzen, as per the Declaration of Independance to alter, modify, or abolish oppressive government, such right, duty, and obligation cannot be successfully met without being properly prepared to deal with whatever situation which requires them as may arise. Even if such recourse to be considered is the Execution of leaders. The Law you speak of sounds bogus and UnConstitutional. It would violate the Declaration of Independance, and would ABRIDGE Free Speech as Free Speech was intended to protect. People should study their history more. How can you know where you're going if you don't know where you've been. I'm not going to be arrested for my speech, because, I don't discuss the Execution of leaders such as the President as a matter of course to be acted upon.
Rather, as an option which may be considered and discussed in the context of the Declaration, Constitution, and the proper and healthy function of Government's Citizen's to ensure their life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness from any and all who would unduly oppress these things.
As for the BIBLE there are many who believe it designed by these same "leaders" to control an unruly mass. So pray for them, yes, trust enough not to have a plan of action ready, foolish.
We're nowhere near oppressed. We do have the right to plan and discuss and prepare for the day it may not be the case, though. Waiting until such a day is upon us would be, ironically, why such a day would be upon us.
Watch Them Watching You Watching Them. Healthy paranoia is OK. They spend 24/7 thinking of ways to lock you up, how much time do you spend thinking of ways to stay free???

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
There's two things you can not joke about one is dealing with President the other is dealing with Banks. But on those two subjects there is no joking at all, and you know they listen to every thing you say. Say the wrong word and it kicks out coversation so it can be looked at closer.
That guy is real nut job, inverted Earth, I wonder what he was smoking?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I feel sorry for they guy. He is clearly mentally disturbed and he needs mental help.

The douchebag owners of glp are celebrating that this man got arrested, their joy is satanic.

GLP has a very long ban list. GLP is the banning site.

They are douchebags.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
Ahh, the saga of "Stevie". Over at godlikeproductions, this guy is well known as a crazy douchbag, that has been know to threaten many of the members there, and is well hated by everyone.

He is a crazy lunatic, but I'm sure that since he is a frequenter of conspiracy sites, we will all be lumped together with his ilk.

Another point that I would like to make, is not to joke around about Obama at this time. You will get arrested.

I hope that he does not get abused in prison

GLP made a thread about Steve's comments on black ppl. I did not even watch the video that they posted on that.

They are hoping that word gets back to the Mississippi prison so that the blacks in there can beat him up. This is satanic.

They are making jokes about him getting raped in prison.

These ppl are satanic. They have no mercy and no sympathy.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
This guy does not belong in jail. He belongs in a mental institution for some evaluation.

I hope that they do not abuse him.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Maybe we should listen to his video and "stop talking about him".

Seriously, by the look of that video, I'm convinced he heard voices in his head telling him that "everyone is talking about you".

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I noticed his jail jumpsuit was yellow and the other prisoner wore red jumpsuits.

In many jails they use different color jumpsuits to show that the prisoner has psychological issues and needs to be watched closely.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Part of the dysfunctional nature of this control environment is to continually test everyone in the hopes of breaking the "Weak Links" so to say. For example people rob, kill, etc.. because of disdain for society, their lives, the system, and their victims are anything but the real causes of their problems. That keeps the causes safe and the dangers contained in prisons, dead, or as compromised individuals. No doubt, Obama will facilitate the unleashing of race wars causing the weak links to kill each other off rather than pool their resources against the real perpetrators of their dissatisfaction. Obama is just a puppet not a puppet master. Blaming him would be like blaming a hand puppet for bad language.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
This is nothing new. One does NOT threaten, or even joke about threatening the life of the president. There are a whole bunch of gov guys that do nothing but follow up on even the most obscure and ridiculous threats against the presidents life.

Its always easy to forget how stupid making threats on the internet can be....No one is going to go to your house, knock on your door, and once greeted start talking hard or acting hard or put you in line for doing either or a mix of both. But being that this time he opened his mouth about the president elect, well someone finally did decide to pay this E-Thug a visit.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Criticizing our leaders is what the 1st amendment is all about - threats are of course a different matter, and utterly stupid.

Maybe I missed the threat thread/s you're referring to, as you provided no source, I would assume they get deleted, but if your speaking about criticism of our leaders, I'd have to strongly disagree with your assessment as questioning authority is exactly what the Constitution provides.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
It's about time the authorities caught up with this nutter. Who knows? He may receive the help he needs to become a productive member of society. Failing that, he will no longer be a threat to others.

Too bad it took threatening the President-elect for them to notice.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I think most here agree that whether or not he has committed a crime he is in need of help for mental health issues. I wonder what will actually become of him? All too often, people like him, without family or friends to take a personal interest, end up either being made example of by the system, or worse yet, are just found dead by the river.

If all his crazy videos were a cry for help, will he get it? Or will he just be destroyed?
If he is alone, his chances are not good.
Sorry, but I can't help thinking about people like this that our society just doesn't know what to do with.
The president on the other hand, will be safe - at least from him.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
O dear, well he got at least one prophecy right..."Soon, I will become world renown"..

Indeed..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join