It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man charged with threatening Obama on website

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Sorry but there does have to be a sandwich missing from his picnic basket IMO

There he is shouting all the odds after threatening to kill Obama, in front of a bunch of Black prisoners going the same place he is, me thinks the man does protest to much, Maybe he will get to meet big bubba.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Have they found any weapons? plans on how he would kill obama etc? the guy is clearly a loon,you would think the secret service guys would be putting more time into actual threats,not the ravings of a guy who is too much into his conspiracies,has there ever been any follow up to all the threats hes made? past criminal record?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well people this is proof positive that the government is indeed watching everything we say. Even though you may not make threats dont think for a minute they dont catalogue everything and put it in your file. Interesting.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This guy definitely needs some kind of medication, hope he gets some help. Listening to him talk on those videos he's obviously living in his own world.
He reminds me of what a serial killer would be like.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Wow, just wow... I've seen this stuff (glass in the sky/inverted earth) before, but didn't realize that the guy was absolutely wacko!!

I mean... we get a lot of crazy theories on here and other sites, and you just laugh at some... but there must truly be some disturbed folks out there.. this guy's like a teddy-bear compared to some I'm sure...

really gives "us" CT's a bad name man

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The fact that this man was arrested disturbs me.He may well need medical attention.However words written in some diatribe are considered a crime? The idea that mere words could be construed as an actual act.
Fiction writters the world over should take heed.When you write something that is disagreeable to the powers the be,you place your future in jeporady. Even when a "lunitics" freedoms are eroded,our freedoms also follow.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
The fact that this man was arrested disturbs me.He may well need medical attention.However words written in some diatribe are considered a crime? The idea that mere words could be construed as an actual act.

The Secret service has an obligation to investigate EVERY threat made towards someone under their protection. Yes, there are laws against making threats to kill someone. Imagine for a moment they had ignored this wacko and he ended up actually getting off a shot at the President. The Secret Service would be hung out to dry for having ignored him.

He obviously needs some serious medication introduced into his life. Hopefully they will see that he gets it, that he pays the price for having broken the law, and he continues to get help once he's released.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Actually, it is websites such as ATS that breed this type of mentality and being honest, if someone lived and breathed this site day and night, I genuinely believe they will develop mental instability. If you deny this truth, just take note of some of the Thread Topics and things addressed within them.

Do a self examination on yourself, and compare how you were [mentally] when you first came upon ATS and now, since you have tracked its every thread and post. IF you are honest with yourself, you will find that your own observations and speculations have gradually changed, mostly for the negative rather than for the good. Rarely do you see ANYTHING of a positive nature on this site.

I hate to say it, but it seems, as with many threads on this site, denying ignorance oftentimes means, laying aside rationality and believing more lies than obvious and healthy truth! With that said, I don’t doubt nor blame government officials monitoring sites such as this or any other site, where, as has been obvious on ATS, through many, many, threads, if the mentally unstable were to be found in one gathering, the odds are more favorable that you will find them here, as expressed through ideas and statements which, unfortunately, do display the contents of some, who appear very mentally unstable.

When you overlook instability and judge it as solid, sound truth, you are only turning the notch up on instability until, well, what was once stable, collapses under the weight and the individual can longer function normally for fear of every circumstance this website has laid out for that individual to “ wait for .”

And, while you are waiting, more than likely you will be monitored, closely watched, and followed by both the Government and, the Aliens.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I won't lie, when I read the title of this thread I imediatly rolled my eyes and went "Here we go." But after reading about this guy and watching some of he videos, I'm actually glad someone arrested him. I don't know how much of a threat he would have really been, but his history of threatening people is disturbing, even if he isn't right. I really hope that they do try and help him, instead of throwing him in a cell somewhere and him forever dissapering in the system.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

I completly agree. I've been coming to this website since September, and I've noticed a change in myself. Maybe not as drastic as what you have said, but deffinatly a change.

The other day I was so down in the blues that I had to make myself stay off this website for a few days. After doing that I've been better. I think my problem was reading all of the doom and gloom. I don't care who you are, after reading about things like the end of the world and such for a period of time, it gets to you. Maybe that's what happened with this guy. Maybe he already wasn't all there, and then he started to read and comment on conspiracy sites and it just made the problem worse.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

The Secret service has an obligation to investigate EVERY threat made towards someone under their protection. Yes, there are laws against making threats to kill someone. Imagine for a moment they had ignored this wacko and he ended up actually getting off a shot at the President. The Secret Service would be hung out to dry for having ignored him.

He obviously needs some serious medication introduced into his life. Hopefully they will see that he gets it, that he pays the price for having broken the law, and he continues to get help once he's released.

Investigate,yes, question,yes arrest him or charge him with an actual crime,no. Have his words or thoughts caused anyone physical harm? Have his words taken some material possession from anyone? Physical harm and depriving someone of their property are crimes. Words are words,there is no action. Intent is judged by cirumstance(which would be a completly new thread)
What this man has done is a considered a crime by the very people who swear an oath to protect his right to express himself freely.
Any law that is not directly attached to the constitution is a lesser law.Most lesser laws contradict constitutional law.People have allowed these lesser laws under the asumption that they are for the general good. Never really taking into consideration that the government is willing to take your basic freedoms away incrimentaly. Once you finally notice they have gone,there is no turning back.

The man is most probably mentally ill.If he is found to be a hazard to himself he should be held and treated.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Fiction writters the world over should take heed.When you write something that is disagreeable to the powers the be,you place your future in jeporady. Even when a "lunitics" freedoms are eroded,our freedoms also follow.

It could be considered conspiracy to commit a crime... there's more than one kind of conspiracy...

en.wikipedia.org...(crime)

[edit on 17/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by wx4caster

don't forget, everything any of us have ever said on this site is nicely filed away on our profile page in neat chronological order. If anyone wanted to produce a character profile of us - its all right there.

makes you think you should think before you say anything

Yea did you watch the movie Bug?
movies.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
anyone know where in Wisconsin this dude is from>>

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Investigate,yes, question,yes arrest him or charge him with an actual crime,no. Have his words or thoughts caused anyone physical harm? Have his words taken some material possession from anyone? Physical harm and depriving someone of their property are crimes. Words are words,there is no action. Intent is judged by cirumstance(which would be a completly new thread)

You want to wait until he is caught walking down the street carrying a severed head?

This guy is nuts. Horrid stuff happens all the time because obviously crazy people do NOT receive treatment until they do something drastic. It is a good thing the authorities have intervened.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yes, threatening to kill someone is a crime.

Would you want someone to threaten to kill you? I think you would have someone who threatened to kill you arrested too...

This is not a violation of free speech.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I was so relieved when I found out it was at another site. I thought for sure it might be ATS, but now I'm curious as to what the other site allows one to post. Could it perhaps be more a true freedom of speech forum.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Dude, are you advocating killing of other people? Sometimes threatening to kill other people is just that and if they aren't stopped they will do as they say.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yeah those videos show that he is not right in the head. I definitely think he lives in a fantasy world.

He said the sun and the moon were going to quit spinning on October 31st I think, and when that happens the world will blow up. I hate to tell him, but they aren't spinning now....

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Gosh I didn't know someone could conspire to do something by themselves. Unless you believe split personalities would be considered conspiritorial.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join