It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind-Control in Music Today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Anyone read the book, THE MUSIC OF TIME by preston nichols?

It generally talks about the conspiracy in the music industry, to put subliminals in music.. not even nessisarillly audible subliminals, but psychic subliminals... psychically made during the live recording of records.... the method was supposedly executed, with preston nichols himself being the projector of the psychic message, one time they supposedly put a phone number not audible but psychically in a record and got so many phone calls randomly that they had to change phone numbers...

I don't tend to buy everything in the book, there are some wild things in it, namely, the band JIGSAW, and their one hit wonder song SKY HIGH, was supposedly, according to nichols, recorded in the future in the early to mid 1980's and transmitted back to the 1970's... through a wormhole.... crazy stuff, anyway... the real reason I don't buy the book 100%, is because I know what kind of guy preston is, but... mainly because he claimed he met Jimi Hendrix, worked on his amps, met the Beatles, worked on their albums, met the Rolling Stones, recorded the boys on the album you can't always get what you want, Recorded the storm on the Doors song riders on the storm, the list goes on and on, he doesn't have a SINGLE photo of having even MET any of these huge rockstars let alone worked with them...

But the general idea, that Music is full of subliminals, at least unconciouslly hearable... is believeable by me... the horrible music out nowadays, selling millions of copies... it almost doesn't make sense... I'm not sure that some bands even need subliminal technology to get where there at as long as they are good, or if their bad all they need is mtv vh1 exposure and the mindless come flocking... I would be interested in putting subliminals to get people to like my music... but it would be deceptive so maybe not... my recordings are very amateur at best.. but I think they do fit these forums.. i don't really want to plug my crappy music but if anyone wants to hear it go to myspace then my name...

anyway what do you think, ARE THERE SUBLIMINALS in MUSIC today? is that why crummy music is selling out of proportion to the quality of the songs?

If so, have any examples of songs that are likely brainashing kids or full of subliminals?

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I don't know about subliminals in music, but just last friiday I listened to C2C and a man was discussing reverse speech technology, and it was interesting. There were examples of music being played in reverse, and it sounded clear in alot of instances. They mentioned the Beatles, Zeppelin.

I also wonder about binaural beats, which has a strong following.

Subliminals work, I believe, but it amazes me that so many different methods can affect the subconscious mind.

I am not sure you will find examples, though I'm interested to see if anyone has any selections they consider to be programmed subliminally.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
[ill-mannered comments removed]

Civility & Decorum are Expected
Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 17-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by colin_farrells_ghost

Was that necessary?

The post was obviously about a book - not about a specific genre of music.

Any music.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by helpmefindtheway
I don't know about subliminals in music, but just last friiday I listened to C2C and a man was discussing reverse speech technology, and it was interesting. There were examples of music being played in reverse, and it sounded clear in alot of instances. They mentioned the Beatles, Zeppelin.

I also wonder about binaural beats, which has a strong following.

Subliminals work, I believe, but it amazes me that so many different methods can affect the subconscious mind.

I am not sure you will find examples, though I'm interested to see if anyone has any selections they consider to be programmed subliminally.

Cool.. I missed that show, wanted to hear it... didn't the guy say Led Zeppelin & The Beatles sold their souls to the devil also? read that on the site I think.... I am not sure how reverse speech would work as a subliminal, I do hear it all the time in albums but purposely hearable... and how much reverse speech can our unconsious mind understand? I don't think much, but could be wrong... the reverse speech on those early records was possibly the first time it was used, so they more than likely did it just to be inventive and sell more records when people found out about it, more of a rumor thing and less of an actual subliminal.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I felt that my comment was completely necessary in order to farther demonstrate the irony that the the original poster is for even wasting a day of his time reading such a completely useless book and questioning people for listening to bad music. Also, metal does suck, has sucked, and always will sucked
/well, that's just like, your opinion man

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by colin_farrells_ghost

Originally posted by colin_farrells_ghost

I'm talking about subliminals in music ANY music, I'm not even going to bother replying to you from now on.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Actually, my understanding is Clif from the webbot project has said, he will not listen to any music now - due to the subliminal messages that have been put in them.

I believe he has some language from that, and says there is absolutely messages in it.

Is that part of why we are so complacent about what the govt. is doing?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by Razimus

Actually, my understanding is Clif from the webbot project has said, he will not listen to any music now - due to the subliminal messages that have been put in them.

I believe he has some language from that, and says there is absolutely messages in it.

Is that part of why we are so complacent about what the govt. is doing?

Interesting... so who is this Clif guy? I don't listen to todays music often unless its some indie band thats really creative.. I don't think the government is actively putting subliminals in music, could be wrong but I think it would be more of a greedy purpose for record execs.

Also on a side note that poster forget their name... basically attacked me for not liking the music they like... well I never even mentioned a single genre that I did or didn't like, I said new crummy music, to say there isn't crummy music in existance today on any level in any genre would be astoundingly shortsighted, it's basically a matter of opinion, but I have yet to meet a single human that doesn't dislike some form of musicc, I love the Beatles but not everyone loves their song 'revolution 9', the abstract song with random people talking and sound effects, I personally like that song but I'm sure many would say it was annoying.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I read that book. But for me the Preston Nichols books are more entertainment than research.

But I dont actually believe subliminals work, at least not the type of subliminals we know...neither "positive" subliminals, nor negative ones.

Why should they work?

I do believe in a music industry conspiracy though.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I read that book. But for me the Preston Nichols books are more entertainment than research.

But I dont actually believe subliminals work, at least not the type of subliminals we know...neither "positive" subliminals, nor negative ones.

Why should they work?

I do believe in a music industry conspiracy though.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

Yeah I agree with you that his books are more for entertainment, I consider him one of the best scifi writers his books happen to claim to be true but its good scifi none the less...

I know subliminals aren't taken seriously much today, proof to me is how most WoW players think the subliminal which has been proven to exist, is a joke, now I don't know if it's a working subliminal but it is there, with a game raking in 15 bucks a month per customer and there being 11.5 million customers, subliminals seem more realistic to me.

So what kind of music conspiracy do you believe in? ok nm I'll go to your link.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
There is music that I do not get enjoyment out of but I dont think that you can say there is "crummy music" because that is an opinion only and it is subjective. Its like saying there is crummy art out there.... to someone it is art... to someone it is moving music. Its like saying you enjoy colors but someone needs to get rid of that awful red color as it has no value

on topic.... there might be subliminal messages in some music but I dont think you can say it is obviously in the "crummy music" because of what I stated above. Interesting concept in general though.

just my spare change

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
First of all I don't think subliminal messages are a reason to stop listening to music, in my opinion those are the actions of a troubled man. Manufactured pop music is dumbed down and bland, it regurgitates old chords sequences and fails to move on.... this in itself could have negative effects on the psyche. The idea of subliminal messages is pretty frail though.
Most producers of pop music are also producers of other types of music like hip hop and drum and bass, generally speaking these young producers are not prone to putting mind controlling messages in their music.
I'm completely shocked that someone on this earth has stopped listening to music completely because he is scared of subliminal messages, what a poor soul.
Music can heal, music can inspire, music can bring us all together, music can lead to enlightenment - DO NOT STOP LISTENING TO MUSIC BECAUSE YOU ARE PARANOID

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SleeplessInUS
There is music that I do not get enjoyment out of but I dont think that you can say there is "crummy music" because that is an opinion only and it is subjective. Its like saying there is crummy art out there.... to someone it is art... to someone it is moving music. Its like saying you enjoy colors but someone needs to get rid of that awful red color as it has no value

on topic.... there might be subliminal messages in some music but I dont think you can say it is obviously in the "crummy music" because of what I stated above. Interesting concept in general though.

just my spare change

I know what your saying, and I agree everything is subjective, but to say my music is as good as the beatles? even you couldn't agree.

I accept all genres and don't dislike any genres to be honest, but there are songs in all genres that are less than others due to the lack of talent of the creator or for other reasons, if they don't know how to play guitar, that could drastically effect the song, if they can't sing that too could drastically effect the 'crummy' factor, I don't want to have a political politically correct conversation about music in general, but if you can't accept the fact that less inspired music would be more in need of subliminals then I guess we aren't on the same page at all, whether subliminals exist or not, just on a theoretical stance, when it's concerning an abstract musician or a minimalist that's great, but when it's POP, and itls blasting from a radio, it likely has a good beat, a good melody, good music, good lyrics, something that makes it good, I've studied music theory extensively and when something missing it's very obvious to me, such isn't obvious to little teens that buy the records, they don't care about music theory, where the lyrics came from or if there is even a melody, but I happen to, and music lacking these in POP specifically yet being ultra popular, I tend to believe it's either after expensive marketing of the songs on commercials and best-buy, or perhaps a subliminal is resulting in the success of the song, my comments are based on a theoretical situation and I stand by my theoretical situation in which the 'crummy' music could possibly be filled with subliminals, but in the book, the best music was filled with sublimials, I also agree the 'best' music could equally be filled with these subliminals.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
First of all I don't think subliminal messages are a reason to stop listening to music, in my opinion those are the actions of a troubled man. Manufactured pop music is dumbed down and bland, it regurgitates old chords sequences and fails to move on.... this in itself could have negative effects on the psyche. The idea of subliminal messages is pretty frail though.
Most producers of pop music are also producers of other types of music like hip hop and drum and bass, generally speaking these young producers are not prone to putting mind controlling messages in their music.
I'm completely shocked that someone on this earth has stopped listening to music completely because he is scared of subliminal messages, what a poor soul.
Music can heal, music can inspire, music can bring us all together, music can lead to enlightenment - DO NOT STOP LISTENING TO MUSIC BECAUSE YOU ARE PARANOID

I agree it would be a drastic step to not listen to modern music based on this paranoid belief, in which I do not share, I was just bringing up the topic because I read a book, I was just putting the theory out there to be put under speculation and those that don't agree with it don't agree with the book not me personally.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Yeah man, sorry if it sounded like I was having a dig. It's just that I believe that out of all the ways of awakening the masses to the truths, music is the way to go. People are so heavily influenced by it that its use a carrier of truths to the masses would be so effective.
So the thought of it all really did my head in! I know it's not your views.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This author is just really parinoid. One could argue that the music is brainwashing people, but i believe its more than that. People who are controled by music listened to it in the first place because it was fashionable, and they are just weak minded to begin with. Its all about keeping an open mind while enjoying it. I listen to it because its fun. Hip hop, rock and metal happen to be some of my favorites among many types of music in my library. And i can assure you listening to it makes me no more tolerant of our govenment or society, because after a night of having fun tearing it up at a show, i'll go home and question our leaders just as much as before.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
hy :-)

I didnt read this book. But i will maybe.. just to see what you mean.

and

only cause people work with rockstars, is there no reason why they shall have photos. or autogramms or such stuff.

and

why do you ask this question at a forum and dont listen to the music from today?
I mean if you want to answer your question, listen to the music and you will understand.
maybe

It is media.. mass entertainment.
of course they can handle all those people with music or movies or shows or whatever...
they did it.. they are doing it right now.. and they will do it.
Who?
i dont know

friendly

Nia Wind the panda

new topics

top topics

join