It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets vote on sacking Moderators on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I think we should sack all moderators on ATS as they shut down threads with out looking at them they close them down because mabe a couple of people cant handle a reasonable grilling hes saying this hes not a nice person.

YOU CANT HAVE A REASONABLE CONVERSATION ON HERE.

With out people talking it to seriously

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
this thread will self destruct in...5.. 4.. 3.. 2.....

2nd line

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
A moderator's job is never easy. Of course their are going to be a few bad apples in the world, but why direct such emotions toward the moderators, why not just direct it at those who have chosen to take the path that causes the moderators to shut down the threads? Or better yet you can always ignore them if the fire starts to turn into an inferno. I've been a moderator at a few sites and they/we are always portrayed as bad guys when simply we are trying to keep things civil. If threads want to remain open, the moderators take steps to try and keep it civil, but the posters need to do the same as well; not continue the fire.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufosbri
I think we should sack all moderators on ATS as they shut down threads with out looking at them they close them down because mabe a couple of people cant handle a reasonable grilling hes saying this hes not a nice person.

YOU CANT HAVE A REASONABLE CONVERSATION ON HERE.

With out people talking it to seriously

Perhaps you should try and re-phrase your thread, to my mind there is not enough information. It appears you have a grip rather than posing a question for debate or discussion.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore

Brilliant !

BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
thats a bit harsh, ive had a few dealings with the mods and their for teh most a sound bunch of dudes .
Unless its a big post where things get crowded they do get very strickt, but all other threads are left unless its completly abusive or has anything to do with drug topics.. everything else is fair game, they move it to the correct forum when needed.

the problem is more some of the users (just a small group though) who are the typical "internet bigman / woman" types that you always get on any forum big or small.

(you think this is bad, go check out some wrestling forums... you dont know the meaning of "they take it to serious" till you have seen some of those forums .. people get banned and flamed for farting in those places!)

or... you coudl be in that mad forum where people believe pokemon are real animals and their world is a parallell universe to ours!.. now those forums are just plain weird!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
If you follow the T & C, the forum guidelines, you should feel no displeasure at the presence of moderators.

If you have an issue with moderation on this site, you may want to consider reviewing your communication style. If you post off topic, launch a personal attack, post in the wrong thread, etc - you will be affected.

Consistent moderation should reduce the need for moderation given that member's know the rules, but this is not always the case.

Rather than rant - consider why your post (s) was targeted, and cease the behaviour that was considered a rule breach. Or ask "why?". You will notice they are always open to questioning / explaining / constructive criticism.

eg: You posted a board issue in the UFO thread, not a difficult one to figure out.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by helpmefindtheway]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I think this is the thread old mate is having a whinge about:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It appears a mod gave a warning about keeping it civil, a warning you ignored.

So it got closed.

No ones fault but yours mate!

Oh and you know you can U2U the mod who closed your thread too, instead of carrying on like a pork chop.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by helpmefindtheway
You will notice they are always open to questioning / explaining / constructive criticism.
[edit on 17-1-2009 by helpmefindtheway]

No they just send you a link to a thread setting out T&C's, I was never answered in my quest to see why my thread was deleted

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
well since this thread is gonna implode anyway...

I disagree with the OP....

but on a side note....

I did lose 1,000 points from supposedly saying something 'vulgar', I don't curse.... so I don't know what I could've said that was vulgar.... kinda ticked me off..... maybe I was rude... but 1,000 points? come on......

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by helpmefindtheway

T hats my point there's to many rules on hear if people have a problem they run to the moderators they don't even look at reply s they just shut threads down because maybe a couple of people don't like what's been sayed I rest my CASE.

Im sure this will self Destruct any time soon BOOM BOOM

[edit on 24/09/2008 by ufosbri]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
There is an existing thread specifically established for these type questions, concerns and/or grievances.

The ATS Issues Thread

-thread closed-

top topics

join