It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Miracle We Can Believe In

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
OK, call me delusional, but I would like to believe that "The Miracle On The Hudson" is the shape of things to come.

With Obama taking office and the averted plane crash, it would sure be nice to have optimism for a change. "Hey, where is my Bible and American Flag."

Perhaps the HPTB (Higher Powers That Be) are ready to give us (Americans) a break.

I, for one, would like to think so and am grateful.

Perhaps no conspiracy. Just wishful thinking.

This thread is meant to inspire a positive attitude adjustment. Please, no bickering.

regards...kk

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
What did the "HPTB" have to do with the "Miracle on the Hudson"? Are you saying that they saved the plane??? Come on now.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Is this talking about the plane crash itself, or future things that we actually can believe in for the most part? If the latter then hopefully something in the form of relief comes our way (especially to those who need it). If it involves the first, I don't think it was really so much a conspiracy as it was nature accidentally getting caught. Feel kind of bad for the bird (or was it a goose?) that flew into it

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

I meant HPTB to reference supreme entity. (i.e. GOD, ALLAH, BUDDHA etc.) Non political,
non governmental, non human.

(And in the case of atheists and agnostics.......Richard Simmons.)

Thanks for responding. And, by the way, this IS in Skunkworks.

regards....kk

[edit on 17-1-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I should think, that if the HPTB were truly looking out for the passengers of that flight - they would never have allowed the plane to go down in the first place. It would have landed at the airport normally and on schedule. Nobody would have been the wiser to the miracle that occurred. Nobody considers sheer luck a factor in a favorable outcome, but (if you're the type of person to believe in miracles) completely ignores the multitude of unseen miracles that occur on a daily basis which we take for granted.

No, instead I thank the engineers who designed the aircraft, the skillful pilots, and sheer luck after the incident for the favorable outcome of the event.

And as a side note: I don't believe in miracles or an interventionist personal god.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I believe the breaks that you are referring too could be easily summed up as this famous phrase, "Its always calm before the storm"

However, do not agree that the plane crash yesterday was a conspiracy it was just a freak accident. I think they are extremely lucky to be alive, some might say thats is bad luck (the plane crash), I think it is good luck actually, look at how many people could have died.

America is just having a calm before the storm that is a comin....

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You said "Non political", but you brought up Obama? I don't get it.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmm I smell a trap.

But anyway.........

HPTB ( Higher Powers That Be) = GOD, Buddha, Allah etc.

Obama elected, Plane crash survivors = Positive outcomes.

I view the election as a favorable outcome, perhaps you may not.

But once again, It wasn't my intent to bicker.

Perhaps I didn't think through my post / concept enough.

regards...kk

[edit on 18-1-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic
I should think, that if the HPTB were truly looking out for the passengers of that flight - they would never have allowed the plane to go down in the first place. It would have landed at the airport normally and on schedule. Nobody would have been the wiser to the miracle that occurred. Nobody considers sheer luck a factor in a favorable outcome, but (if you're the type of person to believe in miracles) completely ignores the multitude of unseen miracles that occur on a daily basis which we take for granted.

No, instead I thank the engineers who designed the aircraft, the skillful pilots, and sheer luck after the incident for the favorable outcome of the event.

And as a side note: I don't believe in miracles or an interventionist personal god.

Did those people get hurt? No they didn`t, just scared. I myself look at it as a symbol of us right now, and what were going through. Many are scared of what would happen if everything fails. I think we are being watched over more then some may think, and I`m not talking about our government. I think it shows we are going to ride this storm out, and make it through ok. It`s your right not to believe in miracles, just as it`s the right of others that do believe in them.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I think your right kk. A star and flag for you. We need more positive news instead of the daily garbage that we normally get.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by FiatLux]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

First off, how can you equate Obama as a positive outcome. He has yet to spend one day in office. He could end up being the Antichrist for you higher powers. Plus the crash in to the Hudson was a great stroke of luck for those people. had it happen another mile in flight they would have crashed and died. If you are calling for miracle, then there is a miracle on the last days of G.W. that there is peace in Israel again.

Plus us atheist and agnostics do not worship Richard Simmons. Thank you. I could say what some satirical statement about what you worship but this is a no bickering forum.

[edit on 1/18/2009 by bigvig316]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
REPLY TO BIG VIG

Even if his performance as President is mediocre, the fact that he was elected as the First African-American President, I consider it to be positive, if not monumental.

Plus doesn't he at least get the benefit of the doubt?

You seem to already be considering him a failure and he hasn't taken office yet.

Plus I got to watch Bruce Springstein, James Taylor, Cheryl Crow and Stevie Wonder on
HBO for free during the pre-inaugural concert on Sunday. (And I don't even subscribe)

So there is another Positive event. Keep your eye on the donut, not the hole.

Finally shouldn't it be "we"? We atheists and agnostics?

regards.........kk

[edit on 19-1-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I am saying he has yet to do anything of note. An why does him being a black man have anything to do with it. I should be enough that he is American (which is still up for debate even at this late hour). I am just saying, let us not anoint him the second coming with out performing anything of merit.

Plus that concert that was put on in front of Lincoln memorial I did not get to see because it was on HBO. It is only available if you can afford digital cable. Plus who do you think is going to have to foot the bill for that concert. It isn't coming out of Obama's pocket. John Q Taxpayer that's who.

I apologize for my bad grammar. I was very upset at the Richard Simmons crack which is still under my skin.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I watched the concert on c-span and msnbc, Maybe not as fancy as the one on HBO but I saw it all nonetheless.

In my opinion just about any change from what we have had for the last 8 years is a good thing.
I for one am feeling relieved and proud and hopeful that maybe things will begin to get better.
I also feel for the man, because despite his best intentions he is coming into such a horrible horrible mess that will be slow and difficult to fix.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

Thanks for your reply and elaborating your thoughts on this matter.

Regarding the Richard Simmons crack. It was "Sense of Humor Failure" on my part.
I apologize since it was not my intent to be uncivilized in this thread. ( BTW, I am agnostic but that gives me no right to poke fun on other's behalf.) I am sorry if I offended you.

I suppose only time will tell what the future holds. In the meantime, I am striving to be optimistic and positive nonetheless. ( Plus, I am engaged in too many other brawls on other threads right now.)

regards...kk

[edit on 21-1-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
yeah yeah - it was a miracle that this pilot was able to land this plane safely and even more that that the plane stayed in one piece......however.....it was more a "sign" of the quick thinking we are all capable of during times of distress and a reminder of all our survival instincts.....I was impressed with the interviews from those on board who described a surreal quiet and calm aboard what appeared to be a doomed plane, and the end of their individual lives.....perhaps this is more a miracle - people acting rationally.

top topics

join