It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlestar Galactica season 5 - (spoiler alert!)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
To your stations!

The Last Frakkin Special is on tonight...eeep....now on SciFi.

I have zero idea what to expect in the final two hours. Are they going to use the Singularity as the 'get out of free card' as mentioned above?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
To their credit, they didn't use resurrection as a "get out of jail free" card.

I liked the way they tied things up, although Cavil topping himself was kind of odd... but the way Starbuck went was brilliant.

Some things should remain mysterious.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well that was great. They did well. I agree Rich not sure about Cavill topping himself.
I think they landed too early in history to make sense, ie apollo the sky god was 2500 years ago not 1500000 years ago, but I spose they didnt want to do the fighter pilots in Egyptian helmuts thing because that would be too stargate ( even thought BSG came up with it first)
Gauis-for sure thought he's starting the roman dynasty of gauis juluis ceaser!

I thought it was good that they made Hera the 'missing link' in human evolution.

SO Kara was a angel. I thought she would start the thracians colony, maybe they were named after the foklore of her. Lee said " You'll never be forgotten"

The admiral and the chief going mad and alone in the wilderness was interesting. Poor Lee got left on his lonesome.

They had massive religion overtonnes in this finale.

They did leave alot open, that was good.

I thought they tied it up best they could, though the Opera house parallel ended up being a bit lame I thought, Not the super knockout they built it up to be.
Either way, its over, and now there is nothing good on TV left at all.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I know what you mean about the Opera House thing, although I thought the moments where Roslin, Baltar and Caprica were chasing Hera and it was flashing back and forth were really good.

And, yes, Lee A said Starbuck would never be forgotten... hmm...

In terms of the pacing, I actually thought having more or less the second half of the show devoted to settling earth was too long - and having Romo Lamkin (yay! love that guy) say "I can't believe everyone was prepared to give up their creature comforts"... ueah, just what we were thinking, Romo. That was lame, imo.

But the last scenes between Baltar and Caprica were rather moving, although I couldn't quite get over the extent to which she's been retconned as a compassionate sort. Remember, she killed a baby in its pram in the mini-series. That was one of the things that hooked me on her and BSG: it set her up as being really alien. Now she's a cutie who was always looking for love from Baltar?

Oh, and wasn't it one of the Simons who was giving Adama sr. his lie-detector test? (Loved the bit where he puked up, too... didn't expect to see that, ever!)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join