It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlestar Galactica season 5 - (spoiler alert!)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
Only six episodes left.

The last episode is supposedly three hours long.

I saw the preview and I still can't believe that Ellen Tigh is the fifth.

Doesn't seem right somehow...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Gaeta, what did you do!!!

I'm not so sure about Ellen either. It seems too anti-climactic. I think there is still a surprise or two in store for us.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Ok Now we're talking! That was great, though I would have like to see Zarek get it between the eyes instead of credits!

Excellent episode, I still cant belive how good this show is, and gets no industry recognition, Hollywood is retarded.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Yes it was great! Zarek walking out of the quorum meeting and just saying "shoot them" made me gasp. Playing for keeps! Great, gritty episode - literally gritty: since when does sprinkling gravel around the set make Galactica seem 'in distress' and 'under siege'?

Looking forward to next week (didn't watch the preview!), glad to hear we're getting back to more of the series-wide plot arc.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
I saw the preview and I still can't believe that Ellen Tigh is the fifth.

Doesn't seem right somehow...

Gotta say it again... when she first turned up, I thought "Cylon!" She just appeared in the fleet, and then the whole Cylon testing thing went belly-up so we never found out.

I never suspected Saul Tigh, though. And for me, he's been the most human of any of the characters on there. An incredible performance. And the way Tigh and Tyrrol (not to mention Thrace) are walking a tightrope is pretty frakkin' amazing, imo.

I bet that last ep's a corker. Three hours, huh? I'm torn - I can't wait to find out but I don't want it to end. I remember when B5 started, and the story arc was supposed to go for five years, and it all looked as if it was going to be so amazing... and then it fizzled. I just don't want it to be an anticlimax. (Crosses fingers, does various other illogical and superstitious things... all over a TV programme! What's wrong with me?)

[edit on 8-2-2009 by rich23]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Great epsiode again.

I've sort of forgotten something about Dr Baltar. Why don't we see the number Six that only he can see anymore?

[edit on 9-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Wish we did - it was a really good vein of comedy and kept me going for ages with the whole is-he-or-isn't-he a Cylon? thing.

It just seems to have faded out, I don't think it's been explained. We also have Roslin and Athena and Caprica Six sharing visions of the Opera House.

Anyone think we've seen the last of D'Anna? She's going to stay on Earth and that's it?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
WOW. Just watched the new ep - am still reeling. Mostly from how evil Cavil is. And I have to say (I know there will be those who disagree) that Ellen is hot in a mature way. Rather her than Starbuck, frankly, although the Sixes are the real Tens of that show.

And there's a good sourcing of some of Sam's word salad on this page.

I also get the feeling that the newly introduced "Daniel" might well turn out to be Baltar. It would explain a lot.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

I agree, rich! After the last two weeks, I was getting a little disappointed that we might just be seeing 'small stories' until the series ends, this episode changed that.

So much was confirmed and made clearer! So, the 'final five' are the second resurrections of the survivors of Earth, eh? Their first resurrection allows them to travel, sublight, to the 12 colonies, but they meet the cylon (centurions) before they arrive, and team up to make the organic cylons. Then, their organic creations (and there are eight of them!) turn, at least, Cavil does, and they are resurrected again, as participants in another genocide. Sucks to be them!

Cavil was revealed, in serious detail, in this episode. It makes it all the more ironic that the viewpoint he initially chose to watch the destruction of the colonies, from within their midsts, was that of a minister. What a twist! I'll have to watch previous seasons again, with an eye to the emnity between Boomer and Cavil, to see if there's more nuance to the fallout of her actions with regard to Ellen.

And Ellen! Wow, what a difference from her Caprican incarnation! Playing the Earth-mother. Being the Earth-mother, to her children. Will she get back together with Saul? How do her memories and feelings of her previous life still affect her? And exactly where is she now??

So many things to think about!

Edit: To reveal, and share, my favorite forum for Battlestar Galactica discussion, mostly because of its literate and 'inside-industry' viewpoint:

Television Without Pity

[edit on Feb 14th 2009 by Ian McLean]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Yes, Ellen as Earth-mother... she still likes a drink, though! I'm such a sentimentalist at heart, I'd like to see her and Saul reunited, and you kind of suspect they'll do that to open up a can of reconstituted smiting on Brother Cavil.

I thought she might bear a grudge against Saul, but she obviously sees it clearly... there'll be tears when they get back together, and I might have to wipe one or two away from this jaundiced eye...

They're going to kill off Roslin soon, though. She has to go before the end of the series. Unless... hmm, too many imponderables.

How people can rave about dross like Heroes and Lost when this bad boy is staring them in the face, I just don't know.

And thanks for the TVWOP link... I shall be checking that out forthwith.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Just watched it again, and I don't always do that...

I do like the new intro - the old Centurions and the brief but exciting space battle shot... very neat.

The first time through I didn't notice that when Ellen says to Boomer, "you can love", she says "who am I going to love? A human?" - and then it cuts straight to Galen Tyrol.

Let's face it, he was never really happy with what's-her-name, Cabbage Girl... and we don't know whether Boomer knows he's one of the Final Five.

But when Ellen comes back, what's going to happen to Caprica Six and her baby? Is it Tigh's?

Speaking of possibly the coolest character on there... just love how he still calls them "skin-jobs". Brilliant. It's almost as if nothing has happened. Tyrol is at least up with the situation.

I suspect that John/Cavil is going to be turned on by some of his brethren, especially when they find out he put the Final Five on the colonies to get the cr@p kicked out of them, and tortured and raped arguably the two most important.

I also really liked the conversation between Galen, Tigh and Tori as they're waiting for Blanders to come out of surgery. Tigh recalls what "the old man" said (way back in the mini-series) about owning up to what you've done, He knows the Five have to shoulder the blame for the attack on the Colonies and Tori still wants to pass the blame back to the humans. Tigh comes back with "If you go back far enough you can blame a microbe for splitting in two." Awesome.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
And I have to say (I know there will be those who disagree) that Ellen is hot in a mature way.

In my opinion personality makes all the difference, to me she was more attractive in this episode, because her personality made her more attractive to me.

And some people think men only like the physical appearance, haha.

For example I'm more attracted to the six that only Dr Baltar can see, the other sixes don't get my attention as much, especially the one that hangs out with Tigh.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I agree about Ellen but I kind of liked slutty milf Ellen, I have to admit. Her new persona is wonderful though - very loving. I'm agog to think of what'll happen when she sees Saul (and Adama!) again.

The Six who's with Tigh now is Caprica Six... and she's changed quite a bit. Remember how she was originally - snapping that baby's neck with a twist of her fingers? Slamming Baltar up against the wall and shedding her clothes at the drop of a hat? The time on New Caprica changed her, and further still since she found she was sharing visions with Laura Roslin.

There was a time on New Caprica when Baltar was falling apart and succumbing to despair and she was trying to comfort him... actually I think that was the time I found her most attractive.

Now she's pregnant she seems rather docile and mareish by comparison.

The Six we used to see in Baltar's head (and where has she gone?) was like Caprica of old, but with that extra twist of monotheism. I also have to say that for an ex-model, Tricia Helfer is really good at making each one different behind the eyes. Remember Gina, the one who'd been on Pegasus and was tortured and raped, eventually committing suicide by setting off the nuke? The other week there was another Six who only had a small role to play in proceedings - schtupping Baltar again, funnily enough - but again was different.

I'm trying to figure out if Daniel=Baltar, which would explain a lot, but Ellen said that Cavil had compromised all of Daniel's clones. Hmmm...

EDIT to add...

When I found out Tricia Helfer had been a model I searched the net for some photos, because I thought she'd had a boob job. And, sadly, I was right. That's the one thing about her I don't like - she looked much lovelier before the op. It's such a shame that boob jobs are pretty much the norm these days in the US, and increasingly so here in the UK.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by rich23]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Thanks for reminding me of all that, I agree with everything you say, including the boob job.

She's also in a show called Burn notice now.

Baltar was also the first thing that came to my mind about Daniel.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
One other idea that I've heard kicked around is that Daniel (cylon #8) is Baltar or Kara's father.

That would put an interesting spin on things, eh? If there have been cylon-human hybrids for years...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So, is it safe to say then that the real "final cylon model" is this Daniel, whom we have yet to meet?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Actually, I think Ellen was the "final" model, because we'd all collectively taken our eyes off the ball about the Sevens. This Daniel thing is like a whole new plotline introduced, and I don't think I'm alone in thinking this.

At any rate, Daniel, while not part of the Final Five, is surely our (the audience's) final Cylon.

As for Daniel being Kara's father, the artistic connection may be there... I don't know. I've seen this idea on the boards too, and personally I don't find it appealing.

BUT a penny may have just dropped. The resurrection technology is surely how Kara got put back together again...

(This would imply that "the colony" referred to by Cavil and Ellen is in fact Earth... but why not call it Earth? Oho, because it's not the REAL earth. Hmm... too many imponderables.)

but what about the Viper?

OHHH.... Maybe Daniel's the hidden hand behind all of THAT - possibly even messing with the reincarnation process in the other six models to plant the reverence for the Final Five.

If Daniel turns out to look just like Baltar as well, that would, as they say on the boards, make me squee...

edited to add the bit in brackets

[edit on 16-2-2009 by rich23]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
That was a good episode, but is it just me, or do we feel like the whole story has just been changed on us?

They were a motley crew (minus the perms and blonde streaks, tight pants) searching for a home, struggling to establish a working society, and fighting for survival against a common enemy.
Now all the characters are all different, same people but completely different roles, and the enemy is within....

I still think they should have finished at finding earth all F**ked up.
Ellen is just ridiculous as mother nature, the creator of the new skin jobs. Please they may aswell have just written in a new character, that is so dumb. She was just cheap actor to bring back in maybe?

BTW did anyone buy the BSG set stuff that went on ebay? Im not that geeky, but interested if anyone got it and what the quality is like...ie cardboard cylons, not really metal....

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
BTW did anyone buy the BSG set stuff that went on ebay?

Ha, who would be silly enough to waste money on stuff like that?

*goes to take a power-nap in his new resurrection tank*

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
BTW did anyone buy the BSG set stuff that went on ebay?

Ha, who would be silly enough to waste money on stuff like that?

*goes to take a power-nap in his new resurrection tank*

lol, you better shower afterwards 'cause thats alot of cyclon gunk to have a kip in...
BTW did you win the last round of debates, or are they still going? and you have changed your avatar to Joe the plumber???

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join