It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hutchison Effect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
from wiki:
In 1979, Hutchison claims to have discovered a number of unusual phenomena, while trying to duplicate experiments done by Nikola Tesla. He refers to several of these phenomena jointly under the name "the Hutchison effect", including:

-levitation of heavy objects.
-fusion of dissimilar materials such as metal and wood, while lacking any displacement.
-the anomalous heating of metals without burning adjacent material.
-the spontaneous fracturing of metals.
-changes in the crystalline structure and physical properties of metals.
-disappearance of metal samples.

Hutchison has maintained a number of websites over the years, in which he posts videos and pictures of the purported effect, including short low-quality clips of objects flying around or rising from the ground, and metallic objects moving without being touched.
en.wikipedia.org...

So I have been doing a little research on this guy and his experiments and am not sure what to think of it all yet. If what he is claiming to do is real then this would truely be some awesome mad science.
It seems that he could only get the effects to happen at random times. I wonder how many other people with the tools have tried at this or if they just dismissed him as some crazy fruitcake.
Just wondering what your opinions are.
Hope I posted this in the right forum.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by darklife

I've seen him on tv, and on the net and have read a bit on him, it sounds like what he's doing is not a hoax, apparently he hasn't found practical levitation, if he had, the government would've confiscated his stuff a long time ago or maybe because he's in canada he has managed to get away with it this long, I've heard governments were working on his research independently but can't remember any details...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Well I did find the bit here interesting..
"Hutchison later accused the military of coercing the Canadian government into seizing his lab so that it could be passed on to Lockheed Martin Skunk Works for research purposes. "

I like the whole "research purposes", whatever that's suppost to mean

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
actually he has had his "research" seized twice now, once because of a gun collection and once because he turned his apartment into a lab lol. but yeah he has some hard evidence that he is on to at least something he just isnt able to get real quality because of his lab condiditons.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
His work has been confirmed an hoax.

Notice the string in the upper left corner of this video?

Scroll down the wiki page you linked and you'll see charges of fakery.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
His work has been confirmed an hoax.

Notice the string in the upper left corner of this video?

Scroll down the wiki page you linked and you'll see charges of fakery.

Yes I have read about this and seen the video but he says the string was used to guide the object for deminstration purposes so that it could be used to air on TV since he couldn't always reproduce the results in real-time.

Besides that how can you explain the other hard evidence he has like the fusion of completely different materials, or the other weird results he had caused on metals and objects. Some of the objects have been examined in labs and proven to not be as simple as a hoax.

Some pics..

There are much better photos and reputable test/lab reports if you do a little research.

[edit on 1/17/2009 by darklife]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Bugger!

He's stealing my patented technology!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

If you look carefully at the string, you will see it slacken as the object rises and tighten as the object sinks. That leads me to believe that the string is not being used to raise the object but probably as a tether to keep the object in camera range.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Ha! That's pretty funny.

I saw a documentary or two on him. He couldn't produce evidence on their cameras, but could produce his own videos. Odd?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

If you look at around 20sec you can see that the object moves in sync with the line, up and down.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

When the object moves up, the line slackens. When the object moves down, the line tightens.

That is opposite of what the line would do if the assertions of fakery were true.

[edit on 13/6/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

I don't think it is slackening, rather, the person controlling the string is moving. I don't see the line dip in any way.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
this thread is old, i know. But i wanted to remark a thing about the string, it does move the opposite direction than it should do. And it even bents, like it has come loose, so how do we even explain this?

new topics

top topics

join