It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can somebody help me figure out how this Stargate works?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

i271.photobucket.com...
americathebeautifulpark.com...

Colorado Springs, CO: In a recent move to save money because of an ever shrinking budget, the Earth Stargate (found at a dig site near Giza in 1928) once housed in the top-secret U.S. military base known as the SGC (Stargate Command) underneath Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado Springs has now been completely decommissioned and disassembled. Government officials have moved the device and placed it in a local Colorado Springs park not far from its original home, deep within the under-mountain complex.

The original Stargate configuration has been modified, with much of the decorative elements smoothed to reflect a flat surface. Now resembling a sculpture/fountain, the device once able to transport beings from one point to another between worlds and galaxies, is now only able to turn on an axis and dispense a curtain of water.

The official dedication of this new “sculpture/fountain” was held on Thursday, June 7th 2007 in America the Beautiful Park. It is unknown if this newly configured “Stargate” has retained any of its original transport capabilities.

i271.photobucket.com...

i271.photobucket.com...

i271.photobucket.com...

i271.photobucket.com...

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 17/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

Mod Note: Image Size – Please Review This Link.
All images must remain at or below 680 pixels wide/tall

[edit on Sat Jan 17 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Hahaha, oh wow, guys. I should hedge bets on how many posts until a serious reply is posted to this.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I wouldn't say it's a star gate, sorry
. Especially one that would be so out in the open. If it indeed was a star gate wouldn't something like that have been hauled to a government or a scientific facility to be tested, analyzed and all of that good stuff?

In my opinion I feel it was either one or multiple creators (Human based) who just wanted to make a piece of art work for that park.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by PoisonousPoison]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Yes I can explain.

To use the stargate you need the following items,

1) A ladder and a pretty big one, make sure that you get a health and safety advisor to check it will not fall to pieces when used.

2) A tower crane or an alternative would be a few hundred fit and healthy male or female wrestlers.

3) A mobile phone and it must be a Motorola StarTac preferable with a lithium based battery.

Now that we have established the materials needed to activate the stargate I will now share knowledge that I gained from reading the book "How to use a stargate" by God.

Use the crane or people to suspend the pillar in a horizontal direction in front of the stargate pointed face up.

When the pillar is supended, take the ladder and use it to climb up and sit on the pointed part.

Take the Startac, dial 911 and immediately have the crane or wrestlers move the pillar right into the stargate at approximately 60 miles per hour with you on the point.

If this is not done with 99.9999999999% precision you will be arrested for being a terrorist.

If you are successful you will be transported to the lost kingdom of Furby. Upon arrival ask for Jim.

I hope this helps.

Seriously though, it is just a nice piece of art and nothing more.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Just to be clear, I am serious. However I do not believe the continuum seen in the picture above is an actual stargate. It was a piece of art designed by Bill Burgess that that rotates, about four times an hour according to the plaque. But I have watched it and can say normally it moves much slower than that. Also I can verify that the object itself is hollow and allows water to move through.

There is from what I can tell, something underneath this structure. Something that I have not been able to verify without physically going down there. Whatever it is, I believe it involves a proccess called cold fusion.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Dude, that external quote was entirely based off of the show, stargate sg-1. So uh dude, maybe start taking your meds.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
well the logical answer is that they use a puddle jumper to dial it up and fly through. the obelisks are clearly defensive you would probably need a g.d.o to disable those if you were dialing in. now you might be able to manually dial the gate. also you mentioned that it spins up 4 times an hour this might be the correlative update system. there i hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

All the stargate info you could ever need.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
i just saw a video of the gate in the park and from what i can tell it's not a solid ring it more of a loop so i don't think it can spin like on tv..... and someone should go bury it as a metaphor for humanities lack of motivation to come together and explore space.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What a strange quote.. they are exactly quoting the time they found the gate in the movie.

Ehm?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Exactly. The movie stargate states that a stargate was found in Giza 1928, which so happens to be exactly the same as what is being said about America the Beautiful Park. Not to mention that some of the filmakers behind the movie stargate actually worked at NORAD which just so happens to be where this alleged stargate supposedly came from.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think that quote is supposed to be a joke. I mean, obviously that isn't an official site, and whoever made it clearly has a sense of humor:

America the Beautiful Park is considered a prime location for UFO landings. Because of the it's ancient spires (seen as a primitive gift from space travelers long ago) and the Stargate, (recently removed from inside Cheyenne Mountain and placed here), extraterrestrial beings will find this park an ideal landing and meeting point. There is plenty of grassy area to safely land and park your flying saucer, a wading pond to freshen up in after your long journey, and close proximity to downtown shopping. You'll just love this park!

WARNING: Make sure to secure your saucer when leaving it in the park, as crime rates have recently risen and transients/homeless frequent this area.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yes that guy you are talking about is named Mike and has a radio show in the Springs which sometimes talks about different UFO phenomenon. Hang tight I will try to find a link.

EDIT: Here he is www.ufogeek.com...

[edit on 18-3-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

OMG OMG OMG

That was so funny.

I was going to attempt some humorous response but will not bother now!

Good one.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by XXXN3O

OMG OMG OMG

That was so funny.

I was going to attempt some humorous response but will not bother now!

Good one.

I wasnt trying to be funny......

Nah I was, hope nobody broke their mobile phone or was harmed near a stargate attempting anything.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Oh man you're in a bind it seems. Wheres the dialing device? Just go to your local SGC and pick up a naquedah generator and bring your home laptop. You should be able to rig it up and give it the necessary power. Just make sure when you're locking the chevrons they light up, God speed.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sikmike620Just make sure when you're locking the chevrons they light up, God speed.

They've demonstrated it once(rather in an emergency) that it can be done manually

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Get a long elastic band and tie the ends to the obelisks. Then position yourself approximately in the middle and slowly walk backwards, stretching the elastic taunt behind you as you back up. Once the appropriate tensile strength is reached, jump up slightly. Aim for the center of the ring. Passing successfully through the ring activates the gate.

Good Luck!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
There is only one man on earth who knows how to activate the gate.
MacGyver.
He is rumoured to be in protective custody as an actor in TV series, funnily enough, about stargates. I believe this tactic has failed as everyone watching SG-1 knows it is MacGyver.
I mean if anyone could have made a hit tv series out of that crap, it would be MacGyver, right! He can make anything work.

Anyway, hes your best bet.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Making that stargate work is easy, although the results aren't that great. It's more of a time travel device. Go to once side of the circle, and check the time. Then, jump though the circle, and check the time again. I guarantee that time will have moved forward a couple of seconds.

I have a simpler version in my house...called a doorway. Does the same thing.

/sarcasm

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join