It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja vu or premonition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
you know those times when you feel like you have been in that very stop doing the exact same thing that you are doing now.

i would like your opinion

Deja vu or premonition

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Neither. I think its a moment, no matter how mundane, where you should take the time to see what is going on, how to apply it to yourself. Like, your higher consciousness is kicking in for a moment to tell you, This is important, pay attention. It may have been something from a past or future life, but it wouldn't have shown itself unless it was something useful and important. I have learned many things from these deja vu moments.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I've never been in a "stop" so I do not know what you are refering to, but deja vu deals with the past (having been some place or done something) and a premonition deals with "seeing" the future...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I believe dejavu to be a message from the subconscious to conscious that the scene you are experiencing has been experienced before. When we experience something, the neurons in our brain are triggered uniquely and in a specific order, and then that pattern is stored as memory. When we experience something a second time, all of the same specific neurons are "aligned" in the same order, but when this is stored, our brain recognizes the exact repetition of memory. The "symptoms" of dejavu support this. I have dejavu often, and when I do, my senses usually close up a little, as if in a dream; the scene doesn't feel real. This seems to be because when the brain recognizes the repetition, it treats the new memory as a dream because that's what dreams are, our awareness of our short-term memory changing to long-term memory, in essence a playback of the day.

In saying this, there's a possibility that the brain can misinterpret a scene and record it as the same as an older scene. There's also the possibility that the memory the brain is comparing against might be wrongly recorded, which makes sense why with many dejavu-s, you can't remember when you've seen the scene before.

Now, I said "I believe dejavu to be a message from the subconscious to conscious that the scene you are experiencing has been experienced before" and that could mean your brain is in error or that two experiences are similar enough to create it, but it could also mean you have solely experienced it within your mind, a premonition. I am convinced in this because I, unlike most, know when my day-dreams or thoughts, and sometimes even experiences, are premonitory. So, at those times I write down what I feel could become a dejavu. In many of these "visions" I can even see myself experiencing dejavu. In some of the "visions" I have even realized that I was watching myself and tried telling myself things in the past, a complex conundrum. Many of these "pre-dejavu-s" have come to pass but some have not. Many that I thought impossible due to changes in circumstances that were obviously present in the "pre-dejavu" happened through twists in my life anyway. The absence of some of my foreseen dejavu-s makes sense because they were obviously affected by some of the large changes in my life.

I have also experienced bouncing dejavu-s and repeating ones. The term "repeating dejavu-s" is self-explanatory. I call bouncing dejavu-s bouncing because they begin with a simple, probably biologically-caused dejavu. Later I will experience the same dejavu but at the same time experience a "pre-dejavu" of the next time I will have it. Looking from a disconnected perspective, I experience something throughout time repeatedly, differing only slightly, so that each time I realize it, I realize all the others, or at least the next one.

The one thing I'm sure of concerning premonitions, is that the human mind has an innate, higher functioning sense of the most probable outcome of any situation. I don't know if this is because of its mysterious ability to sense and possibly manipulate energy, but I have experienced it too much to discount it. Lastly, throughout this post, I've used the terms scene and experience, seen and felt, interchangeably but it is possible to have a solely visual dejavu

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
simesheef

i had no idea that you were so insiteful but my opinion on premonitions is the it is our "hidden" sixth sence as to deja vu i dont know thats why i asked

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I guess I used to have both of these while growing up. Many deja vu experiences also seemsd to have some type of feed back or echo and would make me sick. I would be hearing peoples voices a few seconds before they spoke. Not a very pleasant experience. Other deja vu experiences just seemed rehearsed or repeated like some boring script.

The movie Groundhog day is a good example, a clever movie and one of my favorites for some odd reason.

Premonition seems to be more lacking in my life as having been credible. I don't have people knocking on my door telling me I was some psychic guru. Premonition can also be gut feelings and logic. Someone may be trying to contact and warn us. The movie White Noise was a good example.

The movie Premonition with Sandra Bullock was also interesting as she was the one who caused the event by being a "handicapped psychic" Kinda like an evil wishmaster twist. ( make me psychic)

Than there was the other twisted popular movies where fate finds you if you miss your apponted time of death.

I don't think all science fiction movies are purely fiction, but they do make many of us wonder about it anyway. I've sen a few movies I would now swear were based on my own life. No shares in any royalties so far that I'm aware of either.

I wonder how many books and movies are actually written by therapists?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
you have an amazing story one which enlightens me in away i cant explain

new topics

top topics

join