It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hang in there, we are so close.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The world is sh!t and whoever isn't f**king asleep know's this.

I just had a great conversation with an older couple, one who says he is working is retirement job (oh the irony) and one who had recently lost her house and her mothers savings to her idiotic husband do to him borrowing against their home equity. They both were in their 70's. I walked in to the smoking section of a restaurant to bum a cig and strike up a conversation with some experienced human beings. We all agreed how f**ked this world is and that 75% are totally asleep from reality of this. It was really a great moment for me being only 22. To actually level with them.

But, I sense some hope because of a few things.

We are close to the real space age, not the gov't controlled one we have lived in.

Silicon Valley Billionaires are planning to form their own social experimental societies on floating cities in the pacific ocean. Look it up, it's the real deal. It's the test for a space based society.

These people know we HAVE to get to space and break the from the chains. This is the ONLY way humanity has a chance to remain in good form.

We are also close to anti aging which is huge for obvious reasons.

So what do you do?

Wait patiently, keep up you're health, don't act out irrationally or attract unnecessary attention to yourself, keep thinking freely and educate yourself.

I say we, as in the awaken and moral leave this place. I say we defect from this tyranny and ignorance. Let it collapse. It's inevitable.

Some of you may say, why? why not try to educate and reform?

The masses have the info, have the resources, have the means, have the time. Yet, nothing, nothing has changed, nothing will until it collapses. Good luck to all who think good controlled change is possible.

As soon as it's remotely possible to live outside of this world I'm out of here. I will lay dormant for year's and return hopefully to a new world. If it hasn't changed for the better, so be it. We (the defectors) will be part of one of the greatest societies ever in human history. Anything will be possible through our technology and mentality.

Sigh,

I'm a 22 year old American and this is what I feel in the year 2009!? Where have we gone? Why have we forgotten so much? This isn't going to be a revolution, it's going to be an evacuation.

In case all of what I said never happens in my life time, I fear. I fear not my enemies. I fear what happens when I am cornered, trapped, imprisoned into this way of life. I fear what I may do. Who I may become. When it comes down to it, I will be cold, calculating and relentless. When consciousness of reality cannot be maintained. We lose it and become a force of nature.

Sorry for the rambling and all. It was pure flow of consciousness.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I wish i could have been there with you guys.

I feel as if this life is like the twilight zone.

I want to escape!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

Escaping is what so many do day after day through many means. But all come crashing down to the same planet and reality. Hopefully space will offer the only real escape.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStar86

quit whining and blaming others.
our culture is a direct reflection of what we are like on the inside.

start changing yourself on the inside.
each one of us.

you want to fix the culture? fix the psychological defects and evolve past being a robotic automaton based on animalistic tendencies like constant mindless humping eating ego-boosting, pride envy and anger.

it's tough.

try it.

-

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I don't want to live in space.

I want to live here.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Quit Whining? F**ck that. I have a voice. Isn't that what you are doing in your post?

Blaming others? I haven't blamed anyone. I have come to the reality of our situation as a people.

Start changing myself? If I were more different than most I would probably take my own life in frustration of being misunderstood and lonely.

When did I say I was going to "fix" anything?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I agree, but not in these times or with the masses of today.

I'd rather terra form Mars

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

It's not tough at all. Its very simple. People make it tough for themselves. Well, I dunno, I might be wrong, but I feel I was just born this way. If there is something needing to be done, just do it, right. If you tell yourself it won't be easy, it probably won't be easy. Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
"There's no fate but what we make for ourselves."

Nice quote, from a nice movie, about nice things.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStar86

Quit Whining? F**ck that. I have a voice. Isn't that what you are doing in your post?

Blaming others? I haven't blamed anyone. I have come to the reality of our situation as a people.

Start changing myself? If I were more different than most I would probably take my own life in frustration of being misunderstood and lonely.

When did I say I was going to "fix" anything?

Hmm.
How to respond to this?
Well, beyond the fact that you are vulgar, immature and rude.
You state that as a 22 year old (read KID) you have judged humanitys state and found it beyond repair. Thanks for all of those years of wisdom buddy.
Then the "When did I say I was going to "fix" anything?" comment really establishes your maturity level and grasp of reality.

"I don't like my life. I'm running away."
Attitude shown by every angry kid the world over.

Then you said this.
"Start changing myself? If I were more different than most I would probably take my own life in frustration of being misunderstood and lonely."
Once again. A universal feeling for youth. You feel just like most others feel. You're not the Lone Ranger.

You seem to think that the world was sunshine and buttercups at some point in the past and somebody screwed it up just before you came along. Don't buy into it. Life sucks at times and people have been doing the same stupid things throughout history. You just dont realize that you are in the same place that billions before you have been in. It gets better but that is a slow step by step thing that you learn as you grow up. There is no quick fix.
You are YOUNG you have a lifetime to look forward to and you want to run away already? Grow a pair and get out there and live a life. There ain't no spaceships coming to save you from reality.

And just a word of advice watch the language.
Vulgarity demonstrates an inability to communicate without emotional involvement, which goes right back to demonstrating immaturity.
It really won't help any point you try to make. It will just get you ignored by the people wou want to communicate with.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

And just a word of advice watch the language.
Vulgarity demonstrates an inability to communicate without emotional involvement, which goes right back to demonstrating immaturity.
It really won't help any point you try to make. It will just get you ignored by the people wou want to communicate with.

Thank you.
Nicely said.
Obviously not only is the OP unable to follow simple rules - like NO VULGARITY ON ATS - but in his/her imaturity is in great fear of the life before them.
That or just likes to whine.

*P*E*A*C*E*

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm not trying to be vulgar for the sake of being vulgar. I'm just writing what I think, not what bs most people give to the world when asked for their opinion. I'm tired of these retarded social rules where a word is sin. Shut up, if a word makes you uncomfortable then that is PATHETIC.

Look at yourselves, looking down on me for giving a damn and expressing myself. You should be ashamed. I love how older people shake their heads at kids who just do as their told with no question and shake their heads at the kids who have a little fire in them. Why don't you people just roll yourselves into the nursing home now and do us all a favor. You had your chance to do something and yet look where we are now. PATHETIC.

I didn't come into this world with this attitude or belief. I was molded into this from my environment. The environment you created or at least maintained.

Get the hell out of the way.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I'm not trying to be vulgar for the sake of being vulgar. I'm just writing what I think, not what bs most people give to the world when asked for their opinion. I'm tired of these retarded social rules where a word is sin. Shut up, if a word makes you uncomfortable then that is PATHETIC.

It's not sin. Being vulgar does have a time and place, and your posts aren't one of them.

Look at yourselves, looking down on me for giving a damn and expressing myself. You should be ashamed. I love how older people shake their heads at kids who just do as their told with no question and shake their heads at the kids who have a little fire in them. Why don't you people just roll yourselves into the nursing home now and do us all a favor. You had your chance to do something and yet look where we are now. PATHETIC.

Why are you getting so whiny because someone else expressed their opinion and it didn't agree with yours? Sorry about that. Life sucks, get a helmet.

"A little fire in them"? You think that's you? Your posts so far have shown everyone that the "fire" you have is laziness. You don't want to work for change, you want someone to do it for you.

So what your saying is that the older generation should have prepared everything for you so you can just kick back and relax without a care in the world? And you call them pathetic?

I didn't come into this world with this attitude or belief. I was molded into this from my environment. The environment you created or at least maintained.

And you don't want to roll up your sleeves and change things; it's easier to run off and hope someone else does the work for you?

Get the hell out of the way.

Outstanding idea. Move out and draw fire.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
man, we really dont know what is out there ... I dont think conquering the space would be the best idea ... there are some organizations that knows something about the space but erverything is keeped in secret ... that sucks ... you just cant think what we could do, or what we couldnt do because we dont know # ...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It will be nice when something crazy does happen so it will wake up all these zombies living among us. Maybe some real conflict for the everyday person is just what the human race needs!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Sorry for the rant, the vulgarity and personal attacks on fellow members.

It's just frustrating reading about all of this doom/gloom and to go walk among society, watch them as if the only thing they care about is how they are going to pay off their enormous personal debt. I more would look past of all their personal problems and realize unless we change our ways now many generations will suffer the same problems we are now and have been.

top topics

join