It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we harness energy or is it just brain activity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I'm not the only person who can experience this but I'd just like to get a feel for if any of you have experienced this...

We all know the human body is essentially producing energy as its working.
For some other people...a favorite song (usually a song they really enjoy and get into, something almost "epic") when played can trigger a "tingly" sensation throughout the whole body followed by "goosebumps" and or hair standing up as well (arms, legs, head) as it almost feels like a wave of electricity is just flowing through your body. I call it a rush because it is short-lived before diminishing. Now obviously this has something to do with the brain (as everything mainly does). Now I say 'feeling of power" because thats exactly what it feels like...an overwhelming sensation of essentially adrenalin related power it feels like. Unstoppable, complete motivation. It's short-lived but can come back immediately after the first "rush". Now like i was saying, most people (if they experience this) usually experience this while listening to intense music they enjoy. I can give myself the sensation whenever, wherever by almost entrancing myself in my thoughts, however, it seems music has the most predominant impact to truly unleash the feeling.

Funny enough...I mention serotonin because low levels of serotonin lead to depression, mania, etc...Mainly depression which happens to be the complete opposite feeling of the "rush" sensation. Feeling low, guilty, sad...etc. Therefore I believe they are related. I've tried using positive and negative thoughts as well, both work, although I cannot tell which one feels better, if any do.

Now I'm not saying power like we all can blow through walls, i'm just saying power as in natural energy, a life-force.

Clearly I wouldn't come on here without presenting some sort of information...here are a few others who have described similar accounts.

'rush' forum

I suggest sitting in a quiet room, listen to a favorite song that really hits you and just meditate essentially...i'm no krishna, hippie, or spiritual god here...just giving you the same tools I've used.
This is actually a good way to test yourself to see if you feel what i'm trying to say.

Its hard to tell because it hits you so fast where it comes from but you feel it in your back, legs, arms, and feel almost like a static pull against your hair as it stands up on your head. It may sound crazy to some and others may throw daggers at me for it but everything is full of energy, is it so hard to believe that maybe we do have some actually within us?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
qi gong

martrial arts

yoga

yes we do harness energy/qi/prana, have done for thousands of years, its well documented, and science now admits it.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I can do this also, at will over and over if i wish. Lately i have been doing this while touching my girlfriend. I don't tell her i just wait to see if she notices. She has not yet felt it as far as I know. I have no idea what "it" is though. I have been able to do it as long as I can remember.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Yes I also have a similar experience. For me it seems it originates from the middle of your spine, and spreads throughout the body. I can do it during meditation, listening to music, but also try it when hearing some sort of motivational speech.

Sometimes it gets so strong you can feel it numbing your cerebellum, and eventually numbing you whole head. It definitely feels like a rush/high and incredible feeling.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It would be interesting to know if while getting the feeling, you could touch someone and perhaps transfer the feeling???

might be another good test.

but glad to hear others have experienced this. I certainly agree that it is almost euphoric...

new topics

top topics

join