It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Feeling A Sense Of Dread About The Coming Inauguration?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I believe it's natural for many of us to have concerns about the inauguration.

This is a most historical moment for our country. Add to that our poor economy and frayed nerves I for one will be glad when it's over.

I hope and pray it will be peaceful and nothing bad happens. I didn't support Obama but I do support my country.

If something goes wrong we will have hell to pay.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I hear that. It makes me woozy to think of being there. But you GOTTA know that the security is like nothing we can imagine. When I see Obama get off the train on TV, I cringe a little because he SEEMS to be unprotected for a moment, but then I remind myself that everyone within a mile has been through a metal detector and I see everyone crowding around... I don't think there's any way someone could get to him.

That's the problem. Modern tech can still hit in on that mile. Sniper rifles can hit from 2.5 miles in good conditions from what I've seen. Add in Radiological or pure nuclear attacks, and that mile safe zone quickly is negated. Yes, many sensors are deployed to try and detect them if they are out there, but they can only try. Enough shielding or having been predeployed would nearly negate this (by predeployed I mean moved in in small pieces and kept in a basement or something like that until it is "deployed" again).

Knowledge is great to have, but at times it also serves to be a source of agitation. Sadly that knowledge is freely accessable to all parties and the good knowledge can easily be used for evil.

I pray nothing happens tomorrow, but, like those Red Cross stations I saw someone talk about, I'm on alert.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I know that there is many ways to detect guns and bombs and many, many military personnel will be doing that. But how would they detect a biological agent? With as many millions of people that are going to be there that would be the way they could spread a disease to the entire country. Not to just DC. People would carry it to every corner of the country.

Please understand that I am not trying to be a fear monger.

40 members of the Talaban (yes, I don't know how to spell it!) just died of the plague. It would only take one of them with a test tube of that stuff to start a pandemic.

This is what I am truly worried about.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What was everyone so worried for? WHy is everyone on here always so worried about something happening when nothing ever does? Its sad.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Certain degrees of worry are always there man. If you think we're bad, the US government spent $170 million on security and Bush declared a National Emergency.

As for inauguration, glad to see that nothing big happened there. Now to let the poor guy get down to business.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
SO where are all the idiots on here that kept saying that Bush was gonna declare martial law or that the US would go to war to keep Obama from taking power? Speak up!! Im calling you out. Feel stupid much now? Paranoid delusional much?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join