It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Feeling A Sense Of Dread About The Coming Inauguration?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Elijio

I trust you. I also verify! Nothing personal!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I wonder of those of you who have a bad feeling about the Inauguration, how many of you supported Barack Obama? Is there ANYONE who supported him that feels this sense of dread?

I have HUGE feelings about the inauguration, but they are feelings of excitement and hope. I don't think anything bad is going to happen in DC. I think it's going to be one hell of a party.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If it is just going to be a big party why does there need to be more of our troops in Washington, DC than in Afganistan? Read the new thread about that one.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I didn't support him in the election because I didn't like how him and McCain could twist words around and nearly sound the same when you straightened it out, but I've come since to be more...neutral I suppose is the word I can use when I talk about his actions. In some cases I even give him a thumbs up (like hopping on top of the crisis at home and letting Bush deal with the Israel crisis for now).

As for my sense of dread its more about the facts of the day. 3 million people in a place of power. Anything done there would severely hurt or cripple morale ("I mean really if our capital can't be kept safe, then..." is the thinking), not to mention leave the US weak (I mean really, you want to chop off our head and neck one of the best days is Inauguration day since most of the 3 branches would be there).

I get a little antsy every time I hear there are going to be gatherins of people in to 200k+ range in a very small area. It just doesn't take much to go wrong for a lot of people to die. It saddens me that I think that way but between the Tom Clancy novel "Sum of All Fears" and 9/11 I just come to look at those events like I do our aircraft carriers: big bullseye's for someone wanting to make a name for themselves.

Something I've noticed with this inauguration is just the sheer number of people going tied in with as much media coverage it is getting. Its getting to be too much (like with the election) and I am to the point I just don't watch the news again because of it. Report on something else for a change
and come back Monday night to tell me when they'll air the ceremony and parade. Wasn't that about what they did for Bush?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If any crazy groups are going to attack tuesday its more likely that they attack obama supporters rather than the President because it would be a lot easier.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shystargazer
If it is just going to be a big party why does there need to be more of our troops in Washington, DC than in Afganistan?

I didn't say it was JUST going to be a big party.

There are 5000 troops in DC
There are about 30,000 in Afghanistan

Big difference in those numbers.

Originally posted by Sir Solomon
I get a little antsy every time I hear there are going to be gatherins of people in to 200k+ range in a very small area.

I hear that. It makes me woozy to think of being there. But you GOTTA know that the security is like nothing we can imagine. When I see Obama get off the train on TV, I cringe a little because he SEEMS to be unprotected for a moment, but then I remind myself that everyone within a mile has been through a metal detector and I see everyone crowding around... I don't think there's any way someone could get to him.

Something I've noticed with this inauguration is just the sheer number of people going tied in with as much media coverage it is getting.

This has never happened before. This is the biggest deal Inauguration I've ever seen (and I'm old!) It's a new era for this country. He's a change from the last 8 years (which we're all tired to DEATH of), he's the first black president, he is "new" in that he's not like the other politicians who have been running the government for the past 30 years. (That is if you talk to people outside of ATS - Many of the members here think cynicism is fashionable.) But most of the country is extremely optimistic about this changing of the guard and it's a BIG DEAL. That's why it's being covered like it is.

Thanks for your answer.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Are You Feeling A Sense Of Dread About The Coming Inauguration?

Dread? No. Security is good.

Pride - pride that we can switch political parties being in charge without violence.
Unlike other places on this planet.

Disgust - disgust at those we elected, considering that there were BETTER choices.
(such as Ron Paul).

Dismay - dismay at the COST of these things.

But no dread over security matters.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I did not support Obama in his presidential bid.However Tuesday he will be the President of the United States.I am bound to support him as the President because I believe in the constitution of the united states.Unless or until he shows an utter lack of regard for our founding document.
Back to the OP.I also have an uneasy feeling about Tuesday.Not as much a fear for the new President, as a fear for the people in attendance.The use of armed services in a crowd control situation,gives me pause.That type of situation has never boded well for the huddled masses.
Anyone remember kent state? Or Memphis after the King assination?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The inauguration is being used as propaganda to usher in the new emperor of Omerica. I fear for the republic. This kind of fawning worship is exactly the sort of thing I expect to see with the coming antichrist, not that Obama is likely to be the antichrist.

Nevertheless I will pray for his success and that the good Lord grants him wisdom.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well, I don't pray or anything...

I did support Obama in the election and still do. I'm worried, but I think that is natural, because Americans are crazy and it seems that a whole lot of them would be happier if Obama wasn't around to become President, or serve as President.

Therefore, yes, I worry.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The answer to the thread question:

Yes. It has been way too overhyped. Either something happens day of, or it simply is the day that doom and gloom establish itself in the U.S. Simply that.

Edit--> Just like to add that even here in Canada and specifically Toronto, the Inagauration of Obama is being covered like the announcement of a new Pope. It's really ridiculous. Can't possibly imagine what it's like in the States.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Portugoal]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

It's being covered a lot on the news and a ton of people are going, but it's not like people are setting off fireworks or partying in the streets around here. It's intense in DC though.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I know for a fact that the Red Cross in my area have been put on alert. All volunteers are on standby, just incase something does happen.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
People are going in bus loads to DC from Toronto. The University is going to be empty tomorrow. American or not, people are really attracted to this event.

I just have a bad feeling. But my feelings haven't always been right so...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Biblical prophecy suggests that the antichrist will receive what appears to be a fatal wound, but then make a 'miraculous' recovery. After that the AC will be fully indwelled by satan and the world suffers as a consequence.

So yes I would be worried about Obama. There is just too much insane focus on his role as a savior. This could tend to bring out the crazies. Unfortunately the poor guy has little chance of fulfilling the utopian fantasies of his followers.

If something does happen to him, I will start to worry, especially if it is accompanied by the aforementioned 'miraculous' recovery.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

If it is just going to be a big party why does there need to be more of our troops in Washington, DC than in Afganistan?

I didn't say it was JUST going to be a big party.

There are 5000 troops in DC
There are about 30,000 in Afghanistan

Big difference in those numbers.

Not really. Those 5,000 troops are going to be part of a 42,500 man strong squad of armed security agents, BH. 42,500 > 30,000

If we can take anything away from that, it's that Barack Obama elicits the risk of a greater threat to security than does the freaking Taliban.

As for the OP, any dread I feel is centered around the dismal feelings I have towards 4 years under this goober's thumb. I hope and pray he does a great job, but I have pretty damn low expectations for him.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I heard it from very reliable sources that during the ceremony as soon as Obama has spoken the heavens will open and a fleet of flying saucers will descent and hover above Washington forming the star of David. The center disk will be bigger than the rest and it will send a beam of light into Obama declaring him the saviour of mankind.

Dont ask for my source for this, its a secret!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
I heard it from very reliable sources that during the ceremony as soon as Obama has spoken the heavens will open and a fleet of flying saucers will descent and hover above Washington forming the star of David. The center disk will be bigger than the rest and it will send a beam of light into Obama declaring him the saviour of mankind.

Dont ask for my source for this, its a secret!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
That would be awesome Waldy, but I think you may still may be coming down!

u2u me your so called source!

[edit on 19-1-2009 by b3r6a8d8]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think that perhpas many people are feeling so uneasy and ill over this is due to the way things have been going in the middle east. What do we hear from there on a daily basis pretty much? A bomb blast in a crowded market, a school, a restaurant etc etc.
Now for the first time here on our home turf we are going to have millions in one place and what is in the back of our minds but......how terrorists in the Middle East operate. Naturally we equate this gathering to those thoughts. It's the first time in our history this many people have gathered for this historic event.
So lets just let that sink in and see if we can let ourselves relax a bit. I for one do worry that perhaps something can happen. But at the sametime I can realise that MANY of the thoughts are from past news items that had nothing to do with our country.

I too like many here on ATS I'm sure, hope and pray that no one tries to hurt the people gathering there. But making myself feel ill over trying to figure it out isnt going to help me or anyone else. "Should" something happen I will need to make myself available to help in anyway I can. If I am riddled with sick feelings, anxiety and all around exhaustion how can "I" help when my people need me?

Just a thought hope it helps put things in a better light for you. xoxo stacie

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join