It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
INTRO:As a youth, my passions burning without any concept of where to direct them, any true moralistic compass, I explored the gray boundaries between right and wrong. It is easy to identify crimes against humanity, the evil that lurks inside of those who refuse to recognize the rights of others, but primarily we exist in realms where petty disputes are what separate us, trespasses that do not rise to the level of evil, which we need to learn to forgive in others and in ourselves as well. Mainly we struggle to balance our desires, that require that we develop an understanding of what is fair, what is right, and what is true.
1. Truth is the only real currency.
2. Living is defying inertia.
3. The struggle for survival is inherent to our nature.
4. You are the only person responsible for the life you live.
5. Trust is the basis on which we define our morality.
6. We do not live in a perfect world and perfection does not exist, except perhaps for God.
7. The parents that raise you and the children that you raise are the best things you will ever have going for you.
8. There needs to be a balance between women and men.
9. Virtues must be developed, and patience is the key.
10. When you let others take advantage of you, you let them take advantage of the people who love you and everyone around you.
11. Our lives depend upon the world we live in. What we do with the environment we live in is as important as the lives we lead.
12. Addictions drain the joy out of life.
13. There will always be jerks to deal with. The best thing is just do what you have to do and not let them spoil your fun. We all play the jerk now and then, some much more often than others.
14. The mind and the body get better the more you work them and the more they work.
15. If you want respect you have to give respect. You should treat others the way you want others to treat the members of your family and yourself, at least until they give you reason to treat them otherwise.
16. We must clearly discriminate between right and wrong, and understand the difference.
17. Charity enriches the world, and keeps you going, provides a place for you to invest your energies, while greed’s final rewards are inactivity, indifference, and sloth in this modern world where success can often come easy.
18. Humility keeps you grounded to reality while arrogance makes you blind.
19. Getting things done is a matter of doing. Theories are nice, but it is the ability to put them into practice that makes all the difference in the world.
20. Be just, do not be a hypocrite. Hypocrisy allows people to live by a double standard and provides them with an excuse to commit what ever horrors they deem appropriate against those they view as undeserving of equal treatment, while being just proves to others that you can be trusted and endures people to you.
21. Hard work teaches you discipline and tenacity. Working hard and doing things right are habits that have to be developed and maintained, and from which all success flows. Just remember that having fun is important too.
22. In the modern world, boredom is a serous problem.
23. An idea is a genie in a bottle, once released it has a life of its own and can have the power to change the world.
24. We live in a world of tangents.
25. True, loyal, and trustworthy friends are incredibly valuable assets.
26. We are predators by nature.
27. You can only go forward. Things can’t be taken back, once you say or do something, it can never be undone.