It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who here writes their own books and what are they about?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
i am currently writting a book it's called "werewolf moon" and its about a girl who becomes a werewolf, and she wants to find the cure. she has help from a boy who is too afraid to live his own life, so he runs away and lives with the main charater.

if you have any questions about my book please ask.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm not writing a book, but if I ever do it will be about the people I know, cos they are stranger than fiction.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
i like that its honest and not at all critcising

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It seems we have more in common than I thought Nightshade. I too am writing a book. It's progress is being suspended until I have finished a play that I am half way through writing, but it's plot line is similar in premise to your own. The main character is Lycan. He realizes his differences in a rage in which he runs away and finds himself in an unfamiliar town. He is found by a friend of the homo-extriens although she is not herself one. The conflict in the book is between the homo-sapiens, the group of united homo-extriens, and the separatist groups of Lycans and also Fyrians. The drama of the book lies in the main character and his later love who is Fyrian. I would imagine it to be a trilogy with the main title of Blood Red. The individual book names would be Dusk, Diana, and Dawn. Dusk is mainly about Fyrians. Diana is about Lycans and the growing conflict. Dawn is about the battle between the different groups and their respective victories and losses. Also, in the story both Fyrians and Lycans have developed individual dialects of English to speak to each other in. The story is based off of my and my girlfriend's ironic relationship and my relationship with other homo-extriens.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
i am just in awe i had no idea of how much we have in common. here is my email contact me sometime so we may discuss our books.

[email protected]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'm working on a book now, though very slowly. I rarely find the time to sit down and concentrate long enough to get anything of value written.

My book's entitled 'The Timewave Technicians,' and it's centered around Timewave Zero & Novelty Theory. It's about parallel worlds, time manipulation, and a post technological singularity world.

It will be the first of three books (The Timewave Trilogy): Timewave Technicians, Timewave Guardians, and Timewave Founders. The main character for the first book is Evasio Gregori, AKA: Evasius -- I'm not yet sure that he'll be in all three though.

The prologue to Book 1 is a short story entitled 'These Dark Worlds' and can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The final version may be slightly altered to cohere with the rest of the story.

[edit on 17/1/09 by Evasius]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I am writing a book called " The God Gene"

It is about a group of DNA researchers that discover that people who believe in God have a certain genotype in their DNA. This information is confisgated , and the powers of the world attempt to kill everyone with a virus that only affects that gene.

Ama

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Evasius
i have only read part of what you have written and what ive read was incredible beyond words and enough to be saved to my pc to read it all.

amatrine
i would love to read it, the things you have stated make me only want to read it more.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
evasius

What I have read of your writing, you're a great writer. I encourage you to continue. From the introduction to your prologue, I must ask, are you a fellow believer?

amatrine

I'm really interested in your writing. The writing you described sounds highly interesting.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

When you finish these, I will have a wonderful read. What an interesting concept. It would be hard to wait for the next one to come out.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I have written two books, One is titled "A Westerner's Tenets for Modern Living" where I have about 30 basic truths that I think we tend to live by, but have ever seen written down.

INTRO:As a youth, my passions burning without any concept of where to direct them, any true moralistic compass, I explored the gray boundaries between right and wrong. It is easy to identify crimes against humanity, the evil that lurks inside of those who refuse to recognize the rights of others, but primarily we exist in realms where petty disputes are what separate us, trespasses that do not rise to the level of evil, which we need to learn to forgive in others and in ourselves as well. Mainly we struggle to balance our desires, that require that we develop an understanding of what is fair, what is right, and what is true.

1. Truth is the only real currency.
2. Living is defying inertia.
3. The struggle for survival is inherent to our nature.
4. You are the only person responsible for the life you live.
5. Trust is the basis on which we define our morality.
6. We do not live in a perfect world and perfection does not exist, except perhaps for God.
7. The parents that raise you and the children that you raise are the best things you will ever have going for you.
8. There needs to be a balance between women and men.
9. Virtues must be developed, and patience is the key.
10. When you let others take advantage of you, you let them take advantage of the people who love you and everyone around you.
11. Our lives depend upon the world we live in. What we do with the environment we live in is as important as the lives we lead.
12. Addictions drain the joy out of life.
13. There will always be jerks to deal with. The best thing is just do what you have to do and not let them spoil your fun. We all play the jerk now and then, some much more often than others.
14. The mind and the body get better the more you work them and the more they work.
15. If you want respect you have to give respect. You should treat others the way you want others to treat the members of your family and yourself, at least until they give you reason to treat them otherwise.
16. We must clearly discriminate between right and wrong, and understand the difference.
17. Charity enriches the world, and keeps you going, provides a place for you to invest your energies, while greed’s final rewards are inactivity, indifference, and sloth in this modern world where success can often come easy.
18. Humility keeps you grounded to reality while arrogance makes you blind.
19. Getting things done is a matter of doing. Theories are nice, but it is the ability to put them into practice that makes all the difference in the world.
20. Be just, do not be a hypocrite. Hypocrisy allows people to live by a double standard and provides them with an excuse to commit what ever horrors they deem appropriate against those they view as undeserving of equal treatment, while being just proves to others that you can be trusted and endures people to you.
21. Hard work teaches you discipline and tenacity. Working hard and doing things right are habits that have to be developed and maintained, and from which all success flows. Just remember that having fun is important too.
22. In the modern world, boredom is a serous problem.
23. An idea is a genie in a bottle, once released it has a life of its own and can have the power to change the world.
24. We live in a world of tangents.
25. True, loyal, and trustworthy friends are incredibly valuable assets.
26. We are predators by nature.
27. You can only go forward. Things can’t be taken back, once you say or do something, it can never be undone.

I hope this isn't too long of an external post. This isn't something I ever expected to write, but it just insisted on being written.

My other book is about a silicon Valley tech who gets hooked on robbing banks and falls for a high class call girl, which I have adapted to s screenplay. I currently have several other projects I am working on. Lately I haven't been getting much done, but I hope to turn that around again soon.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
all of this is truely interesting and i would love to read every thing

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Chilrens books, all homemade and wonderful.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
you are right they are wonderful.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It will be a while until my book is done. I have the outline, and am in the research phase, as a lot of the information in the book will cover a few time periods, so I have to get the exact dates, and locations of these places.

I have not written a book in 15 years so this will be interesting, but I am looking forward to it.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
15 years, im 15 and i started mine when i was in 6th grade which was when i was 11 im glad you are looking forward to starting again.

new topics

top topics

join