It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

obama inauguration day 1 day after martin luther king day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
please excuse my ignorance if im being so,im from the uk so am not that up with your inaugurations as i haven't really taken that much interest untill now, however it struck me as a little contrived that obama is being sworn in the day after Martin Luther King day?however i checked when your other presidents have been inaugurated & now im even more curious as it seems that rooselvelt,eisenhower were the 1st to be sworn in on 20th jan followed by nixon & then most of the others.now do all these dates mean something numerologically or have another hidden meaning, or is it quite logical?memory.loc.gov...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The twentieth Amendment, in 1933, established January 20th as the offical innoguration day of the incoming president.

It has nothing to do with Martin Luther King Jr. Day...the two just coincide.

Numerological significance of the day....? I don't know.

Amendment XX
Section 1. The terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I think it would have been nice if there could have been an executive order this year moving inauguration up one day early. I know it would have been a major problem to push it out to later ... but I think moving it up one day early to have the Obama inauguration on MLK Day would have been wonderful.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

top topics

join