It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fathers Rights Call to Arms

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
My rights have been trampled on. My childs welfare handed over to the state, all for an empty promise of a reward system known as child support. My childs mother does not let me see my child. She says I am just a name on a piece of paper. Most child support advocates would agree. The feminist movement have imposed their rights on the protection and my family. My life has been consumed with the fear of my babies mothers irrational judgement and behavior. She uses my child against me as a form of punishment.

I have no rights as a father. They have all been imposed on. I am sick and tired of the negligence and incompetence of the legal system. I am not willing to hash it out with them anymore. They don't care. They have declared war on me and my seed. They have infringed my rights. This is my call to arms.

Barack Obama, this is your chance to change the legal policies that have dismantled our freedoms as US citizens. I will give you fair notice that policies like this need to be fixed ASAP. Otherwise my patience is running thin.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Barack Obama, this is your chance to change the legal policies that have dismantled our freedoms as US citizens. I will give you fair notice that policies like this need to be fixed ASAP. Otherwise my patience is running thin.

And what will you do if your patience runs out?

Hopefully we will not read about you resorting to violence to "fix" your situation.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I would not wish to resolve this in a violent matter. I would rather resolve it peacefully. But realistically speaking it may take force. The force of thousands of men like me, who are sick and tired of the games. Children are not a game. This issue has been taken very lightly and needs to be addressed.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

My childs welfare handed over to the state, all for an empty promise of a reward system known as child support. My childs mother does not let me see my child.

No offense but is the child with the state or the mother? Did the state take the child from you then place with the mother? What was the claim of the investigator to take the child? Is this a custody dispute?

Is their a "judge" involved in this? Ask for visitation rights. Also make agreements for what happens when one party violates the agreement. It WILL happen, probably for non-malicious reasons, if it is malicious than write down what happened. Judges are generally pretty lenient on both sides and let things work out.

P.S. Don't go postal, it does not improve the world anyway and gives the anti-gun crowd a very legitimate complaint about gun ownership and I'm on the Vector Arms list for a new Uzi and I don't want you screwing it up.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It's also been a proven fact that children, mainly boys, who grow up without father figures in their lives are far more likely to become criminals and ditch out on their kids if they have any in the future.
Fight this thing tooth and nail.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I am sorry, but most women from what I have seen, are pure evil. Seriously, I am not a guy, so don't think I am woman bashing. I haven't had a female friend since I got screwed over by female friends in high school at 15.

I have many male friends, most have been screwed over by the females they trusted. ESPECIALLY when it comes to kids. Our legal system allows for this. Even when it is in kids' best interest to be with dad, the courts still give them to mom no matter how much of a lunatic she is.

What does the dad get? Debt to child support, for kids he is not allowed to see.

Seriously, even the ones who were lied to.... I know of one person who was used by a girl who was reaching her biological clock, to get pregnant. She got pregnant, ditched him, and now he is in debt to her for the rest of his life for a kid that he has not seen.

I have no idea why more men are not gay.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
No her mother has used the legal system and the legal system has catered it to exactly what she wants. She does not have to let me see my child if she doesn't want. All I can do is nod my . and say ok. She filed a restraining order against me and is noncoompliant as am I. But if I spill the beans, I do the time in jail. Not her. She uses that to her advantage. Me and my half of the family have no choice but to let her have her way. If she does not want me to see my child. I don't get to see her. My court case has been thrown out because of this order. I can not file anything because she has a restraining order in place. I can not report her. I can not file contempt. I can't do anything.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Actually as the father you do have rights.Visitation rights have nothing to do with child support payments.As a matter of fact if your baby's mother is with holding your visitation rights SHE can be taken to court and could possibly recieve jail time. I went through 18 years dealing with an ex wife.I was never in arrearage on my support.She tried to control my visitation.I documented every phone call and arguement.I took her to court and the judge extended my visitation to every weekend and all the summer vacation months.When the kids came of age of choice they opted to live with me.
I will give you this piece of advise.For the welfare of your childs social devlopment.Never say anything bad about their mother when there is a chance they could hear you. They are a part of her as much as they are a part of you.

Hang tight with your obligations bro. Your children will never have to look down on you.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

No offence, but since this is the internet and none of us know you face to face, how do we know that there wasn't a very legitimate reason that the order was put in place, and that all of your court filings were rejected?

There are two sides to every story. I'm sorry but I would neither support you no denounce you without actually knowing you in person.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Same here! This country needs to look to truly progressive countries like Sweden and Denmark, where males are guaranteed mandatory maternity leave to participate in child-rearing, and other incentives. Most guys I've seen are quite happy to be a part of family life. I used to work with a guy with two kids he has not seen in more than 10 years; the mother flipped out and took off and has not been tracked down in years. The oldest is over 18 so her payments are terminated but he has had no success is getting visitation fo the youngest, no one seems to know where she is anyway. He's lived in poverty for many years making support payments to another state and the money has been sitting untouched in the state account because the mother hasn't drawn it or stopped his payments. He'd give anything to see that girl and no one wants to help, states definitely are biased against males.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Thanks. I am playing the waiting game. I have been unemployed for over seven months. But I have been looking for work. Times are tough and work is not easy to find. I have a college degree which right now seems to be hurting me more than any good because I can not get a normal job. Even so, I would not get anything from my paycheck after garnishments at 7 or 8 an hour.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Asmeone2

Sorry my reply buttons not working. Basically she got the restraining order as a result of my threatening to kill myself. I was trying to give her a reality check and it backfired.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You have pretty reliable hi-speed internet?

I got an idea for work, if ya are open minded and want to give it a try working for yourself at home?

Either way... I wish you luck with your situation. It is sick when kids are used as a form of control over others. But it is just so common.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Asmeone2

Sorry my reply buttons not working. Basically she got the restraining order as a result of my threatening to kill myself. I was trying to give her a reality check and it backfired.

That is a horribly selfish thing to do.

First of all I think it is emotionally manipulative to say to someone "You do this or I will kill myself--" especially when there is a child involved in the mixture. Even if you didn't actually intend to do it, do you want your child growing up wondering if Dad is going to off himself?

Secondly, even if you didn't intend to do this, with the dramatic increase in murder/suicide cases I do not blame her for filing an order and the courts for granting it.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

I am pretty open minded. Actually I prefer to have that kind of control. I do video, web and graphic design, however right not in my demographics it's pretty cut throat right now finding work.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Yes I know. In hindsight I would have done things differently. I threatened to shoot myself. I don't even own a gun. I was drinking that night, later I was awakened to cops with flashlights in my bedroom. But in my defense, I was struggling to make ends meet. After garnishments and everything else, I had a negative income and I was starving.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Yes I know. In hindsight I would have done things differently. I threatened to shoot myself. I don't even own a gun. I was drinking that night, later I was awakened to cops with flashlights in my bedroom. But in my defense, I was struggling to make ends meet. After garnishments and everything else, I had a negative income and I was starving.

If you know what you did was wrong and you admit that you did not handle the situation well, then please, do not go around blaming the system.

This is "cause and effect." You should not make violent threats, with the interest of making someone beleive you intend to carry them out, and expect that you won't be called out upon what you say.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by asmeone2]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Just to follow up with that. I was very suicidal for a while. I sat in my car pumping the carbon minoxide into my window for several minutes about six months ago and decided I could not allow myself to do that. Because my child would never know why and would never get to know me and I promised to fight for her from the day she was born, so I don't really consider that option anymore.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Because I have been in the system far longer than that. It is the root of many of my problems. There aren't to many ways around it. Starving is not fun, neither is being homeless or sleeping outside.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Because I have been in the system far longer than that. It is the root of many of my problems. There aren't to many ways around it. Starving is not fun, neither is being homeless or sleeping outside.

What do you mean, you have been in the system longer?

Does that mean you have been in jail?

Or that you have a previous divorce with children, besides this one?

Please elaborate, help me understand her.e

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join