It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, from the very nippy ND (CCCCold!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I have been a lurker for years, but a couple of recent posts made me finally decide to join. The first was the yellowstone post, not just the info, but all the research you have done to help us understand the whole phenomenon!

The other post was the one regarding suicide, its so traumatic to those involved, it makes you feel so alone in your grief, but when we went through it the thing that really surprised me was how many of my friends and neighbors had the same thing happen in their own family. We live in a very small community, (less then 300, and thats including our cats and dogs) everybody knows everybodies buisness, yet nobody knew how many people in town had gone through the very same thing. I was not ashamed to tell people what happened, I wish more people could open up about it because when people started telling me their stories I knew they honestly understood what I was going through which helped tremendously.

Well this is allready getting longer than I intended, (I tend to ramble when I'm tired).

So to end this on a happier note, I hope to poke around a bit and make some new friends that share some of my rather strange interests!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hi there Rose
Well at least this weekend will treat ya abit better , suppose to get above freezing. Finally!! At least ND doesn't have earthquakes !

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Thank you for the welcomes! And you are correct about the lack of earthquakes, they fascinate me, yet terrify me at the same time. We don't get hurricanes or tsunamies here either.

We do get an occasional twister, I've been through 2 small twisters and alot of straight line winds. We also get blizzards and snirt storms. Kinda boring compared to the stuff in the first paragraph, but I can handle boring.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Dakota welcome,

Have fun and grow to, and help us to with your contributions.

Looking forward to your posts.

Please do go here everything you need to know is there somewhere

FreshPersons Forum

Saves a lot of time, and helps a lot.

You can ask Mods for help just u2u them, or post on the Freshman's Forum.

Enjoy

Elf

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hi there!!

Welcome to ATS!

I feel you will be a great addition the the wonderful site that is ATS.

I cant wait to check out your threads and read your posts.

anyway, I recommend that you just dive right in and emerse yourself in all the threads that interest you.

I hope that you succeed in finding your truth.

Welcome to ATS my friend.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Welcome to ATS.

you are a man of few words!!

yes, welcome to ats, i checked the weather in some towns in ND and I'm glad I don't live there!!

[edit on 1/16/2009 by hikix]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS as a member.

I hope you will impart knowledge to us as we will to you.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
By the way, just how cold is it in North Dakota?

Here in Dallas its 41 Degrees. Feels like 36 degrees though (according to the local news.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
welcome to ATS rose
may you time on here be long and interesting.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dakota Rose

Hi Dakota Rose, and welcome to ATS a place where millions come to visit and share their ideas, facts, problems and solutions. So much for global warming LOL.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Thanks again everyone! I have been reading for days now, and I am hoping to catch up on all threads before "2012", I doubt that will happen though, information overload!

Our weather has indeed improved, we were in the -30's last week, (-50's with wind chill). Now this week we are going to hit 30 above! Dec. broke all sorts of records for snowfall amounts and below average temps.

Now I am going to sneek back into my hidey hole till I can find a thread I can respond to without sounding like a total noob.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hi Dakota Rose.

Welcome to ATS.

It's below freezing way down here in the sunny South. Parts of Florida are under a hard freeze warning also.

Please don't send us anymore cold weather.

Enjoy yourself here.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well welcome, I'm glad you finally decided to get in the game! I look forward to hearing more of your perspective.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

There's no excuse for being cold. We're in the midst of global warming!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS D.R.

I'm from just outside Minneapolis, and yes it's been a very cold winter so far, but it's going to warm up this week. and after it hitting 46 on Jan 31, I can't wait til spring.

top topics

join