It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Long Worst President Ever; 10 Reasons History Will Hang You

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Andrew Jackson is the worse president ever.

Bush is a bad guy, but he's not a genocidal maniac.

I ran Bush #2, for what it's worth.

Hahaha, that's so ridiculous, Andrew Jackson is the only President in American history to pay down the U.S. debt completely. The worst Presidents are the Presidents you hardly hear of, and again Bush and certainly not Jackson are no where near that bottom of the list. Seriously read an actual history book on Jackson, aside from the trail of tears he was actually quite fantastic, and he had many comical encounters with some Congressmen, he even beat one with his cane for the congressman more or less calling his wife a whore.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Andrew Jackson is the worse president ever.

Bush is a bad guy, but he's not a genocidal maniac.

I ran Bush #2, for what it's worth.

Hahaha, that's so ridiculous, Andrew Jackson is the only President in American history to pay down the U.S. debt completely. The worst Presidents are the Presidents you hardly hear of, and again Bush and certainly not Jackson are no where near that bottom of the list. Seriously read an actual history book on Jackson, aside from the trail of tears he was actually quite fantastic, and he had many comical encounters with some Congressmen, he even beat one with his cane for the congressman more or less calling his wife a whore.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by yellowcard]

Yeah "Old Hickory" also took on the banksters so many here on ATS bemoan. He closed down the equivalent of the Federal Reserve considering their organization to be nothing but thieves and leeches. He realized early on they were trying to rule the country by controlling the money supply.

Yes he was an Indian killer too! But he was a man of the people and one Bad MFr!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo StraussYeah "Old Hickory" also took on the banksters so many here on ATS bemoan. He closed down the equivalent of the Federal Reserve considering their organization to be nothing but thieves and leeches. He realized early on they were trying to rule the country by controlling the money supply.

Yes he was an Indian killer too! But he was a man of the people and one Bad MFr!

I would put him in my top 10 Presidents actually, the man had balls.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well uh... I ain't gonna defend BUSH.

BUT....................

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
the community reinvestment act of 1977 and democrats demanding that poor people get loans for houses is what caused the economic collapse. not bush. so you lose on that part.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Where'd your '9' and '10' go?
Sorry, but the President is not responsible for all the woes in our country.
He's responsible for the financial mess we're in? Seriously?
Do you realize how little the President has to do with our free market economy?

Also, your "1" and "2" are one in the same.
Oh, and history doesn't need to hang Bush because he's already been hung. Haven't you seen the news?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox

Where'd your '9' and '10' go?
Sorry, but the President is not responsible for all the woes in our country.
He's responsible for the financial mess we're in? Seriously?
Do you realize how little the President has to do with our free market economy?

Also, your "1" and "2" are one in the same.
Oh, and history doesn't need to hang Bush because he's already been hung. Haven't you seen the news?

The 9 & 10 are in the linked article check it out. I left them out to cut down the length of the original post.

The President is responsible for setting the tone of the administration. His complete lack of interest in enforcing existing laws and regulations set the table for the thieves of Wall St to rape and pillage the financial sector of our country. He cut the funding of the SEC and stripped the agency of their teeth and discouraged any and all oversight. If you are honest you will admit this has been the overriding theme of his leadership. Perhaps that is why he was chosen by the PTB. Hands off yeah right...hands way off of any regulation that did not serve his wealthy friends.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

10 Reasons History Will Hang You

The departure G.W Bush made from other presidents is that his government dispensed with the pretence of giving a damn about what any other head of state / government thought of his actions.

Without the presence of a true rival globally , they proceeded to do what they liked.

This is not the first U.S government or president to preside over ....

Utter refusal to protect the health, safety and legal rights of [add Country]
rejection of human rights
foreign policy mistakes
financial crisis
recession
abuses of power

Though in the past, these things were visited upon other countries, now it is the U.S citizenry which are subject to these "forces".
Forces which have been honed in South America /Africa /Asia and the Middle East throughout the 20th century.

Bush played the game in plain sight ,history teaches us that the presidents that preceded him ..... did not , ......we had to wait 30 years after a F.O.I , by then its just consigned to the history archives.

Not sure if Obama represents a return to "soft power" , but anything would appear subtle compared to the last administration.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Nah, G 'it ain't rocket surgery' W isn't the worst president of the United States of Earth...

That honor goes the Jimmy Carter, a brilliant man, but an absolute awful president!

He simply didn't understand what a crazy, hypocritical world we live in.

Jimmy's greatest defect... His honesty!

You go Jimmy, make sure there are valid elections everywhere in the world!

When you get done... Why don't you come home and get us just a LITTLE FREEDOM! You know... clean up King County/Seattle Washington. Judges openly accepting FORGED documents... Jim Crow is alive and well here. Not to mention good old fashioned corruption... (Don't get me started!
)

All that rah rah crap about rights, freedom, yada yada yada, is just total BS!

$ is king.

I have friends that can NOT get a building permit cuz they can't afford the BRIBES.

Jimmy, if you're hearing me... I've got access to ALL of the case/permit numbers.

You would think the FBI could help, but they can't really do anything until 'We have to catch' (them) 'accepting the money!'. What do you guys DO all day?

We are getting greased down here at the bottom of the pyramid. Trickle down economics... I don't think that's rain.

Anyhow...

I vote for Jimmy!

[edit on 17-1-2009 by golemina]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
They are all to blame. Yeah, Bush sucks, but so do the rest of them.

I'd love to see everyone in congress have the fingers lopped off so they could no longer finger point.

Obama is in for a bumpy ride himself. We ALL are.

After all, Bush may be out, but you still have 99 percent corrupt idiotic criminals in power in every facet of our government.

THIS is what history will prove.

We are simply trading in one "Ring-leader" for another in this "Circus" of a government we are all at the mercy of.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I find it so amusing reading all the posts from the Bush loyalists as they re-arrange the deck chairs on Titanic.

Ah denial, what a delightful place to be. I'd love to go back and visit except I quit drinking.

Here are 10 reasons for ya................

regards.....kk

[edit on 18-1-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits? Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does. You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does. You and I don't write the tax code. Congress does. You and I don't set fiscal policy. Congress does. You and I don't control monetary policy. The Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president and nine Supreme Court justices - 545 human beings out of the 300 million - are directly, legally, morally and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered but private central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman or a president to do one cotton- picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it.

No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

A CONFIDENCE CONSPIRACY

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a SPEAKER, who stood up and criticized G.W. Bush ALONE for creating deficits.

The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it. The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes.

Who is the speaker of the House? She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow Democrats, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto.

REPLACE THE SCOUNDRELS

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts - of incompetence and irresponsibility. (and all should be convicted of dereliction of duty as defined by their oath of office, and in some cases outright treason.)

I can't think of a single domestic problem, from an unfair tax code to defense overruns, that is not traceable directly to those 545 people

When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair. If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red. If the Marines are in IRAQ, it's because they want them in IRAQ.

There are no insoluble government problems. Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power.

Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exist disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation" or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible. They, and they alone, have the power. They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses - provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.

We should vote ALL of them out of office and clean up their mess.

by Charley Reese

I say purge the whole damn system clean and let them get back to doing things the way they would without all the lobbyists and DC insiders. Let them know if your colleagues get busted pulling crap like we have seen by both Rep and Dem's, then it is ALL of their damn jobs. They may police themselves a little more serious when the American Voter uses their head instead of voting in the MSM's darling and not knowing a damn thing about the guy. As for Leo the leftist, Ta hell with change.

I want IMPROVEMENT

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Personally I don't think the outgoing pres should be "hanged" by history.

Both he and Cheney aught to have a little sample of "water-boarding" and maybe a few of those other "non torture" interrogation techniques that they approved applied to themselves before they ride off into the sunset.

Maybe we could get a really good confession out of them while were at it --- what was the truth about why they did all the stuff they did? Were we CT's right after-all, or not?

[edit on 18-1-2009 by wayno]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I wouldnt blame republicans there is a lot of democrates running the house to I know are government is bad in general and its going to get worse you got to remember I dont think bushs were real republicans I never liked them . I think they are all into this new world order junk to control us and take away every thing we have if you think about it we are all slaves we are forced to go to work and pay taxs on everything we are taxed to death tell me how we are free they are taking are freedom of speech away they are trying to take freedom of religion away to. what are we going to do we need to change america back.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Jesus... Are you serious?
If I saw a terrorist who had plans to kill even one person, let alone hundreds, I would do a Hell of a lot more than "water-board" him to save the lives of innocent people. In fact, your weak stomach probably wouldn't want to be in the same room after I had 10 minutes with the guy.

What would you do? Question him nicely?
Please...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I agree with all you said and will add this. The "Me" Generation born after WW2 has skull fuXXed this country. It's a generation of Americans that grew up in prosperous times and who will do almost anything to pay lower taxes at the expense of future generations. Many from this generation think they're entitled to the best of everything, well there are no free rides. Someday their bill will come due and it's current and future generations of Americans who will have to pay for their excesses.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I read the title of the thread, and thought Jimmy Carter had died.

And I can give you more than ten reasons on Carter.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
1. Worst recession since the 1930's

2. Worst financial crisis since the 1930's

I don't get how you blame Bush, not Congress.

3 Worst foreign policy mistake in the history of this country.

I disagree, if you're referring to Iraq and Afghanistan. But though Congress voted for everything Bush wanted to do, Bush's administration was terrible at getting accurate information.

4. Unprecedented rejection of human rights.

5. Unprecedented increase in inequality.

I disagree. Human rights and inequality in America have been far worse than they are now. At least he didn't send everyone of a race to concentration camps like another president, and at least Congress voted on it (FDR' concentration camps were through executive orders). Plus during WWI and WWII, did you know it was illegal to criticize the war ("obstructing recruitment").

6. Blind rejection of science.

I don't get what this article means exactly. Public policy on global warming is Congress's job, not Bush's, and there are two problems -- anthropogenic global warming is not a certainty, and government policy to stop it does little to solve it while doing great harm to the economy. I don't know about anything else, but I agree about stem cell research, as someone involved in the biological sciences.

7. Utter refusal to protect the health, safety and legal rights of Americans.

This is far, far too general (including the article and the links therein). Some regulations, while they sound nice, do harm to an industry. But you get this one as not being totally ignorant and hyperbolic.

8. Presiding over our nation's worst natural disaster, and not caring.

Katrina was not our worst national disaster, and Bush wasn't entirely responsible. Look into how the state officials, who had jurisdiction until the state emergency was declared, responded. But that said, he did a bad job, and you get this one in part.

So you're really going overboard and sounding ignorant with a lot of this. Some is valid, though. Remember that you hear the horrible things about him, but make sure that when you say that things are "unprecedented" or "the worst", they actually are, else you appear silly, like this.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Personally I don't think the outgoing pres should be "hanged" by history.

Both he and Cheney aught to have a little sample of "water-boarding" and maybe a few of those other "non torture" interrogation techniques that they approved applied to themselves before they ride off into the sunset.

Maybe we could get a really good confession out of them while were at it --- what was the truth about why they did all the stuff they did? Were we CT's right after-all, or not?

Hmmm..... So you would NEVER do ANY waterboarding, even if you were pretty sure you could get info out of a terrorist that could prevent the deaths of 1,000's of people? Quite honestly, I would start chopping off fingers if that would be what it would take to get info of that magnitude out. KSM spilled his guts out after those interrogations, to me that is a good thing.

I really have no sympathy for the feelings of a mastermind of one the worst terrorist acts ever done to Americans. I want the info out of his mind, at any cost.

You may disagree, but I will take the crippled, permanently injured terrorist over the death of hundreds or even thousands of innocent people. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Wow, so you must not have a problem with the terrorist chopping off their prisoners heads while they're still alive in front of a camera, huh?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join