It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Long Worst President Ever; 10 Reasons History Will Hang You

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

So Long Worst President Ever; 10 Reasons History Will Hang You

www.alternet.org

Thanks to Bush, we know that conservatives are not fiscally responsible, they are not for small government, they don't stand up for moral values and they won't make Americans one bit safer. Conservatives aren't even true defenders of "free markets" -- having presided over the biggest market bailout in the world.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well let's name a few reasons among many:

1. Worst recession since the 1930's

2. Worst financial crisis since the 1930's

3 Worst foreign policy mistake in the history of this country.

4. Unprecedented rejection of human rights.

5. Unprecedented increase in inequality.

6. Blind rejection of science.

7. Utter refusal to protect the health, safety and legal rights of Americans.

8. Presiding over our nation's worst natural disaster, and not caring.

Etc, etc. But if you are in the upper 1% of the American elite population he served you well. All of you wannabe Rockefellers can dream on in your McMansions but you are not part of this club! You middle management sellout are the worst. Just how exactly did you justify your superiority to the rest of us as you faithfully cheated your fellow citizens??? How do you sleep at night knowing you ruined the country you hard working parents built??

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It's really to the point where I want to punch current Bush supporters in the face. Because at this point if you still support this man or think he was a decent president, leader, or human being you have no grasp on reality and are a threat to society. I'm just happy that neo-conservatism is dead. I do like a lot of conservative values (gun rights, small government, fiscally responsible) but that entire value base got absolutely raped and had their name used in the corruption and the insanity of the last eight years. I'm also happy because now maybe the evangelicals will shut the **** up. Historians are going to look back at the jesus fried terror filled insanity of the last years and have debates about how it all could have happened. Thank god this eight year delirium is over. Now maybe we can go back to the good ol' days when the biggest problem with the executive office is whos mouth the President's cigar is in.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
some say he's criminal and even evil ...

yet i see a man bought up with a silver spoon in his mouth who is just very out of touch with reality. even now he doesn't realize the consequences of his decisions on the world.

i think, if anything, he'll possibly go down in history as proof that the american people aren't very smart sometimes.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Let's add rampant cronyism and nepotism (blackwater, enron, halliburton, etc.) the attempt to modify the judicial system towards favoring executive power (something conservatives have been working on since Reagan), the illegal removal of the elected president of Haiti, giving tax money to religious organizations, not to mention the hypocrisy of an admitted potsmoker and known coke user feeding us more of the same drug war bull#.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

having presided over the biggest market bailout in the world.

And was pushed and supported by Obama. Without him and Paulson making threats, it wouldn't have passed.

Thank you Lord Obama for giving the money to our gods, the banks.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Obama isn't even in office yet it's all his fault. What is this trend about? Is it racism or hate of "DEM LIBERALZZZ" or can you people just not admit what a # up the last eight years has been in your name with your group and your people or are you just stupid?

At least now I have a modern context to understand who was keeping the trains on time in Nazi Germany.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I am not a Bush supporter nor a Bush hater, but it is time for some reality here.

1. Worst recession since the 1930's
Congress and the financial industry need to take some of the "credit" as well - oh and dont forget the oil companies

2. Worst financial crisis since the 1930's
Congress and the financial industry need to take some of the "credit" as well - oh and dont forget the oil companies

3 Worst foreign policy mistake in the history of this country.
I can think of few others - try Kennedy his blunder almost lead to nuclear war - thank god the Soviets blinked!

4. Unprecedented rejection of human rights.
Relative to who you are - I see no proof of this - I still have the same "human rights" I had 8 years ago

5. Unprecedented increase in inequality.
Relative to who you are - I see no proof of this- I am still as "equal" as I was 8 years ago - just older now

6. Blind rejection of science.
WRONG - please research into the space exploration and scientific discoveries of the last 8 years and then get back to me.

7. Utter refusal to protect the health, safety and legal rights of Americans.
Please explain how he did any less with the power given to him than any other president - my health and safety is pretty much the same as it was under Clinton - except clinton caved to the terrorists on too many occasions so I guess I am now safer

8. Presiding over our nation's worst natural disaster, and not caring.
Last I checked this was FEMAs mess up - like blaming Reagan for the shuttle disaster when it was NASA - see - different branches my friend - oh and by the way, not caring and not succeeding- 2 different things

Hope that helps

Dorian Soran

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Dorian Soran]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is why the rest of the world looks on America with a puzzled expression.

We could have told you all of this four years ago. Thousands did.

Many other nations look at what has been happening in America and wonder where all the protests were.

I once read that Bush was "given" several companies as a young man, he was basically put in charge, and he sank them all through his irresponsibility.

I certainly didn't "misunderestimate" him, and neither did the international community.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Dude. He's a freaking senator. He played a big part in the bailout. And I'm canadian, I don't give a flying fark about democrats and republicans, both are as bad.

And what is it with you Obama's supporters? Any criticism of him and his policies are considered racism... WTF?

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Your no Bush supporter but you want to spread the blame to the Republican Congress? Well that's OK by me. Unless your meaning is that in the past 2 years the Dems are responsible for the disaster. The dems philosophy was give em enough rope and they will hang themselves which seems to me worked perfectly. Let them have what they want and let's take a look at the results. I think they speak for themselves.

Let me ask you did you vote for Bush twice?? Ha ha ha! I would bet on that

Did fail to realize that Bush shredded the constitution "that damned piece of paper"! Illegal wiretaps, before 9/11 may I remind you, Torture, extraordinary rendition, Habeas Corpus...being held without charges. Posse comiitatus

As far as inequality goes it comes down to income inequity! But feel free to dream on you are a Rockefeller!

Science: Global Warming, Refusal to sign Kyoto protocols, stem cell research etc etc

Katrina...yea well you are entitled to your opinion..."Heckofa job Brownie!"

You are deluded my friend. I hope you wake up and help us build a prosperous and just society. Sincerely! Peace!

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Dude. He's a freaking senator. He played a big part in the bailout. And I'm canadian, I don't give a flying fark about democrats and republicans, both are as bad.

And what is it with you Obama's supporters? Any criticism of him and his policies are considered racism... WTF?

Because this is American where entire gated communities are created out of fear of blacks. Where political parties create racist jingles in 2009 as a backroom laugh and a sign of comradeship. Where just a few years ago, a black person would go to jail for using the same water fountain as a white man. Also because so many of these arguments are illogical and have no basis. It's just people wanting to bash Obama for the sake of bashing Obama. I personally don't consider all of it racist but you'd be lying to your self if you didn't think that a strong portion of the Anti-Obama community is racist. Already Obama has done more good than Bush and he doesn't even have the job yet (spear-heading the stimulus package for the middle class and getting rid of the ridiculous Don't Ask Don't Tell Policy. And if you think I'm lying or a mindless Obama supporter tell me what Bush has done that's been good. What has this #'s merits been? What has he accomplished?) But then again you're a Canadian, you wouldn't know about all of that.

Wait for Obama to # up in office (which he will) before whining.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Valid points but what actually happened is irrelevant... as history is up to the graces of the one recording it.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Already Obama has done more good than Bush and he doesn't even have the job yet (spear-heading the stimulus package for the middle class and getting rid of the ridiculous Don't Ask Don't Tell Policy) But then again you're a Canadian, you wouldn't know about all of that.

Oh I know about that. The stimulus package isn't the solution IMO, but still, at least he's trying... getting rid of don't ask don't tell is great. Now i'm against his stance against the second amendment, putting ``restrictions`` isn't good if you ask me... he's for more troops in Afghanistan and probably an invasion of west Pakistan, which is not good IMO since the whole 9/11 thing is not clear yet. And I red half of Rahm's Emmanuel PNAC, The Plan: Big Ideas For America... and it's quite pathetic, democrats are gods and republicans are all to blame for. And he calls for a 3 months draft of every 18-25... which would be extended if the person wanted support from the government...

And needless to say, attacking someone because of his skin color is really retarded.

Anyway, we'll see, but with all his appointment, I'm afraid it will be the same.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

The last time I checked, it was Clinton that made the AWB that violates the Constitution. When Obama makes another AWB, I hope you attack him for violating the Constitution. That's unless you pick and choose which part of the Constitution you want protected (like most Dems).

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Here's something interesting, President Bush spent over $40 Million for his inauguration and the press had a field day with it saying it was too much. Yet Saint obama is spending well over 180 million for his coronation yet the press is surprisingly quite about this. The press is again surprisingly quiet about obama wanting to bring back sandy burger (yeah I know I screwed up his name) remember he's the one that STOLE documents from the National Archives before the 9-11 commission that could've pointed a strong finger at the clintons, why so little background checking on obamas Treasure secretary not paying taxes for over four years? If it were a republican he'd be raked over the coals. Why isn't the press questioning why the man elected claiming his for "change" is picking all clinton lackeys? President Bush might not have been the "best" President, but I seriously doubt after this next four years under saint obama he'll be listed as the worst.
www.nydailynews.com...

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Chance321]

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Chance321]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I remember George Bush's limo being egged and booed by the crowd. Most folks did not think he was elected legally in either election.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I know this will be unpopular with some, but I actually feel sorry for the guy.

I dont think he had a clue. I dont see evil, I see a not so bright good ole' boy who happened to come from a family with ties to some very powerful and not so nice people who used him.

I think when the bubble that has been created around him by those who needed to keep him insulated from the truth breaks because he is no longer of any use to them he is going to be pretty damaged by what he has done. And, by how he was manipulated.

I dont think that makes what happened under his rule any less awful. I just dont think it is entirely fair to hang the pawn. I think we should be most angry at the puppetmasters, not the puppet.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
What can one man really do? Come on, get real. He just exists so you wont notice Cheney and Bushes Daddy that ran the whole thing and the Clintons that setup the new conspiracy of economic collapse to usher in their second era of power, they are taking turns and these are alternating conspiracies and Obama appears as much like Bush but worse since he sounds articulate and that will be harder for others to figure out the real power behind the Obama mask. Bush was the HW/Cheney mask, get it?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Can't you see, this doesn't mean change? He merely picked up things the Clintons have spearheaded before, where were you in the 90's?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join