Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

OMG! California controller to suspend tax refunds, welfare checks!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I believe that the obama stimulus plan include money for the states but by the time that money is available many states will be already bankrupted.

Funny how the wealthiest in the nation within the failing financial institutions gets to be bail out first.

Nothing more than wealth distribution at the expenses of tax payer and against th tax payer.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well, situation normal. People freaking and geeking on ATS. Nothing new here.

Originally posted by Jinni
The social catastrophe is now underway! Store food, water, weapons quick before it's too late!

If you haven't started that before now, it's already too late.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Well, situation normal. People freaking and geeking on ATS. Nothing new here.

Originally posted by Jinni
The social catastrophe is now underway! Store food, water, weapons quick before it's too late!

If you haven't started that before now, it's already too late.

Current economic situation gives cause for freaking I can assure you. Only a blind person would be oblivious.

Is it too late? No it's not. Not yet. People still have a couple of weeks yet (at least).

Why do you think it's too late?

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Jinni]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I don't think the US government will let California crumble. They will give handouts. I'm sure there is a reason Cal. let's out this information....so the US has to give them money...it's a crisis. IF the FED fails to act...then the FED will be at fault.

Remember? Like the first bailout? Or how about the economic stimulus? This is nothing different.

Money will be given...i think it's almost 100 percent guaranteed. The American people have long "sold their souls" to the establishment which they are solely dependent on.

This will only prove it more.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Or only an alarmist would whip themselves into a frenzy of panic. Do so if you must I guess.... but I don't think the world is ending tomorrow.... so yeah I think you're over-reacting a tad.

P.S. What exactly is "an ignorant"?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
There is like NO MSM coverage on this.

The small LA Times article is hidden away, was released 6 hours ago and as far as I can tell no other cover of it anywhere!

De-Sensitized to economic news people don't realise the importance of this.

California is basically defaulting on its obliged payments, whilst the tax payers there are not going to get THEIR money for time worked, the BANKS will get their bailout, and no MSM.

The Californian politicians and Controllers obligation is to the people who elected them in and Pay there wages, will Arnold or the Controller or the Police not get their wages this month?

Why then should the needy, and the honest other workers not get THEIR money?

The Californian legislature should refuse its part of the bailout payment, withold the proportion that it will pay towards the bank bailout and look after its People first, not multi millionaires.

Ridiculous.

Elf.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I don't think the US government will let California crumble. They will give handouts. I'm sure there is a reason Cal. let's out this information....so the US has to give them money...it's a crisis. IF the FED fails to act...then the FED will be at fault.

Remember? Like the first bailout? Or how about the economic stimulus? This is nothing different.

Money will be given...i think it's almost 100 percent guaranteed. The American people have long "sold their souls" to the establishment which they are solely dependent on.

This will only prove it more.

I certainly remember what the US government did in New Orleans!

Don't have any faith in them. They are a bunch of NWO shills that want the destruction of 80% of population.

When the catastrophy spreads they will makes lots of excuses etc.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I wonder how many illegals on the welfare rolls will go back home now that they can't get Uncle Sugar's free money and food.

IOU's and now delaying payments. Wow.

Californication always was a leech filled state, but now the Governator and other officials seem almost proud that they are leech-filled.

And all those on welfare, where the rest of the nation gets about $250 a month in checks, Californication recipients get about $850. Oh boy, they might have to realize what it really means to be poor and jobless in the real world.

Why aren't all the music and movie stars doing a benefit or donating to the state that keeps them working? Is it not as good publicity as adopting children from poverty stricken countries? Heaven forbid they take some of their hardly earned money and help their own country's poor.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Im not american but im fairly certain that the federal government had no responsibility for new orleans, shouldnt the state its in be the one fixing it?

link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by Jinni

Or only an alarmist would whip themselves into a frenzy of panic. Do so if you must I guess.... but I don't think the world is ending tomorrow.... so yeah I think you're over-reacting a tad.

P.S. What exactly is "an ignorant"?

What are you talking about using words like 'alarmist'? Don't try that Neuro-Linguistic Programming with me!

The US economy is caput and if people realised the consequences then they would react appropriately.

Current world affairs provide a more compelling argument to make people REACT than your suggestions not to over-react.

Ignorant? If your not ignorant then perhaps you are being mischievous?

link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Sorry. I'm not asleep so don't need waking thanks
Nor am I unaware that people will likely undergo some serious hardships because of this. But you'll excuse me if I don't panic. This isn't the end of the world... I refuse to act like it is.

link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

California was already complaining about having difficulties with their budget since congress passed the bail out money to the financial istitutions.

This is no new they have been asking for money since Nov.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

The US economy is not kaput otherwise there would be no jobs! everyone would be out of work, as it stands most people still do have work.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'll state it right now.

California gets a bailout.

The only thing debatable is how long it takes.

The rest of the country will no longer just bail out companies and banks...we will now bailout ENTIRE STATES.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by David9176]

[edit on 16-1-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This is a lot bigger than people realise as a report in dec 08 shows, fight for your country come home, go for food stamps and now they wont even give you that morsel of food!!!

A top state think tank Monday put a grim human toll on the financial crisis: As the state and national economies worsen, the number of families needing government help to survive is burgeoning.

According to a first-ever study released by the nonpartisan California Budget Project, state residents are turning to public assistance in dramatic numbers. With unemployment at a 14-year high, the number of food stamp recipients has quadrupled in the last year. Welfare rolls that shed more than 500 families a month in 2007 now serve 2,240 new families each month. And tens of thousands are turning to government-funded health care following job losses and a decline in employer-sponsored benefits.

Andrea, a 30-year-old injured military veteran whose unemployment benefits just ran out, left the Sacred Heart Community Service agency with a turkey, an odd assortment of canned goods and a tub of sour cream. It will have to last, she said. A job she had lined up at a community college fell through due to budget cuts, and with a rise in prices, her food stamps don't stretch too far.

"I've given up on trying to eat every day," said Andrea, who asked that her last name not be used because she fled an abusive spouse. "I want to make sure what we have lasts for my daughter."

Mercury News

An injured war vet, looking for free food, that will be stopped now.....

With over 2000 new families since this was published.

Yea of course the government will help, helped this hero didnt it?

SICK!

Elf.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Europe
reply to post by Jinni

The US economy is not kaput otherwise there would be no jobs! everyone would be out of work, as it stands most people still do have work.

The economy IS kaput. Look at the debt, relations, forecast etc. People have jobs for now but the downsizing is well underway and people are losing their jobs everyday. investors have lost confidence, big firms won't be able to benefit from bail outs (other than for bosses to take the cash home).

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Europe

Ya think? Check out Layoff Daily and see just how many are losing their jobs every single day

link   
Is this a good thing or a bad thing and is it the only thing to truly get us out of debt? Energy is where the money is at...new "renewable" types that is. Maybe not where the money is "At"...but will be.

link   
reply to post by Resinveins

I refuse to act like it is.

Why post here? No one really cares for you sarcasm. If you don't like what is being posted in the thread..ignore it altogether. Then you can feel better about the whole 20 or so people that have posted here and go about other things of interest.

Besides...i see this as care and concern..not "end of the world" posts.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have just stopped paying my bills, this is serious, all funds going to survival now. Look up survival articles on the internet while you can and memorize them. Especially read on how to deal with rogue groups that try and steal supplies from others. While we still can people!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join