It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gran torino

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i just saw this yesterday and it was awesome. i definately reccomend it. it is about an old racist type guy that eventually befriends a hmong family living next door to him.
eastwood is funny as hell and the supporting cast is good as well. i would put this in my top 10 all time films. will definately see it again

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

I can't wait to see this movie, but will have to wait until my finances are better so I can afford it.
The movie should be in theatres for a while as it has banked over $70 million, with $23 million this weekend. It will get Oscar nominations, and that will give it legs well into Spring.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Me and my GF saw it yesterday. I was dissappointed, it was so predictable from the very beginning. And the name calling by Eastwood became boring after about the first 10 min.
There were some amusing moments but overall I found it lacked a solid story.

The young asian actors and actressess were very talented and believable.
The bad guys were very believable. To me they were the highpoint of the whole movie.

Slumdog Millionaire deserves every honor it gets.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I watched it and like it a lot. Clint was cool, and the girls were cute. Liked the song at the end too.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Decent movie and I think its Clint's last film (at least thats what he says). The plot was simple no question there but I thoroughly enjoyed his attitude and comments as directed to others in the movie. This will never beat the Outlaw Jose Wales, but a 6/10 for me.

"Get off my lawn !!!"
lol

brill

[edit on 7-2-2009 by brill]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

He has said it will probably be his last film he acts in. He will still produce and direct movies, but he has said there aren't too many really good roles for actors his age. Mr Eastwood will keep giving us movies, but he may not be the main star.

If someone does come along with a good role, Mr Eastwood would gladly act on the big screen.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

I saw it at the cinema today and it is an excellent film.

The first half is very, very funny.... i wasn't expecting so much humour... albeit very dry and acidic humour.
A very good movie though and had something for everyone... at times touching and at times blunt...

7.2/10

top topics

join