It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CRISIS on Jan. 21st or 22nd. Colin Powell Interview

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I think that, while the comments made by these people are interesting, they need to be held with the same grain of salt that we give any person making claims about a hesitant future. Let's think about this realistically. We're in the middle of a huge economic crunch, we're running a war on two fronts, and we can't seem to keep our people employed. This makes things look grim all the way around for everyone.

What I think this means is that everyone is trying to cope with this the best way that they can. To do so, they are hoping that there is a bottom that we'll hit sometime soon, which will provide us with a base to start from. While I can understand the desire to find a base to begin anew from, I can't understand the need to hope for a singular event to come that will mark the end of the downturn.

Being an optimist, I look more for the opportunities that this situation has produced for those with a little foresight. If you can find something good, and capitalize on it, in the end you will come out ahead of the game.

I guess my point here is that things like this don't always have to be so "gloom and doom". There can be a silver lining to them. This is one such case.

TheBorg

Edited for typo.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by TheBorg]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hopefully nothing will happen.
When Biden and Powell both made those comments, no foreign representative had yet made any comments whatsoever directly to Obama. My guess, or just the feeling I got anyway, was that they expected some other country to give him a little push to see if he'd buckle under pressure, or stand up and defiantly push back. (but not until he actually took office)

Just a couple days after that, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad released a statement directed at the president-elect expressing his concern about the U.S. foreign policy and basically telling him how he'd like him to handle the nuclear issue. If this wasn't testing his mettle, I don't know what is.

I think it came as a surprise to everyone because they weren't expecting it so soon.
Again, I hope there's no more to it than that, but I have my survival kit prepared just in case if you know what I mean.

Peace...I hope

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The Colin Powell thing did look like a slip to me. It was very odd, and very specific.

I would have thought that for most of the other countries of the world, BO will make a pleasant change from the dunderhead-in-chief. And I'd disagree that Ahmedinejad's comments constitute any kind of a test. He's making comments... but comments can be ignored. A test is something you can't ignore.

So, either

• nothing will happen, or
  • there'll be another false flag op like 9/11 or 7/7 or
  • Israel might do something dumb (on top of all the dumb **** they're pulling already) or
  • something else altogether.

If any foreign leader wants to test BO, I suspect it would be Olmert, trying to bounce him into doing something like bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There are voices out there who claim that China and/or Russia will be involved in some kind of staged event.....doesn't necessarily mean it is going to happen on Jan 21st or 22nd. But there is something going on with China and the US.

Another source claims that there are 2 Russian nuclear submarines on the West Coast as well as on the East Coast undetected.

Anyone who has heard similar things? As mentioned these sources are questionable.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatobserver

I've heard the same, but only I heard it from a christian truth show called Jack Van Impe Presents. It's a show that tells you what is really going on in the world and when they finish one story they talk about how much God loves everyone. Besides the God part it's a good show that comes on at 1am on Friday nights.

Last night the host was talking about how there is a chance someone might set of an EMP next week I think or either really soon. Next Friday the topic is on the NWO.

A lot of the things talked about on ATS is mention on the show.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I wonder if all these infos are from the same root source or if they emerged independently.
If there is something true on a staged event with China or Russia than we'll have to dress warm..........
Lots of changes to expect. Currently it seems that the US, Canada, and Mexico want to isolate themselves from the rest of the world. It seems they want to close everyone else out and a staged event where you could make your people believe there exists an outside threat would be very helpful in accomplishing this.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
And I'd disagree that Ahmedinejad's comments constitute any kind of a test. He's making comments... but comments can be ignored. A test is something you can't ignore.

While I totally agree that the Imadinnerjacket comments are no big deal, I still stick by my feelings as far as the generality of some country trying to see if he can be pushed around. If it's more than that, I suppose we'll be finding out shortly.

I still haven't unpacked my survival kit.

Peace

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I don't think we need a survival kit. BUT it might be some kind of event that justifies certain action towards more control, observation, law enforcement, etc....

Same was true for 9/11 and all the things that came afterwards, not to mention occupying other countries......

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well guys... what could happen tomorrow?

If anything happens it will either be the Economy or Obama releases incrimidating Bush & Cheaney documents.

That's my guess.

But I'm sure nothing will happen.... right?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm glad everything is still calm. If we disregard the economy. This morning the S&P was at 815 points......not good!

Powell talked about a crisis. Well, economically that's what it is.
Biden talked about a generated crisis within 6 month of Obama's presidency.

SO, let's stay positive and don't give strength to fear.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
CRISIS on Jan. 21st or 22nd.

At first I thought this was a bogus thread but it's true and real
They just had "Clinton" talk as the secretary of state!

This thread was very accurate!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
ok so here we are on the 23rd and wheres this crysis? it would appear that people are trying to make something out of nothing again. happens a lot here ive noticed. people want something bad to happen so they come up with this BS.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Isn't it more likely that they were speaking figuratively? Knowing that the President would be sworn-in on the 20th they were each making the point that it is likely, given world conditions at the moment, that Obama would be quickly tested. So, they figuratively said 'the 21st or the 22nd' meaning soon.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
ok so here we are on the 23rd and wheres this crysis? it would appear that people are trying to make something out of nothing again. happens a lot here ive noticed. people want something bad to happen so they come up with this BS.

MessOnTheFED!

Have you taken a peek at the stock market lately?

Line 2

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Thread here

Does Obama hitting Pakistan with a missle or two count?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join