It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Doorway Anointed with Oil

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
Its hilarious to watch as the obamabots roll out to try to defend this.

I don't see anyone defending it. It's a silly ritualistic practice and I think it's pretty stupid. Who do you see defending it? What am I missing?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
Just wait until all the people that voted for him finds out he is a Muslim but by then it'll be too late.

Whats wrong with being a muslim? And he says his a christian. Isnt it his choice what religion he follows?

He is not a Christian.

Well he says his a christian, considering anti-Obamanians have been making a big deal about his pastor and his "20years" in church, and ofcourse his choice of religion in america... how can it not be anymore clear?

This is going to be very interresting to watch unfold.
FlyersFan, I agree with you about there being too much religion in Politics
but I suspect there's going to be a totally new "kind" of religious traditions
filling the White House now.
Remember Michelle Obama saying that her husband was going to "change " our "traditions"?
Only time will tell.

Lets see now..

Obama is called anti-christian, anti-christ, not the christian choice... Considering also the rightwing christian hold on the republicans and the Bush administration and considering the boner for Israel every anti-Obamanian seems to have.. oh yes and the accusation Obama is somehow "anti-israel".... now his a threat to seperation of church and state

Considering this annointing thing has been done in all the previous administations as well..... jeeze, the facts just dont agree with ya.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by intrepid
When do the battle lines end?

It's not a republican/democrat thing. Not a conservative/liberal thing.

Right.... Im sure

The man hasnt even taken office yet... the least folks can do is give him a chance... grow a spine and look beyond your own partisan bias.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
The man hasnt even taken office yet... the least folks can do is give him a chance... grow a spine and look beyond your own partisan bias.

Hey buddy .. you did notice the fact that I said that as far as we know Obama didn't ask for this, didn't ya'? I already said that, as far as we know this wasn't a thing that HE did.

Grow a spine and look beyond your own partisan bias (back atchya) and see that I didn't say Obama wanted this, but instead basically said that this was just more public religion in a public place and that I have my opinion, which I'm allowed to have, that this was dumb.

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
Considering this annointing thing has been done in all the previous administations as well..... jeeze, the facts just dont agree with ya.

Considering this anointing thing has NOT been done in all the previous administrations as well ... jeeze, the facts just don't agree with ya.

Read the information. It's the FIRST TIME that the doorway in the Capitol has been anointed with holy oil for an inauguration.

Again - If a POTUS wants to bless the residence of the White House - great. But as for 'anointing a doorway' simply because The One is going to walk through it ... BAH! I say keep your blessing to yourself. As I said - I don't know if they did it because they like him or dislike him. I don't know if they did it for some kind of good luck charm or if they think it'll drive away the evil spirits and make him a better POTUS. I have no idea what their motivation was. I just don't think it belongs in the Capitol. That's my opinion and, in this country, I'm allowed to have it.

Too much of the public display of religion went on with Bush43 ('God told me to go to war" .. etc). As much as I can't stand Obama, I had hoped that the in-public religious fever would die off with him in office. But perhaps the exact opposite will happen. Everyone will think he is in need of saving and we'll be stuck seeing more of this kind of public display of religion or they'll start some kind of strange worship of the ground he walks on ....

I hope not.

immediate edit to fix spelling

[edit on 1/17/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Maybe they should include smudging for extra assurance.

The Sage smudge smells like dope. The neighbors always know when we are smudging. I get funny looks from the mailman sometimes when we are smudging and the mail gets delivered. I can only imagine having the Capitol smudged and then have all the newspeople show up! They'd be trying to sniff out who in the building was smoking dope.

Actually, that could be fun.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

the only thing is see that should be considered 'Incorrect'

is that a non-governmental source made the passageway consecrated...
by rights, an Official representative from say the Marines
or Coast Guard "Chaplin" Corps should have been the authorized 'oiler of the door'

what other superstitious rituals should we expect?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Ahhhhhhhh … come on! You’ve got to be kidding.

‘The One’ is getting his path cleared and the doorway blessed for the big event.

I agree, this is really over the top.

Why couldn't he just go with the ritual human sacrifice under the great owl?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
To the OP;

You ended your original post with the word,"whatever" and this symbol,

This,imho,shows a level of indifference to the subject,so why bother creating the thread in the first place?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The Sage smudge smells like dope.

Uh... No it doesn't.

‘The One’ is getting his path cleared and the doorway blessed for the big event.

You gotta admit. That phrase sounds like it's something Obama is actively participating in or approves of at least.

We agree. the practice is silly, but really, oil is good for wood, so it's not hurting anything. Unless someone makes a big deal of it. And as far as I can tell, no one is. This is the only place I've even heard about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
As long as they don't start anointing him personally with oil I wouldn't worry too much.

If they anoint him with oil, I'll be posting on ATS from Jerusalem.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
:bnghd:

I'm off to delete 20 points for a oneliner on myself. This had to be said though. When do the battle lines end?

HI Intrepid, When the moon is in the Seventh House And Jupiter aligns with Mars Then peace will guide the planets And love will steer the stars

You asked

[edit on 023131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
As long as they don't start anointing him personally with oil I wouldn't worry too much.

If they anoint him with oil, I'll be posting on ATS from Jerusalem.

Remember the uproar when Palin was prayed over for protection from demons and witchcraft

To anoint is to pour or smear with perfumed oil, milk, water, melted butter or other substances, a process employed ritually by many religions and races. People and things are anointed to symbolize the introduction of a sacramental or divine influence, a holy emanation, spirit, power or god. It can also be seen as a spiritual mode of ridding persons and things of dangerous influences, as of demons (Persian drug, Greek κηρες, Armenian dev) believed to be or to cause disease.

Same difference,
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Oh wait wait, OH, OH, let's take this to a new level,

We know how obsessed Obama is with Lincoln

Abhishek had believed that the virtues of one killed could be transferred to survivors if the latter rubbed themselves with his caul-fat.

Other rites are associated with eating a victim whose virtues are coveted. So the Arabs of East Africa anoint themselves with lion's fat in order to gain courage and inspire fear in other animals. Human fat is likewise a powerful charm. R. Smith points out,[citation needed] after the blood, fat was peculiarly the vehicle and seat of life. This is why fat of a victim was smeared on a sacred stone, not only in homage but in consecration. The influence of the deity, communicated to the victim, passed with the unguent into the stone. Thus such divinity could, by anointing, be transferred into men as well. In several temple reliefs in Ancient Egypt the Pharaoh is depicted being anointed by Horus (sun god and "father" of Pharaoh) and Thoth (god of wisdom), the oil of which is symbolically depicted as a stream of ankhs (symbols of life). Also, especially from the New Kingdom onward, anointing is often depicted in intimate scenes between husband and wife, where the wife is shown anointing her spouse, as a sign of affection. The most famous example of this is on the throne of Tutankhamun.

one killed, Lincoln was killed,

Human fat is likewise a powerful charm. R. Smith points out, after the blood, fat was peculiarly the vehicle and seat of life. This is why fat of a victim was smeared on a sacred stone, not only in homage but in consecration. The influence of the deity, communicated to the victim, passed with the unguent into the stone. Thus such divinity could, by anointing, be transferred into men as well,

Let's see, you don't think he had access to Lincoln's tomb do you?

Dear lord the thoughts that run through my head.

Blood=DNA

[edit on 023131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

The Sage smudge smells like dope.

Uh... No it doesn't.

Yes it does. At least the sage we get shipped from New Mexico ends up smelling like dope when it burns. And the sage we smell smoking at the Green Corn festival in Connecticut smells like dope. The neighbors all say it smells like dope when we burn it.

I'd say that perhaps the New Mexico folks sent dope by accident instead of sage - but that would cost a lot more than the sage and we didn't get high any of the times we have smudged ... so ....

You gotta admit. That phrase sounds like it's something Obama is actively participating in or approves of at least.

I suppose some would take it that way.
However, I was rather specific when i said this -

these people are 'anointing the inauguration doorway with holy oil' for 'The One'. He didn't ask for it - that we know of -

I'm not worried about it. This is a discussion forum so I'm discussing it. I just happen to think it is out of place. I had hopes that some of the religious fever would disappear with Bush43 going out and with Palin not being elected. Now I'm thinking that there could be just as much - either from people who think Obama is desperately in need of prayers and exorcism, to the people who worship the ground he walks on.

I think it's odd and out of place. But I'm definately not worried about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Perhaps the people who are doing the annointing have bought into the "antichrist" theory that seems to be doing the rounds at the moment!

Maybe this ritual has been devised to maybe reduce some of his "powers",or weaken him somehow.

Anyone thought of that?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I do not doubt this will take place. However, it will take place BEFORE the inauguration, and in a private ceremony.

I am being quite honest here. There are some individuals that consider Obama to be the long awaited second messiah.

After all, wouldn't you anoint the crown of your messiah with holy oil? I believe that's exactly what will take place (albeit in private).

However, then we have the group that believes he's the antichrist. Interestingly enough, this man does possess all the needed traits of the antichrist. Isn't it said that the antichrist will take on the false guise of the messiah?

If an assassination attempt takes place, and it wounds Obama during the inauguration ceremony, then the truth will be known. Isn't it said that the antichrist will be fatally wounded, but somehow miraculously survives?

I can see all this taking place. The probabilities are just too high to brush off.

----------

Now on a personal level, do I believe any of this? Not at all. Do I believe Obama to be messiah or antichrist? I do not. However, with that being said, the meme has been planted, and unfortunately it might come to bear fruit.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Interesting side note and not much more. If it pleases some people I don't see the harm. Why would anyone even care?

I'm sure this thread will draw the irrationally intolerant crowd into the open

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
Maybe this ritual has been devised to maybe reduce some of his "powers",or weaken him somehow. Anyone thought of that?

Yes, I thought of that. Weaken evil spirits around him. That kind of thing.

I also thought that it could have been done for the reason that the people in the OT used to anoint with holy oil - to show kingship and reign over people and to show a supernatural blessing.

We don't know for sure why it was done.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
If it pleases some people I don't see the harm. Why would anyone even care?

It doesn't harm anything. It's just that it's more religious stuff connected with politics and with the govenoring of our country. It would be nice to be rid of it. Yes ... even the swearing in with the bible. I'd love to see that go out the window as well. (considering how entrenched that tradition is, I doubt that'll go anytime soon) Actually, the bible itself says not to swear to God, so why would anyone who believes in the bible swear on it when the bible itself pretty much says not to??

But Washington isn't asking my opinon - so I'll just post it here - on a discussion forum - where it belongs.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No,i was thinking more along the lines that they may be trying to weaken Obama,if they were to believe that he could indeed be the antichrist!

Farfetched i know,but some of these religious ceremonies just bamboozle me!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join