It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Doorway Anointed with Oil

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Doorway Anointed with Oil for Obama

In a first for presidential inaugurations, Congressman Paul Broun of Georgia joined Reverend Rob Schenck of Faith and Action and others. …. in a prayer service inside the US Capitol that included anointing the doorway President-Elect Barack Obama will pass through on his way to the platform to be sworn in as the 44th president of the United States on January 20.

Video available here

Ahhhhhhhh … come on! You’ve got to be kidding.

‘The One’ is getting his path cleared and the doorway blessed for the big event.

When we bless and 'clear' our house we do the window sills and doorways - putting holywater crosses and/or holy oil on them. That's to get the spooks out.

I don't know if these people are getting rid of spooks, trying to bless Obama's path because they think he's wonderful, trying to bless his path because they think he needs it, all of the above, or something different.

Whatever.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If I were Bush I wouldn't want to leave any locks of hair behind in the White House. I hear they use those locks in some nasty spells.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
When we bless and 'clear' our house we do the window sills and doorways - putting holywater crosses and/or holy oil on them. That's to get the spooks out.

Considering the outgoing administration, this doesn't seem to be an unreasonable precaution.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

It's not at the White House. It's at the Capitol Building.
Bush has the White House blessed and exorcised after Clinton was there.
I can understand getting the house you are going to live in blessed.

But these people are 'anointing the inauguration doorway with holy oil' for 'The One'. He didn't ask for it - that we know of - but they are doing it on their own and it had to be approved before they could do it.

It's odd to me.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think it's a bit of a superstitious ritual. But if the religious people get something out of it, I don't have a problem with it.

When we bless and 'clear' our house we do the window sills and doorways - putting holywater crosses and/or holy oil on them.

So you yourself do this practice in your own home, yet you think they've "got to be kidding" when they do it in the Capitol building?

I don't know if these people are getting rid of spooks, trying to bless Obama's path because they think he's wonderful, trying to bless his path because they think he needs it, all of the above, or something different.

Perhaps you should have read your source. The reason is right there. The tradition goes back to George Washington.

"Anointing with oil is a rich tradition both in the Bible and in the history of the US Capitol," said Rev. Schenck. "Oil symbolizes consecration, or setting something apart for God's use. George Washington used oil during the dedication of the US Capitol.

Originally posted by FlyersFan but they are doing it on their own and it had to be approved before they could do it.

Where did you get this piece of information?

Anointing for Alito in 2006

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
So you yourself do this practice in your own home, yet you think they've "got to be kidding" when they do it in the Capitol building?

We have doorways blessed in our house as part of a monthly religious exorcism type blessing. What they did was different from what we do. And yes ... they've 'got to be kidding' ...

Perhaps you should have read your source. The reason is right there. The tradition goes back to George Washington.

Uh .. no. Perhaps YOU should have read the source. This is the FIRST TIME that the doorway has been anointed with oil for an inauguration. What you are quoting is how blessed oil has been used in the past, elsewhere.

Where did you get this piece of information?

Anyone who wants access to the Capitol has to receive approval to enter.
ANYONE. And they have to state their purpose for being there. Even tourists. That's common knowledge.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Game goes to Benevolent Heretic.

There are a ton more wacky rituals yet to be done. Have you ever seen the House of Commons on C-Span? That is some weird stuff with the queen and all. I guess a little tradition is ok as long as people keep civilized and respectful of other people. is that a conservative view?

hmmm - I better ask my buddies on Ihub.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

We have doorways blessed in our house as part of a monthly religious exorcism type blessing. What they did was different from what we do.

Oh! So, your little monthly ritualistic exorcism with "holy water" and "holy oil" on the windows and doors of your home is perfectly normal and understandable, but anointing a doorway with oil as part of a prayer service in the Capitol Building is somehow totally different? LOL

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
I guess a little tradition is ok as long as people keep civilized and respectful of other people.

It's not tradition. This is the first time it's ever been done.
I just think it's very odd. As I said - I can see blessing the
White House - it's been done before and that's private. It's where
someone lives. But never has a Capitol doorway been 'anointed
with holy oil' before an inauguration.

I think there is waaaaaay too much religion in our politics.
I'd love to see all religion taken out of political 'oaths' etc ...
I also think that this is strange - and I'm entitled to that opinion.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

We have doorways blessed in our house as part of a monthly religious exorcism type blessing. What they did was different from what we do.

Oh! So, your little monthly ritualistic exorcism with "holy water" and "holy oil" on the windows and doors of your home is perfectly normal and understandable, but anointing a doorway with oil as part of a prayer service in the Capitol Building is somehow totally different? LOL

Here here! And if an annointing works, is it only temporary? Once a month seems like you must have a lot of demons after you. You've got to be kidding

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

your little monthly ritualistic exorcism......

My 'little' monthly ritualist exorcism ....???

:shk: Your snotty condensation gets more and more sickening as the months roll by. But at least you haven't pulled out the usual 'your against Obama so you're a racist' card ... yet.

The long dark sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiide continues ....

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Layla
Once a month seems like you must have a lot of demons after you.

Naaaaah ... it's just what we do. Lots of people we know do this. The Native American sage blessing. Holy water. Etc. Keeps 'em all away so that there never are 'spook issues'.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Okay...

Everyone take a deep breath... Lest I start anointing... And we all know how that will go.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Well played!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
:bnghd:

I'm off to delete 20 points for a oneliner on myself. This had to be said though. When do the battle lines end?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
When do the battle lines end?

It's not a republican/democrat thing. Not a conservative/liberal thing.
It's a - I think it's odd thing. And it's a - too much religion in politics thing.

How is that a 'battle line'? It's an opinion.
I think 'anointing a doorway' for inauguration is strange.
No matter who does it and no matter who is getting sworn in.
I also think all this religion in the inauguration is out of place.
In the private residence of the White House .. fine.
But in the Capitol for the inauguration?

Leave the religion at home.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
[edit on 16-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Its hilarious to watch as the obamabots roll out to try to defend this. A good indication of whenever your on to something is to check to see if the Democrat Party's personal representative to ATS, Benevolent Heretic, is trying to defend the action. If he is, you are on to something. Remember, these are the very same people who act hysterical about church and state and yet its perfectly OK when Obama endorses something like this.

The truth is that this is absurd. Obama is no Washington, Lincoln, or any other President he is trying to mimic by going through all this pomp and circumstance. This is a enthronement of a man who wants to sit as King and quite possibly God on earth, not a President.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Just wait until all the people that voted for him finds out he is a Muslim but by then it'll be too late.
He is not a Christian.
This is going to be very interresting to watch unfold.
FlyersFan, I agree with you about there being too much religion in Politics
but I suspect there's going to be a totally new "kind" of religious traditions
filling the White House now.
Remember Michelle Obama saying that her husband was going to "change " our "traditions"?
Only time will tell.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I suppose a little oil won't hurt to make sure the area is cleared of bad stuff. Maybe they should include smudging for extra assurance. At least it's not the 'flesh and blood', sweat and tears sort of rituals.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join