It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who believes they are a werewolf

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Originally posted by Nightshade93
i hope thats a real question

It's real to me. At least I think it is. If i try real hard and perceive it
as real then I can understand me and write the novel that I have been
working on. It's not about people that are not werewolves but claim to
not be werewolves at a time when they should be werewolves only to
find out it was all the dream of a werewolf.

oh thank god someone who has a real question
no im not your neihbor i just like werewolves and it helps me be more creative while im writing to believe i am one.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
if you need any help with your book please do not hesitate to ask

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightshade93

Hello Night,

If you want to write your book - go ahead - good luck.

Whatever or whoever you think you are is up to you.

Go forward and do not let anyone hold you back.

Be gentle with people and animals.

Be gentle with yourself.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

thank you for your advice i will do my best.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

i am sick of people tellin me im crazy i like to write thats it, if i feel its real in some way i put it in my book i f feel theres no possibiley to it i leave it out plain and simple so leave me the hell alone

I have read your comments and I think it would be more appropriate for you to say that you like to get into a character when writing a story.

I think people have misinterpreted you by your statements about believing you are a warewolf.

A lot of actors do this for movies so that they can convey more intense feelings etc in the scenes.

I still do not actually see what you are trying to ask despite this, are you looking to find out more about this fictional character?

I would suggest reading some fictional books or watching some movies on topic.

I hope that you do not pretend to write the book as a warewolf as it may cause a mess

[edit on 17-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

oh because you dont believe then we shouldnt entertain the subject... i see.. so you are the final word in all that is real and fake... talk about true ignorance...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42
There are a few people at my school who are obsessed with the moon, wolves, and vampires...and I get the feeling that they think they are werewolves and vampires sometimes. Of course they are outcasts and not very good at anything, everyone always laughs at them or bullies them. Maybe that would be good in the book, geek by day, werewolf by night. In theory, becoming a werewolf is just like shape shifting, which today many people claim to be able to do. Good luck writing.

how do you know what they are good at?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Hi
I come to this site often, but haven't posted yet. However, when I saw this thread, I couldn't help myself. I think the person who thinks he/she is a werewolf may want to look at this...lol

Clinical lycanthropy is defined as a rare psychiatric syndrome which involves a DELUSION that the affected person can or has transformed into an animal, or that he or she is an animal.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i just write ok i feel more creative when i act it out sometimes i even have a friend help and we both know its not real.

is that a better argument for or do i have to explain myself one more time

all i need is to know what people know and i need to talk to real people to do it.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i would read but after awhile it gets boring

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
IF and I do mean IF you want to write a 'realistic' werewolf story you'll have to throw Hollywood's ideas out the window....

First off lets just say one could transform from man into wolf like creature what would be the science behind that ?

Well, okay first off it'd have to be a really large wolf like creature after wards, because it's easy to add mass then to take mass away, this however poses a problem for once you transformed you'd be stuck in your wolf like form as you can't take away the mass you've just gained, you'd have to gain more mass to become human looking again.

For instance, lets say you start off 5ft even, to become more wolf like you'd transform into a 10ft wolf like creature, but you can't just loose all that muscle and bone to return to a 5ft large human, Thermal Dynamics don't work like that.

Instead you'd have to transform again into a 20ft large human, you see the problem here don't you ? Every time you transform you'd be gaining more and more mass, doubling the height and quadrupling the weight or whatever have you.

So, taking this into account you'd transform the one time into your half man / half wolf creature and be stuck like that for the rest of your life.

HOWEVER, this could make an interesting story where the main character is an outcast from mans world as he is no longer a man, nor is he welcomed into the natural world as he's not a wolf as well, as he's something in between the two.

How he becomes one should be an experiment, like he was a scientist looking into the werewolf myth and wondering if it was possible to genetically create a werewolf using himself as a test subject.

Things of course would go south from there once he starts messing with his own DNA and the DNA of a wolf combining them together to see what would happen.

NOW, mind you this is only a 'THEORY' I'm not saying that Werewolves are real, I'm just thinking about this from a scientific point of view for a story that would be more 'real' then the Hollywood werewolf tales are.

Now as we know, any experiment like this will have to have side effects, naturally, you could have the change happen slowly over time, like as first he becomes a lot stronger, faster, and so on.

He sees no ill effects right away, he still looks human, so he continues experimenting on himself, he doesn't see the danger of playing god with his own life the way he is, until it is too late.

Once he reaches a certain point the experiment shows just what he's doing to himself, his skin starts turning a different color and he starts sprouting hair all over, long hair, and so on.

However it is too late to turn back the wolf DNA is doing it's thing, changing him into a half wolf / half man combo creature, he's not one or the other, he's something in between the two and like I said before it's easier to add mass then to take it away he becomes larger and larger 'till he can't use man made objects like he could before the change.

Now this is just off the top of my head mind you, you don't have to use this for your story, but I figured if you want something more 'reality' based then mythical based this could be a starting point.

[edit on 1/17/2009 by Woulfe]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
in my opinion an average werewolf/shape-shifter/lyan would be about 7ft tall which would only make my character gain and lose about 2 to 3 ft give or take. my character is actually a 13 year old girl who is an outcast at her new school. merely because of the fact that she's new. and the only one who is her friend is a bot she met on the school playground.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
and thank you for telling me what you know.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

There is NO possibility for the DNA to change that way in the same person.

Friends, in ancient times people didn't know what we now know about physics, chemistry, biology... So they needed to explain the things by other means. Now we can explain most things and the ones we can't should be explained in the future. So, pleeeease... Don't just see the subject from the easier side, search for "scientific" explanations too!

And if believing you really are that you can right easily, then keep doing it! Imagination is one of the best human characteristics!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Isn't it more plausible that someone had this condition -xenophilius.files.wordpress.com...

And perhaps there weren't that many of those people around in Europe, perhaps someone saw one and because of human nature, became frightened at the sight of a extremely hairy human (hairier than your father or grandfather
). Word spreads, panic sets in, and we have a new legend, the legend of The WOLF MAN. Or werewolf, or lycanthorpe lol trying to make it sound scientific with latin or whatever.

And no I don't feel I am a werewolf, I do know that I used to sleepwalk and urinate on my parents' vacuum cleaner and in "closets" (lol I'm not in one now,nor am I homosexual
).

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

i would read but after awhile it gets boring

Author Who Finds Reading Boring.

Hahahaa. Please do not contact me via yahoo.
That's just creepy. Contact me here.

Are we clear on that?

Good!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by trilateral_insignia

Wow, I agree. People probably saw someone like that, freaked out and made up stories which turned into myths, then turned into religions, then turned into heresy, then turned into fairy tales.
www.pantheon.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

..and the only one who is her friend is a bot she met on the school playground.

Cool a werewolf meeting a bot. Sound interesting!!! (jk Did you mean to say boy?)

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
All I know is I was out walking on a bridge in my werewolf costume and some kid in a souped-up wheelchair started shooting fireworks at me and got me right in the eye!! He had an uncle that looked kinda like Gary Busey. Weird.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hasn't that new Vampire vs Werewolf film just come out?

I think so....

Please can Mods stop atrocities like these!

Or can we at least have an age limit put on members joining?

These 12 year olds are really putting me off this site!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join