It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other UFO Sightings in the Bible?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The only reason you say that is because you already had preconcieved notions that you know everything!How can someone learn anything while they are talking?Where does it say that any of his interpretatons are correct?Is there a handbook that's called"This is every meaning in the Bible Exaclty as the Jews meant it and why" then I will keepon keeping on.And who are you Preest to judge our debate?You are not God!You know more than us.So quit acting like you o.g. uo in this piece!!! And I never meant to offend who ever that was that just said that I offended them, my bad.This is like a grade school argument with many people involved, with one group of kids defending one thing, and another group defending another, it will keep going back and forth.And interpreting the Bible for your own meaning is something I believe Jesus said, but I maybe wrong, I have to look it up and get back to you,because you act like you know every scripture word for word, and you don't, but it has been a while.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Preest

Originally posted by Cardu
I know your type : you'r *Belifs* are correct?
We "small" guys that trying to prove something else are joust Nothing?(feels like(our proof are youst crap compared to your biblical Knowledge)
If GOD is the GOD in your image then GOD is that GOD, if GOD is an Extraterrestrial Being(s) that visitid(created) earth many millenia ago. This planet could never developed highly intelligent species (ex humans) on such small planet and so short time.
My belief is that no theory should be dismissed unless it encroaches on already established data(the exception is to update the data or correct it). My belief is that common sense and logic are an important part of the research process. You have no idea what God is in "my image". I do agree with you that that biblical knowledge does win out against uneducated theories based on scripture...I believe you have to have an understanding of scripture before you can prove anything with it.

[Edited on 4-24-2004 by Preest]

Speaking of Proof, what proofs that everything in the bible is true? This make us 50/50

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

We "small" guys that trying to prove something else are joust Nothing?(feels like(our proof are youst crap compared to your biblical Knowledge)

I�m not sure why you don�t understand. Everything Preest and I have said can be backed by the same book that you art attempting to discredit, The Bible. You have failed time and time again to prove your points with biblical scripture. I mean we�re still talking about the bible aren�t we? Jhova said Cherubs are UFO�s and said he thinks he read in the bible where it said they were made of metal and therefore can be considered UFO�s. We backed up our position with verses from the bible describing the physical features of a cherub and wait with baited breath for him to backup his claims with the same. So once again direct me to the book and verse.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The understanding is what varies from person to person, Jew to Jew, smart guy to dumb guy.There is some reasons to believe what we of now MANY believe to be true.You saying you have backed something up with vague statements as the BIble sometimes makes, is like sending someone to jail for murder, and the DNA of the blood found on the scene does not match the accused.It is almost impossible to definitely say you have proved with these scriptures, NO MATTER WHAT SIDE YOU ARE ON!The only things that are definite about this world and that stay the same is that humans go corrupt at some point in time.I HAVE used scriptures to give some credibility to what I have said, it just depends on who WANTS to listen.I NOR you or anyone else has yet to positively, without a doubt, proved anything, other than in there own minds, and with the theory that bests fit there own character, beliefs, and mentality, reguardless of "evidence" 9 times out of 10.Start looking up my stuff first, and then criticie me.

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by jhova]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Speaking of Proof, what proofs that everything in the bible is true? This make us 50/50
I've actually said that several times already. Basing a theory on a book that hasn't been completely authenticated istself (I say completely because some of the Bible has been proven to be historically accurate) is like me claiming the Walt Disney company's movie, Stitch is real and Walt Disney himself drew on his own alien adbuction to create some notes that eventually were used to create the movie.

Can it be proven? Nope...does that mean my "theory" is correct...of course not.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhova
The only reason you say that is because you already had preconcieved notions that you know everything!How can someone learn anything while they are talking?Where does it say that any of his interpretatons are correct?Is there a handbook that's called"This is every meaning in the Bible Exaclty as the Jews meant it and why" then I will keepon keeping on.And who are you Preest to judge our debate?You are not God!You know more than us.So quit acting like you o.g. uo in this piece!!! And I never meant to offend who ever that was that just said that I offended them, my bad.This is like a grade school argument with many people involved, with one group of kids defending one thing, and another group defending another, it will keep going back and forth.And interpreting the Bible for your own meaning is something I believe Jesus said, but I maybe wrong, I have to look it up and get back to you,because you act like you know every scripture word for word, and you don't, but it has been a while.
All your post boils down to is that you plan to translate the Bible inspite of the scriptures that disprove your theory...and to show us all that you know what you're talking about...you'll just tell us instead of show us.

I'm not calling you dumb...I honestly don't think you know anything about the bible enough to be trying to prove any theory.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

I�m not sure why you don�t understand. Everything Preest and I have said can be backed by the same book that you art attempting to discredit, The Bible. You have failed time and time again to prove your points with biblical scripture. I mean we�re still talking about the bible aren�t we? Jhova said Cherubs are UFO�s and said he thinks he read in the bible where it said they were made of metal and therefore can be considered UFO�s. We backed up our position with verses from the bible describing the physical features of a cherub and wait with baited breath for him to backup his claims with the same. So once again direct me to the book and verse.

well you got some points there, but things change veary fast in *Fighting* threads

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

well you got some points there, but things change veary fast in *Fighting* threads
I don't "fight" when it comes to the bible. If somebody has a theory and they feel it's sound I expect to see biblical proof with scripture and correct translation of the language and symbolism.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I don't "fight" when it comes to the bible. If somebody has a theory and they feel it's sound I expect to see biblical proof with scripture and correct translation of the language and symbolism.

yep, afterall we all seeking the truth... why not cooperate ? than Hitting eachother with words.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What you have shown me time and time again, scripture to website, is NOT, and I repeat NOT fact merely speculation.Those scriptures are vague, and for you to say that you have proven anything, without a shadow of a doubt is crazy, no matter what you say!It seems to me that we, as humans (the new Jews, not the original sacrifcing, killing hundreds of thousands of people, fresh out of Egypt Jews, priests, whoever, especially, organizations like religions and governments).?You have proved nothing, and I know enough about the Bible to know that you cannot say without a shadow of a doubt that you can take the Bible's meaning in it's entirety, no ones can, except fot those who wrote it.And that applies to almost anything written.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

yep, afterall we all seeking the truth... why not cooperate ? than Hitting eachother with words.
In my opinion, seeking the truth is different from people twisting it for their own benefit.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I have no intention to fight with anyone; it�s the last refuge of a defeated man. However I will continue to backup my side of the argument with biblical verses. For anyone to be taken seriously when talking about the bible they must backup their position or statements with verse numbers as a reference.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

What you have shown me time and time again, scripture to website, is NOT, and I repeat NOT fact merely speculation.Those scriptures are vague, and for you to say that you have proven anything, without a shadow of a doubt is crazy, no matter what you say!
And yet, you've been presented with more scriptural evidence than you've offered on your own behalf. Funny isn't it?

If they're so vague...why are you trying to convince people of their accuracy when it comes to aliens? They're only vague to you when they don't back what you're saying...

At this point you haven't presented any of your own biblical evidence...why?

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Those scriptures are vague, and for you to say that you have proven anything, without a shadow of a doubt is crazy, no matter what you say!

With some verses there is nothing to interpret. Can you tell me what part of this verse needs interpreting? We are talking about a physical description, �cherubim reached out his hand� it�s fairly clear that they had hands don�t you think.

Ezekiel 10:7

Then one of the cherubim reached out his hand to the fire that was among them. He took up some of it and put it into the hands of the man in linen, who took it and went out.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
There is no evidence, only specultation, did you not hear me the first hundred times when I said, ahem, let me clear my throat,THOSE SCRIPTURES HAVE NOT PROVED ANYTHING EXACTLY TO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING OR AGAINST MINE for that matter.I did not say I would prove anything exactly, I have PLENTY of reasons to think why though.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

In my opinion, seeking the truth is different from people twisting it for their own benefit.

are you talking about yourself? (joust kiddin)
you see, people that dont got any proof of their belifs are twisted? sounds really bad altitude...

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
So what!Read Ezekiel10:9-18 and cheribum seems to have a differnt meaning, also in other verses in Ezekiel.Quit cling on to on idea.It has not proved anything.The bogus translations into English is a bit sketchy.Just because it sounds good in your mind, does not make it right.The scriptures have not flat out said in standard english what you have TRIED to prove every single time. Just because you write down a particular verse, and say what it means, DOES NOT MEANS IT MEANS WHAT YOU SAY just because you think so.It leaves a whole hell of a lot to interpretation.It only doesn't for people who think they know everything, and don't know it all.And please quit saying that I think that I can prove anything with evidence, I have shown reasons to believe certain things, I think I have done just that.CHECK OUT THE SITE , for crying out loud!

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Proof and speculation about something, and then saying it is proof, when it is speculative in nature, is NOT PROOF!The verses presented are not saying exactly what you make seem, period!And someone please tell me why 14 ft and larger sized when walked the earth?The Bible says so, so why not believe it if the evidence is there, and that can be applied in so many ways.Who is really doing the twisting of verse to mean what they want, that seems to be a matter of opinion buddy!

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Read Ezekiel10:9-18...The bogus translations into English is a bit sketchy.
Bogus translations into english?

Feel free to translate those scriptures from the original Hebrew into a language you feel comfortable with. I'm sure you can say "bogus translations into english" because you know of better translations, right?

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Read Ezekiel10:9-18...The bogus translations into English is a bit sketchy.

I�m sure that you can understand the need for the bible to be translated. Most of the books of the Old Testament were originally written in Hebrew (with a few portions in Aramaic), while the entire New Testament was originally written in Greek. Not many people today would be able to understand these languages. It needed to be translated into other languages so it could be read and studied by the followers of Christianity. The Hebrew and Aramaic language doesn�t translate to English perfectly but the translation attempts to stay as close to the originally written word as best it can. In a lot of modern study bibles if a word doesn�t exactly match the English equivalent it is referenced and the reader is shown the alternative meaning of the original text. It�s not perfect but the stories and records have not been purposely changed from the original.

We have a couple different Translation Philosophies:

Formal Correspondence Translations

Tries to stick as closely as possible to the original wording and word-order of the Hebrew and Greek texts. Thus they may seem more accurate or "literal," but often require detailed explanations in footnotes to avoid being misinterpreted by modern readers. They are good for in-depth academic study of the Bible, but may be less suited for public proclamation, since they can be difficult to understand when heard or read aloud.

Dynamic Equivalence Translations

Attempts to put the sense of the original text into the best modern English, remaining close to the ideas expressed but not always following the exact wording or word-order of the Hebrew or Greek originals. Thus they may seem less "literal" than the formal correspondence translations, but can be just as "faithful" to the original text, and are therefore generally better suited for public proclamation or liturgical use.

www.zondervanbibles.com...

The NIV Bible (the most recent translation) was translated not by one individual but by 115 different biblical scholars and published in 1978. Translation Philosophy is a balance between word-for-word and thought-for-thought.

Another good thread is �Dead Sea Scrolls and the Modern Bible�. It shows that the recently found �Dead Sea Scrolls� are identical to today�s translation and our modern version of the text remains as valid as it was 2000 years ago when the scrolls were being placed in the caves of the Dead Sea. Irrefutable proof that our translation is correct.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join